Has Spammy's Van Hagar actually sold out any shows yet ??

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rebel
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Feb 2004

Enjoyed reading this thread, funny shit.

I gotta say I think VH, whether it was fronted by Dave, Sam, or a dancing monkey wouldn't make just a huge splash in today's music world, to think it would is just being unrealistic. The only people who really care about any of it are the hard-core fans, like the ones who surf these sites and argue over it. All the members of VH have seen their best days come and go.
    The BLASTFurnace turned me into a bitch

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

But it won't the way it used to be BT, it's 20 fucking years later, that's just it. They're not the same people anymore, it's not the same dynamic anymore. They're not a hungry band trying to take over the world anymore, they're 50-year old men who have all seen better days. I think we'd all be disappointed, because it just wouldn't be the same, I don't care what anyone says. I feel lucky I got to see them once, I wouldn't want that image tarnished frankly.

Comment

• Panamark
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jan 2004

Yeah, which makes it all the more painful watching Hagar tarnish that same cherished memory.
        BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
        Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Brett
          Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Why? Is he pretending to be Dave? Fuck if anything, he wants to ignore the Dave years completely.

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

For those of us who want to remember Van Halen at its best, I can guarantee you that watching Hagar is tarnishing the memory, big time !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Brett
              Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Dude but no one is forcing anyone to watch anything. Hell you just said earlier that nobody in Australia even cares, so hey, there's nothing to tarnish your memory is there?

Comment

• Panamark
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

Thank God !

Just seeing photos of Spammy is annoying enough.

Yes you are right about Australia, I still havent heard Jack Shit about this in our media. Once again, Im proud of our Media
                Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Panamark
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jan 2004

VAN HAGAR HAS ONLY SOLD OUT ONE SHOW AFTER WEEKS OF AVAILABALE TICKETS !!
                  Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Brett
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Right and we know that massive Australian entertainment media conglomerate is the hub of the entire universe.

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Well you relied on a very small part of that same media for all your "inside information" Brenty Brents..
                      As far as Van Halen news goes, I thought we were the news
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

I wanna see the 50-year old men want to crush the world again - except they got a 60-year old tagging along unwittingly.

Lesson be learned: Don't drag Grannie along when robbing the bank's what you intended to do in the first place.

Comment

• Panamark
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

So did you take my advice and not sign up to any long term large bandwidth plans ? Im guessing that 1-2 week original excitement phase should be dying off pretty soon

but what would I know about your sites bandwidth
                          Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Hey give Andrew some credit, he was right in the end. I didn't take his remarks to be anything more than what they were.

Marky Mark, never guess, you don't seem to be too good at it.

Comment

• Panamark
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

yeah, but you were trying to tell me the insignifigance of the Australian media ?

No guessing involved, watching stats with interest

When I said that to you I was being honest in my advice. I dont think there will be long term excitement with the Hagar thing. Hell, they cant
                              even sell out more than one show. Im sure you would have noticed a
                              huge increase when the news came out, both Sam and Roth fans were naturally interested (for different reasons). But its not the real deal, and once people start to realize this, the interest will wane. Just
                              wondering if its not already at that point ? Are you still getting 1000
                              posts a day or is back around the normal levels prior to this news.

Not dissin you or anything, Im guessing the excitement for this will be short and sharp. Realization will set in.

This is not the Reunion.
                              Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Brett
                                But it won't the way it used to be BT, it's 20 fucking years later, that's just it. They're not the same people anymore, it's not the same dynamic anymore. They're not a hungry band trying to take over the world anymore, they're 50-year old men who have all seen better days. I think we'd all be disappointed, because it just wouldn't be the same, I don't care what anyone says. I feel lucky I got to see them once, I wouldn't want that image tarnished frankly.
                                No it wouldn't be the same. I dont think Van Hagar is the same as they were 10 years ago. The whole point is that they are aged and different. Are you telling me that 50 yr old men can't have the same drive musicaly? Grateful Dead, The Who, Rolling Stones anyone???
                                The original Van Halen line up could do one world wide tour and kick some serious r n r ass and rake in some serious doe. WHO CARES if they can't rock the way they used to. People will go just to see them together on the same stage doing the old "Dave puts his arm around Eddie shtick, while he tells the crowd they are fucking hot tooooniiiighhhttt! Owwwww..." You telling me you wouldn't go see that? You're nuts. They wont bring in any new fans. (well maybe, but thats debatable) But they will draw the same as they used to. Don't forget, the old albums are STILL outselling anything Hagar has done with them.
                                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

Working...