X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • General Hina
    Sniper
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    I was kinda hoping we could spar off with each other in some pretty interesting debates.

Name a topic. You start the debate and I'll be glad to participate. Also, since this thread has turned into something different than when it started I will continue posting the Dave Vs. Sammy reviews in a new thread.

Let's debate.

Over and Out,
    General Hina

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

hey man, if posting reviews about critics raving Sammy Hagar's performance on the sam and dave tour is what you're into than more power to ya. Im just letting you know right now, fair and square, that no one is going to read them and believe them, so what's the point? All your doing is showing no creativity whatsoever. Seriously. How hard do you find it to copy and paste? Where's the brains behind this? Everyone knows that all you are doing is searching for the good reviews only. Try typing in "bad reviews, sammy hagar" and you'll find that the only pages that pop up, are bad reviews...for sammy hagar. See where I'm going? Why not just debate. Back and forth. Point for point, it's simply the God Damn truth to be spoken. You and I. Dave vs Sam. I will debate point after point on why is the better Vocalist. Dresser. Charasmatic entertainer. And all around cooler mother fucker next to Sam Hagar on any given day of the week. Ask yourself, if your prepared for that? Make sure you willing and able to taste the defeat, when you know you've been defeated. No sour grapes. To me, that is a man to man debate. Nothing fancy. Not what some joe bloe from Kentucky wrote about in a backlot newsletter. This sonny-boy, is where Id shine.
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by Coyote
        Since we got to the "Sammy's lyrics suck"-dept. a couple of pages ago... A lil' science in the field of lyrics:

Suckers walk, money talks!
        But it can't touch my three lock box!
        Uh! Oh, yeah!
        Mysteries of the days of old.
        You find the key, you got the gold.
        One, two, three lock box.
        Treasure's here, sunken there.
        Buried treasure's everywhere.
        Don't go far, circle close.
        The father, son, the holy ghost.
        To the trinity, I raise a toast!
        Ahh, yea!
        -solo-
        Secrets of the trinity lie within the number three.
        Uh! Hey!
        (Three Lock Box)
        (Three Lock Box)
        (Three Lock Box)
        [Repeat To Fade]

Reminds me of elementary school making up little songs like
        Going down the highway, going 94 , LSD cut one it blew us out the door , the wheels couldn't take it , the engine fell apart , all because of LSD's supersonic fart.

thefive

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
          ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

So this fucker is trying to prove his point that Spam is king by using reviews from critics?! The same critics that said Ed was the 71st ranked guitarist of all time?! And you agree with that? A critic said it, it MUST be right. Now that I think about it that ranking may be accurate.........At the top with Roth, and non existant with Spammy, so it evened out.

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

yup. Id like to go at it man to man. word for word. but he likes the "copy and paste" game. Simple truth is, Sammy wishes he had dedicated fans like us. He will never live up to Roth in any way or fashion. Sam fans know it. Sam himself knows it. It drives them crazy. Us Roth fans will always have that. You can never take that away from us. They can have Sam heading up Van Hagar for a years tour. We will take our Life Time Roth-isms anyday.
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

yup. Id like to go at it man to man. word for word. but he likes the "copy and paste" game. Simple truth is, Sammy wishes he had dedicated fans like us. He will never live up to Roth in any way or fashion. Sam fans know it. Sam himself knows it. It drives them crazy. Us Roth fans will always have that. You can never take that away from us. They can have Sam heading up Van Hagar for a years tour. We will take our Life Time Roth-isms anyday.
              "Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm continually astonished by the choices other people make". -DLR
              :p

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by rustoffa
                "Music is like girlfriends to me; I'm continually astonished by the choices other people make". -DLR
                :p
                Thats a great quote man.

thefive

Comment

• General Hina
                  Sniper
                  • Feb 2004

I've asked for a topic and you ramble on.
                  What is the topic?
                  How about this, Sammy doesn't really like singing Dave songs. BUT Dave certainly didn't mind singing the Montrose songs that Sammy wrote and sang when VH were playing the Pasadena High School Prom and clubs in L.A.

Chew on that hick,
                  General Hina

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

fine. point one. my turn.

Sammy didn't mind admitting to listening to classic van halen and even admitted to likening Dave's frontman approach. Of course that was a quote waaay before 85. Since 85, "oh Dave is this and Dave is that"...right Sam. Plus Sam didn't mind singing classic Van halen songs while he was in the group. And Im not talking about 85 or even 86. Im talking 95. Panama. Jump. Hot for Teacher. Aint Talkin 'bout Love.

Point BT. (possibly 2 there)
                    Last edited by Big Troubles; 04-15-2004, 09:46 PM.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

and Im not a hick, regardless of what you think of canada or Ontario for that matter....

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

besides, this is northern pike counrty. Can't beat Northern Ontario Pike fishing! Can't wait til June..

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

ahhh....I can almost smell them frying in the pan.

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by General Hina
                            How about this, Sammy doesn't really liked singing Dave songs. BUT Dave certainly didn't mind singing the Montrose songs that Sammy wrote and sang when VH were playing the Pasadena High School Prom and clubs in L.A.

Chew on that hick,
                            General Hina
                            Who ever said that Dave liked to sing that song???? Maybe Al or Ed liked that song so they asked Dave to sing it. Who cares about this topic??????

General Hina your boy Sammy Bashed Dave so much in the press for like 18 years. It took 2 years after the breakup in 85 for Dave to set the record straight. (1987 August Edition of Playboy). This bashing is common knowledge in the entertainment world. Ask any writer about Sammy's bashing compared to Dave's bashing and they will tell you that Sammy just goes on and on and on.

I respect Dave for being a gentlemen but sometimes I get annoyed that he doesnt go off on Sammy more. He should have at Howard's Stern's premiere and alot of other interviews. Dave stays quiet sometimes way too much. After the 96 fiasco Dave did not say hardly anything. I don't think he said anything. And people were saying that he is just putting it in his book. Well everybody got off easy like Dave said in interviews after the book was out.

For a huge Dave fan that is hard to take.
                            Look at the moment Dave is so quiet about this ridiculous Van Hagar Tour.
                            Last edited by thefive; 04-15-2004, 10:01 PM.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

well five, let's see if Hina can keep it civil here and actualy come up with some valid points as to why hagar is the all around better singer/entertainer. We know he's wrong. We know Roth rules. But lets give the Sperminator his due. Fair due. Im curious as to where he really thinks Sam is better. I agree though, maybe Al and Eddie told Dave, "hey, these are the songs were doing this week or at this school or backyard party". Didn't mean Dave liked them. But Sammy raved about classic VH before he joined them. He's always had something shitty to say about Dave in the press, but always admitted that Dave was the essential frontman to what other singers measure up to.

Comment

• rustoffa
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

You gotta love those feeble Dave barbs sam threw around though....like shootin' at King Kong with a bb gun.

Comment

Working...