Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Brett
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

It took a fucking dopey user with a chick flapping her tits in the air to make you see the light. Who the fuck knew!

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Gar, you're a total dick, but you're a funny fucking guy.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
        Roth Army Caesar
        • Mar 2003

What can I say...I see flapping tits...and it's over...
        "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• GAR
          Banned
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
          Yes Dave had the crowd going, and it was as spectacle, but I still didn't go to school next day and go on and on about how great Dave was, as if it was the only thing that mattered.
          Funny, you mention the very same "next-day-at-school" reaction about half the kids returning from US Festival had upon seeing VH live for the very first time.

Comment

• Brett
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Well actually I think the '84 show I saw at the Forum was on a weekend, no school the next day.

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

Gar, you're a total dick, but you're a funny fucking guy.
              You're funny too in a different way if you have pics of Hagar shaking maracas on your hard drive.

NO! Don't go running an "undelete" program to try to find 'em for an attached post: I see healing here with you my man.

Welcom to the light! Now go close your site and we'll make you a mod.. till you fuck it up for yourself...

Comment

• Brett
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                What can I say...I see flapping tits...and it's over...
                Better than a flapping cock I suppose.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                  Roth Army Caesar
                  • Mar 2003

We dumped Spanish Gay Guy as a mod a long time ago...
                  "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                    Roth Army Caesar
                    • Mar 2003

He may have found that post thrilling and wonderful...

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                      Roth Army Caesar
                      • Mar 2003

Damn Amanda Beard is hot...

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
                        He may have found that post thrilling and wonderful...
                        Ever preach words of wisdom to the homeless? They don't listen unless you feed them first.

Not that I have any AuthoriTEHâ„¢ in the matter but you gotta throw him some kinda incentive to shutter his place with boards and For Sale sign the URL: and I tell you, I see healing here occuring Pojo - so lets not pick his scabs and feed them to him just yet.

He's a closet Rothian. Most EVH sheep are, anyways.. admittedly or not

Comment

• Tyrone Biggums
                          I suck MY OWN COCK
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Dec 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                          Ever preach words of wisdom to the homeless? They don't listen unless you feed them first.

Not that I have any AuthoriTEHâ„¢ in the matter but you gotta throw him some kinda incentive to shutter his place with boards and For Sale sign the URL: and I tell you, I see healing here occuring Pojo - so lets not pick his scabs and feed them to him just yet.

He's a closet Rothian. Most EVH sheep are, anyways.. admittedly or not
                          I'M RICK JAMES, BITCH! ONE OF THE BADDEST MOTHERFUCKERS OF ALL TIME! ONE OF THE BEST SINGERS! ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING MOTHERFUCKERS OF ALL TIME!

ENJOY YOURSELF, BITCH!
                          Panda's fuck my ass daily--I AM DIAMOND DEN--DENNY--THE CLASSES MASTAH!

Comment

• David Lee Roth

That was really dumb.

Oh and at 31, you knew even less than me about VH in the seventies little boy.
                            Fuck off homo. We do not want any sycophant here!

Comment

• academic punk
                              Full Member Status

• Dec 2004

ugh. This is ridiculous.

I absolutely agree Eddie and Alex would never have found such major mainstream success (and the accompanying longevity) without Roth. But it was an absolutely SYMBIOTIC relationship: Dave found a muse within Eddie's virtuosity.

What Dave did with his hands and feet, Eddie expressed with his hands. It made for an absolutely unique one-two punch.

Yes, Dave was the absolute focal point on the 1984 tour. Ever think maybe that had something with him being gone by the next tour? Dave thought he had reached a point where he was bigger than the band, and Eddie I think was just happy to be able start getting his shitty synthesizer pop tunes released to the public.

As Dave himself said in his book, "is it Mick or Keith? I don't know." with CVH, it was a 97-97 deal.

Eddie was ABSOLUTELY EQUAL to Dave as a focal point in CVH. remember "Eruption"? remember Ed winning best guitarist polls for a million years in a row? remember Ed being considered by lots of girls in my high school to be the cute one in the band?

Now without Dave, VH would've been another Journey or Loverboy (or, at best, an exceptional Def Leppard): a pop band with a hot guitarist and a shitty, embarrassing singer, with a bunch of songs that just age BEYOND THE PALE badly.

Brett has expessed he is primarily an EDDIE fan: well, that's cool. Whatever we all think of Ed as a person, hey, apparently Roth thought high enough of Ed's musicianship to be in a band with him.

and, let's face it, if the band were to reconvene tomorrow, we'd all wet our pants and have a huge group high five.

Brett included.

Comment

• Brett
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Of course.

Comment

Working...