How many of you think Dave will eventually rejoin Van Halen?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TMR

Originally posted by cwsmith17
    Sadly, I feel that this will never be. One of the reasons is that I feel his voice just isn't the same. If you listen to his music, post EEAS and Skyscraper you can tell his singing changed. He no longer screamed or yelled like he used to. What do the rest of you think? Try to put some thought into it.
    One loser post after another, Do you honestyly believe that VH won't make it to the Rock N Roll Hall of Fame???

When they do, no matter what, ROTH will be there! And I know that for sure!

Comment

• Brett
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Who cares if VH gets into that politically-correct ridiculous lame ass rock and roll and hall of fame? If that's what it's going to take for Dave and VH to play together, then it definitely wasn't meant to be.

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Brett
        Who cares if VH gets into that politically-correct ridiculous lame ass rock and roll and hall of fame? If that's what it's going to take for Dave and VH to play together, then it definitely wasn't meant to be.
        simply put, if they are all indeed inducted (obducted for Sammy ) then this will mark another mile stone. In 96 even Ed couldn't get over the standing ovation. Maybe once they are together again, they will see it's meant to be...again. Either way, I will take the original 4 any way I can!
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• bru87tr
          Commando
          • Apr 2004

it will happen. whether it be the HOF or a one off to feel that glory again which ed knows will never be felt with sammy , it will happen!

ed craves the attention no matter what some might think. if he didnt he wouldnt make a big fuss about dave. he will want to feel that again and the reunion will happen in some shape or form.

if dave didnt piss ed off this all would not be talked about and they would be ruling the world. ed wanted it but dave pissed him off.
          "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Wayne L.

I don't think there will be another VH/DLR reunion like the debacle back in 96 because the personal & professional animosity between Eddie & Dave is too strong even though there could be a possible one night live performance in the near future of the original Van Halen!!!

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

I think they would've split anyways, whether Dave pissed Ed off or not. Dave wanted a new direction, and Im sure as hell Ed and the boys weren't going to follow that route. (Cali girls/gigalo, Vegas stint/all cover cd) But you are right, sooner or later Ed will cave in to the one big demand. Whether its for money or not. The fans are crying for a Dave reunion. Somebody will offer a ton of cash for them to reunite.
              "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

and btw, for the spammy fans out there. If you have winmx, type in Van Halen, and see what comes up. 90% is Dave tunes. What does that tell you?

Comment

• bru87tr
                  Commando
                  • Apr 2004

word bro!

the more people cry for dave though the more ed doesnt want it, I think.

ya know ? the more you try and feed a kid brocoli the more the kid is not gonna want it or will hate it even more.

still i think the once great band will come together. ed knows dave would do it anytime so he will when he is ready. this sammy think is a joke and roth army should not have acknowledged it as a reunion cause this is no reunion. to call it a reunion is a joke. both partys have nothing going on so they have reformed. nobody cares. if it were dave each show would sell out overnight and they woul be playing multiple shows in most cities!

wake up ed! dont you think you have tarnished the VH name enough. VHIII you didnt learn your lesson ?

Comment

• Cathedral
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

FUCK Edward Van Halen and his Band of Mis-Shits...................

Roth doesn't need their bullshit anymore than we need a new Van Hagar album.
                    The fact that they dissed Dave and brought back that cheese eating fool after all this time is a total slap in Dave's face. not to mention the loyal fans that supported their rise to fame in the beginning.

Spammy rode on Daves coat-tails in the 80's and he's trying to ride them again now.
                    I'm sure Dave would do it in a heartbeat though because the man has enough class to want to re-fire the stove for one last go at it.

If you listen to Daves interviews he isn't about going back and doing what they used to do, he simply wants a Tour with the assholes to gain closure on a bad situation.
                    If you know Dave then you know the persuit of a Van Halen Reunion is about nothing more than that.......Closure.

Dave doesn't have the pipes anymore?
                    What fucking rock have you been under the last few years?
                    The man is still on top of his game much more so than Edward is.
                    No, he doesn't sound like he did 20 years ago but he is still the difference between Van Halen being MIGHTY as they used to be and MEDIOCRE as they have been since Dave's departure.

I no longer want a Reunion because the borthers don't respect what Dave's role was in their legacy, a legacy that they have taking down the wrong path on a consistant basis since 1985.

I'd rather see Dave do nothing than give those fuckers a shot at making a killing off of his charisma again. he doesn't need those assholes, what he needs is Vai, Sheehan and Bissonette.....

Comment

• bru87tr
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2004

I believe the EEAS band could make some cool music again!

without a doubt!

Comment

• High Life Man
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
                        I believe the EEAS band could make some cool music again!

Honestly, I think we'd be the only ones who'd care.

Comment

• Calderone
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2004

Dave voice sounds very much the same as 1994 !
                          his voice changed around 91 !
                          and his screams are comin back

Comment

• EAST COAST

they would have to make radio friendly songs to get a record deal, eeas band is really a blip on the radar screen. DAVE needs a hit. are they putting a dave tune on the greatest hits part two?

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
                              Veteran
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
                              Sadly, I feel that this will never be. One of the reasons is that I feel his voice just isn't the same. If you listen to his music, post EEAS and Skyscraper you can tell his singing changed. He no longer screamed or yelled like he used to. What do the rest of you think? Try to put some thought into it.
                              You obviously haven't heard DLR on his latest tour. There's two MP3 concerts available for download in the downloads section of this site. I would advise you listen carefully. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but, his 1984 screams appear to be back. I couldn't believe it either, but upon repeat, it appears to be true.

Roth proves one more time that he is Immortal.
                              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
                              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
                              http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• moose
                                Veteran
                                • Mar 2004

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bru87tr
                                [B]word bro!

ya know ? the more you try and feed a kid brocoli the more the kid is not gonna want it or will hate it even more.

Sure would you want any broccoli that has spam cheese all over it??
                                Fuck no!

Comment

Working...