X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cadaverdog
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by FORD
    I've only heard of "Killdozer" because it was mentioned on Beavis and Butthead way back in the 90s.

Still haven't actually seen it.
    Nobody has mentioned Maximum Overdrive. I think aliens were behind that one.
    Beware of Dog

Comment

• twonabomber
      formerly F A T
      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Maximum Overdrive was a solar flare or something, wasn't it?

Nope, Wiki sez:

On June 19, 1987, Earth passes through the tail of a rogue comet, Rhea-M. In Wilmington, North Carolina, machines suddenly come to life, attacking humans. The town's drawbridge suddenly begins to lift, spilling vehicles and killing several people.
      Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
        Veteran
        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by cadaverdog
        I think you're right about the last scenes in Duel. I remember seeing blood dripping off the fan on the dash of the truck after it went off the cliff. The truck driver in Duel had road rage. The Car was possessed by a demon. You see thetruck driver in Duel in Chucks Cafe but you don't know which person it is. I wonder if Wiki has that info.
        That's what i never could figure out. The truck was pulling a gasoline tanker but it never exploded. Must have been empty.
        RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
        LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• sonrisa salvaje
          Veteran
          • Jun 2005

Nobody has mentioned Maximum Overdrive. I think aliens were behind that one.
          Great movie but i didn't mention it since it came so far after the others. It wasn't really a part of that 70's chain of clone movies. There were always a string of movies that were similar, like when Jaws came out and then suddenly you had movies about everything in the water attacking people. Orca comes to mind as well as Piranha. You also had the string of movies where different animals were attacking like Day of the Animals, Food of the Gods, Empire of the Ants, and Kingdom of the Spiders. Damn, i miss the whacky 70's.
          RIDE TO LIVE, LIVE TO RIDE
          LET `EM ROLL ONE MORE TIME

Comment

• FORD
            ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
            That's what i never could figure out. The truck was pulling a gasoline tanker but it never exploded. Must have been empty.
            There were some serious gaps in logic in that movie......

For example, the confrontation begins because the truck driver is apparently pissed off that Dennis Weaver dared to pass him on a hill, which means the old beat up truck was driving slow. Certainly typical of trucks on hills, especially older trucks.

Yet in the rest of the movie, this beat up old truck (1955 Peterbilt, I think?) is able to keep up with a brand new car (it was a 71 Plymouth Valiant used in the film) including on several steep hills. You see Weaver checking his speedometer as it goes up to 80......90.....100 MPH, and this 18 wheeled rustbucket from Hell is still on his ass.... up a hill?

Yeah right........

Works for a movie, I guess. But not even remotely logical.
            Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• cadaverdog
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Aug 2007

It was. It never could have kept up with that little Plymouth if it was full of fuel. The first hill he had to climb he would have left the truck in the dust.
              Beware of Dog

Comment

• cadaverdog
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Aug 2007

There were some serious gaps in logic in that movie......

For example, the confrontation begins because the truck driver is apparently pissed off that Dennis Weaver dared to pass him on a hill, which means the old beat up truck was driving slow. Certainly typical of trucks on hills, especially older trucks.

Yet in the rest of the movie, this beat up old truck (1955 Peterbilt, I think?) is able to keep up with a brand new car (it was a 71 Plymouth Valiant used in the film) including on several steep hills. You see Weaver checking his speedometer as it goes up to 80......90.....100 MPH, and this 18 wheeled rustbucket from Hell is still on his ass.... up a hill?

Yeah right........

Works for a movie, I guess. But not even remotely logical.
                All he had to do was turn around and go the other way and the truck would have to find a place to turn around to follow him. He could have waited for the guy to come out to the truck at the cafe and beat his ass with a tire iron.
                Beware of Dog

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Von Halen
                  Zah, it seems one from over there, and several from here, would like this pissing contest to cuntinue. I have no idea why, as it is just ignorant.

It's an old and tired act. I am so sick of it, I just might ban myself.

Tell me again who it is perpetuating this crap?

That's funny. That's what your mother said last night. I had to flip her another two bucks before I continued. As I said in chat you couldn't even punch out a hanging chad. You've been flapping your gums for weeks about all the ass you're gonna kick but you ain't done shit about shit. You couldn't win a flame war with a flame thrower if the other guy had a bic lighter.
                  Go back to the sty and give your girlfriend a goodnight kiss. It's past your bedtime and you're getting a little cranky.
                  Whatever you say asshole. You're not even manly enough to play internet bad ass yourself. You have to hide behind Lard Ass and talk shit. Now that's a pussy move. The only incontinent date I've had is with your mother. She's sucking my dick while I'm posting. She offered to give me a gum job but she looks like Granny Clampett without her teeth in. By the way, I'm your real Dad. That was my coat hanger sticking in your head when you were born. I tried to abort the mission but your mom's gash was too deep and wide for me to hook you without falling in. You were concieved out of love though. I love fucking your mother butt I should have stuck to anal. I could always go ass to mouth when I cum. My one legged pirate friend stumped her. I'm sure you can figure that out for yourself. How's your wife and my kids doing? Now you and your pals can cry a fucking river about me talking about your mommy.

Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• VetteLS5
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2012

I've only heard of "Killdozer" because it was mentioned on Beavis and Butthead way back in the 90s.

What's funny about those movies is the actors that are in them. Some of them did some fairly decent work at times. Killdozer is available in full on YouTube... in fact I couldn't find just a snippet to post and didn't think anyone wanted the full movie link posted so I just went with the advert image. I think there's another obscure vehicle possession movie from back then too but it's not coming to me.

Of course, nothing comes close to Christine though. When Jay posted "keep a knockin' (but you can't come in)" that scene popped right into my head.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                      Commando
                      • Mar 2012

Originally posted by twonabomber
                      Maximum Overdrive was a solar flare or something, wasn't it?
                      download.jpg

Comment

• jhale667
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VetteLS5
                        Of course, nothing comes close to Christine though. When Jay posted "keep a knockin' (but you can't come in)" that scene popped right into my head.
                        At least someone got the dual reference...
                        Originally posted by conmee
                        If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                        Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                        I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                        Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                        Originally posted by eddie78
                        I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2012

You also had the string of movies where different animals were attacking like Day of the Animals, Food of the Gods, Empire of the Ants, and Kingdom of the Spiders. Damn, i miss the whacky 70's.
                          FOTG!!! That is must-see TV if it ever shows up on cable. I remember buying some kind of "creepshow" magazine back then at the 7-11 because it had all these pics and stuff from FOTG. The effects are so campy. I loved that movie when I was a kid.

Comment

• VetteLS5
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2012

Originally posted by jhale667
                            At least someone got the dual reference...
                            Tell ya what, that is one wicked scene in that movie. King's best ever I think (though Misery has it's moments too).

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by VetteLS5
                              Tell ya what, that is one wicked scene in that movie. King's best ever I think (though Misery has it's moments too).
                              Yeah, didn't come out until '83 so it missed the 70's schlock connection, but stil fits right in with the rest...
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

It's available on Youtube in its entirety...

Comment

Working...