Has Spammy's Van Hagar actually sold out any shows yet ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Panamark
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
    They have sold out several shows. They are number 1 in concert sales. Beacause of this they are actually adding shows. This is no bullshit like you might hear from other members.

I speaketh the truth......asshole.
    So you come out swinging newbie ?
    Ok you little insignificant piece of Spammy Foreskin Smega,
    Tell me which shows have sold out ?? (Apart from Vegas)
    Dickhead.
    BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
    Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Brenty Brents !

I have been informed (Hopefully reliably) that the VHIII tour had
      trouble selling out 5000 seat venues in Australia. I knew it was bad,
      didnt realize it was that bad...
      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
        Brenty Brents !

I have been informed (Hopefully reliably) that the VHIII tour had
        trouble selling out 5000 seat venues in Australia. I knew it was bad,
        didnt realize it was that bad...
        couldnt sell out 2000 (!!!) seat venues in germany and cancelled the whole fucking tour (also for the netherlands)
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Yeah but VH was never very big in those countries, they never toured there at all after Dave left. And rarely did at the end with DLR, except the MOR in 1984, and even then, at their height, they didn't headline. AC/DC did, and AC/DC had certainly lost their luster in the US by 1984. They couldn't touch VH here then, but still they were bigger in Europe. Just a different musical climate man.

Marky Mark, and where did you get this information, I'd like to read it.

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

LMAO ! Thats bad......

One of these days Al is going to go, "Um Ed, you know how I hate Dave ?" Ed "Yeah" "Well I just figured out we will sellout all our shows if we get him back, and make lots of money" Ed "Really ??" "Shit where's Dave's number again "

Its like DUH, HELLOOOOOOO

Do you get it yet, fellas ????
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• GAR
              Banned
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
              .. and AC/DC had certainly lost their luster in the US by 1984.
              Maybe for YOU, but in '84 ACDC were at their peak of radio play, concerts, just came out with "For Those About to Rock\' if I'm not mistaken.. you know some fans didn't stop liking ACDC after "Back In Black" came out with a different singer

Comment

• Brett
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                Maybe for YOU, but in '84 ACDC were at their peak of radio play, concerts, just came out with "For Those About to Rock\' if I'm not mistaken.. you know some fans didn't stop liking ACDC after "Back In Black" came out with a different singer
                "For Those About To Rock" came out in 1981, not 1984, so you're VERY mistaken. "Flick of the Switch" was 1983, and it did not sell well at all stateside. "Jailbreak" was released in 1984, but you can't really call that a new album. AC/DC was not even close to their peak of radio play in 1984, that's when they started to go south if anything, after the release of "Flick." "Fly On The Wall" in 1985 also sold very poorly.

I didn't say they weren't popular, I said they lost their luster. Everything is not an argument.
                Last edited by Brett; 04-26-2004, 10:02 AM.

Comment

• bru87tr
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

sold out, i think not! most of the spammy fans have waited to long and have forgot and prob have heard nothing about it. im not talking die hards but the general public , casual buyer/fan. those are the prople that make you famous. the numbers. they have long fogot about spammy.

do you remember the MTV music awards when eddie alex mke and dave came out on stage ? do you remember anything of the sort happening to Van Hagar ? no! people want DLR mike eddie and alex. they would sell out every show the first day. trust me!

spammy fans are such dreamers. here we go VH III....lol
                  "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Dave's Dradle
                    Roadie
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
                    LMAO ! Thats bad......

One of these days Al is going to go, "Um Ed, you know how I hate Dave ?" Ed "Yeah" "Well I just figured out we will sellout all our shows if we get him back, and make lots of money" Ed "Really ??" "Shit where's Dave's number again "

Its like DUH, HELLOOOOOOO

Do you get it yet, fellas ????
                    They are making plenty of money on this tour. They are getting a 1 million dollar guarantee per show according to Billboard. Times ninety shows that's 90 million before they sell one fucking shirt. The guarantee is the reason the ticket prices are so high. The venue and the sales agent set the prices and a large part of setting the price is the band's guarantee. As long as they complete the tour these guys are making huge bucks, they don't need to call Dave unfortunately to rake in the dollars.

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Dave's Dradle
                      They are making plenty of money on this tour. They are getting a 1 million dollar guarantee per show according to Billboard. Times ninety shows that's 90 million before they sell one fucking shirt. The guarantee is the reason the ticket prices are so high. The venue and the sales agent set the prices and a large part of setting the price is the band's guarantee. As long as they complete the tour these guys are making huge bucks, they don't need to call Dave unfortunately to rake in the dollars.
                      A million per show guaranteed. Holy Shit ! That means they would need around 12,000 per show just for the promoters to pay the band. There must be some very anxious management types at the moment. Especially with only one show sold out. Good move by the Van Heinekins though, they know even without their entire fanbase showing up, they are still set.
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Brett
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

A second show was added for Staples Center. Oh that's in LA Marky Mark, in case you were unaware. I guess that means the sales are going bad though right? I mean it makes total sense for promoters to pay out for another whole show at one of the biggest arenas in the US for a band that is selling no tickets. Right?

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                          Marky Mark, and where did you get this information, I'd like to read it.
                          Brenty Brents, I wouldnt start comparing Van Halen concert sales with the mighty AC/DC. There is so much daylight between the two, even you dont want to go there. (Unless of course you believe the entire world resides within the USA)

Info on Oz tour was word of mouth, from another Aussie who actually went to some of the shows. Some of the venues like AIS in canberra
                          (maybe a 6000 seater ?) were not filled. Some of the bigger venues (Like Brisbane entertainment centre and Melbourne Tennis centre) fared better. But were still not capacity. In fact this guy reckons they put some of the bigger venues into a reduced capacity type of setup.
                          Places that would hold 25,000 sectioned off to hold 10,000. That kind of thing. This guy tells me that Deep Purple had better crowds. In
                          fairness, apparently those that did turn up were enthusiastic.
                          Even the Sydney gig (our biggest city) filmed for MTV was not capacity.
                          I think it was setup for 10,000 ?

Interestingly enough, I believe Dave's Skyscraper tour soldout the same venue in Melbourne (our second biggest city) twice, that Van Halen could only 3/4 fill once.

Now this is purely word of mouth, I have not seen printed crowd numbers or stats. Just talked to a guy who wasnt down the front (and therefore didnt get an unrealistic perception that the place was packed)

Im sure there are people like Grant (VHND) and goo that could fill you in a bit better as they probably went. The bigger cities were not failures, but were nowhere near soldout status. How does one measure success ? A mega band like Van Halen who has never toured Oz 3/4 fills venues ? Is that success ?

Bottom line is, I have no doubt at all, that if the original show came to Oz we would pack it to the rafters. Personally I know many many people that are Van Halen fans who purposely shunned the Gay Cherone tour because of the 96 treatment of Dave.
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Wow, mention AC/DC and that is sure to get an Aussie's panties up in a bunch! Can't dare and disparage Aussie royalty....even though the Young brothers were really Scottish of course.

Anyway not once did I say VH was bigger internationally than AC/DC, in fact that was the whole point of my comment before, to show that that even in their prime in the US, they STILL had to open for AC/DC in Europe. Duh!

That was my reaction to someone who said VH cancelled dates on the VH 3 tour and could barely fill 2,000 seaters. And I said that VH has never been very big outside of the US, even in their heyday. I don't see what's so surprising about it.

My point in mentioning AC/DC was that in the US in 1984, Van Halen was the biggest heavy metal band in this country bar none. It was not a great time for AC/DC, their sales had dipped here a lot, the mid 80's were not kind to them here. Yet despite all of that success, VH still was just an opener for them at the MOR in 1984.

I was agreeing with you about AC/DC, my god dude, read!

And the '96 treatment of Dave? ROFL! Cry me a river.

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Yep, just like the Van Halens are really Dutch

As for panties, Im sure you are saving yours to throw at Spammy..
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Brett
                                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Nah just your sister's.

Comment

Working...