• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madraoul
    Foot Soldier
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by krcampbell
    I am not blasting "Love Walks In."

It's "Dreams." Couldn't you see that from my last reply?

I didn't say I dislike Dave...I first heard Van Halen with Dave. I first heard 1984, which is actually one of the first albums I ever heard. And I also feel that Dave's songs are better. I love Unchained, So This is Love....they're all great. But I'm just saying that RIGHT NOW, there is no reason to be bitter about the Van Halen reunion, or "Van Hagar" reunion, as you all say.

Dave is NOT a good singer, and if you go to concerts to hear music (as I and most fans do), Dave will disappoint. He doesn't know the words to some songs (which was also true in 1982), and he looks miserable. There's nothing wrong with Sammy having a few extra pounds, as most of us aren't exactly in great shape. You can just relate to Sammy...he's a cool guy. I've met Sammy, and he's just a nice, down to earth guy. I can't say Dave is or isn't those things, as I haven't met him.

I go to see Sammy to have fun, and I do. Is "Runaround" as good as "Little Guitars"? I don't think so...but I think that Runaround is good, and just because it isn't Dave doesn't mean you don't have to like it. I dunno...that's how I feel. I respect your opinions on David Lee Roth, as I have felt the same in the past. It's just that in this point in time, the original Van Halen lineup just couldn't cut it. Dave is a shell of a man.
    You just don't get it. Enough with the picture already.

Comment

• Lou

I'd like to know what the FUCK is it about Chicago and Boston that all the Van Hagar fans seemingly hail from those areas?

Comment

• thefive

Dave is NOT a good singer, and if you go to concerts to hear music (as I and most fans do), Dave will disappoint. He doesn't know the words to some songs (which was also true in 1982), and he looks miserable.
        I
        Go read his book on missing the words part. Every singer misses words

During the Skyscraper time Dave said on an MTV show he was hosting that he doesn't consider himself a good singer. He said he never said he was a good singer.

What is a good singer any way????? It is just an opinion.

Dave has a very likeable voice. But this is my opinion.

I hate Sammy's voice. I never liked Sammy's voice even before he hooked up with VH.

Sams voice is just annoying to me.

thefive

Comment

• Lou

Yeah hey kretard, Dave intentionally "forgot the fucking words" to Romeo Delight in every concert in '82. Of course you wouldn't know that though, being a die-hard Sam fan.

Comment

• madraoul
            Foot Soldier
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Lou
            I'd like to know what the FUCK is it about Chicago and Boston that all the Van Hagar fans seemingly hail from those areas?
            Their sports teams suck, so all things in life must suck.

Comment

• madraoul
              Foot Soldier
              • Feb 2004

Word!

Comment

• madraoul
                Foot Soldier
                • Feb 2004

If you missed it, here is krcampbell

Comment

• krcampbell
                  Groupie
                  • Apr 2004

Did Dave also forget the words to Little Dreamer and So This is Love in '82? Because he certainly did when I saw him in 2002. I'm not saying he has an unpleasant voice, I'm just saying that when live, he doesn't give is all. And that kinda tells me he doesn't care about the fans. I could be wrong, but in all I've heard from Dave, it really seems like he doesn't care about anyone but Diamond Dave.

I feel he is entertaining, but it has kinda digressed from a "Holy shit, Dave is fucking crazy" to "geez, I can't believe that THIS is David Lee Roth." I think he's a very smart man, and I enjoy listening to him speak. I once saw a clip of an interview on MTV where he compared himself to "Genghis Khan, Muhammad Ali, and the guy who invented those McDonald's hamburgers." That's just gold.

My main point is there is no problem with Van Hagar...I don't think their is, but I enjoy a very wide range of music. I can grant you that Van Halen and Van Hagar are very different, and I enjoy Van Halen MUSIC more, but I also think Hagar is very good, and they had quality songs. He also puts more into his live performances. Dave just danced around and wore himself down, so that by the middle of the show, Dave was done. And I think that's what I like....Sammy connects with fans, and has fun with them during shows. And all you'll get out of Dave is "hey man, I'm gonna fuck your girlfriend!" And it's the same today as it was 20 years ago, and I think it's sad that David Lee Roth hasn't been able to progress and mature.

Comment

• hot for david
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by madraoul
                    Thanks for showing up raver and please stop submitting photos. Van Hagar is real, real shitty. Get over the magical sheen of your glowsticks and join this dimension. DAVID LEE ROTH IS VAN HALEN.
                    totally agree he's an asshole fuck you man n' shut up
                    "life can be good with the right people"- andi deris

Woman Of Dark Desires
                    http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...9b5fac7ede.jpg

Comment

• madraoul
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Feb 2004

I'm not saying he has an unpleasant voice
                      How gay is this comment? Here's the author.

Comment

• madraoul
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Feb 2004

Who is David Lee Roth?

Comment

• Sarge's Little Helper
                          Commando
                          • Mar 2003

Who is David Lee Roth?
                          Diamond Dave is the supreme Toastmaster General of the immoral majority.. the King of Any and All Things Rock n\' Roll. Bar none he is the greatest Frontman in Rock n Roll History!
                          "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• madraoul
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Feb 2004

Learn it, know it, live it raver.

Comment

• krcampbell
                              Groupie
                              • Apr 2004

I'd rather have a good performer than a self-absorbed has been who lives vicariously through the past granted to him by Eddie Van Halen.

Comment

• hot for david
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
                                Diamond Dave is the supreme Toastmaster General of the immoral majority.. the King of Any and All Things Rock n\' Roll. Bar none he is the greatest Frontman in Rock n Roll History!

AGREED
                                "life can be good with the right people"- andi deris

Woman Of Dark Desires
                                http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w...9b5fac7ede.jpg

Comment

Working...