• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
    Well, It's Ed for sure...

The first giveaway is the tone, despite what Plexi says...

My observation is that most of the posters on this board can't tell the difference between CC Deville and Jimmy Page...

Well, to be fair, JIMMY PAGE wasn't much better live, when he was shooting and having wobbly opium dreams...
    Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-17-2006, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
      I don't know Elvis at all, but before this thread I thought he was a little bitter, and perhaps suffering from a crippling life-long case of constipation.

But, after seeing the responses of some of the "experts" regarding Ed's tone, etc, I realize that he has just seen a great deal more fools than I in these threads and he has lost any patience.

Can't really blame him.
      I blame him for not letting others have an opinion that differs from his. Wrong or right, people have ideas....That's what this place is for.
      Give it time, you'll find out like so many others that he's to blame for everything.

Its not constipation he has, it's the verbal shitz.

His fav word is "Hmm"..... That's when you know he conjuring up his next post of BS.
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma
        You needed three posts to say all that?
        I had 4 more in line, waiting to go, but I thought Id take it easy on ol' swivel hips.
        "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

I have to say that I think it's ED. The production quality is a bit off for him with the echoic shit going on, so I can see why people would question this. But the tone at the pauses give it away for me...

If it ain't ED, it's one hell of an imitator...

And I really don't thing DF would make this up. If he posted it, he believes it.

And I'll add that it does sound like Ed on an "off-day," but 2004 was an entire off-year for him...

Listen to roughly the :51-:54 mark. That pause and harmonic inflection, it sounds like Ed to me, but the production is all weird for Van Halen. He could have been noodling when drunk in the studio, 'cause it does sound a little sluggish at times...
          Last edited by Nickdfresh; 03-17-2006, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• eddie007
            Roadie
            • Sep 2005

Eruption???????

I've been a member for a very short time but, it is now time to chime in.

THIS NOT EVEN A CHANCE OF EVH!!!

I have at least 10 Quality bootlegs of pre-hammer on Eruption Solos from the early, early club days.

I've been playing 25 years myself and can pull off note-for-note everything Eddie has done on record.

......frankly, THAT SOLO SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie would say the same.

It sounds like Yngwee and Nuno got together had a kid,bought him a electric guitar and a rockman.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Re: Eruption???????

Originally posted by eddie007
              I've been a member for a very short time but, it is now time to chime in.

THIS NOT EVEN A CHANCE OF EVH!!!

I have at least 10 Quality bootlegs of pre-hammer on Eruption Solos from the early, early club days.

I've been playing 25 years myself and can pull off note-for-note everything Eddie has done on record.

......frankly, THAT SOLO SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie would say the same.

It sounds like Yngwee and Nuno got together had a kid,bought him a electric guitar and a rockman.
              Oh wow...another guitar "expert" who knows everything...
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• eddie007
                Roadie
                • Sep 2005

Eruption??????????

Don't know everything....thats for sure.

I just know THATS NOT EVH -

HE WOULDN'T GIVE THAT CRAP OUT -

I have a tape from his studio of a an instrumental jam of him , Michael and Alex that he would give up before that junk.

.....if I could knew how to post it , I would.

I know Guitar - I suck at computers !!!!!!!

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

Re: Re: Eruption???????

Originally posted by bueno bob
                  Oh wow...another guitar "expert" who knows everything...
                  I dunno.... I tend to believe this guy over some of the nurses running around here chiming in on their "expertise".

Comment

• Big Troubles
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Feb 2004

and like he said it sucks... it really does. no matter how many times I play it, it fucking sounds horrible. so if that is indeed Edward Van Halen, that is really sad.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Big Troubles
                      and like he said it sucks... it really does. no matter how many times I play it, it fucking sounds horrible. so if that is indeed Edward Van Halen, that is really sad.
                      I don't think Ed needs to revolutionize guitar with every song, although he did do that on almost every album in the CVH era.

I think there is a cool vibe on this solo, especially the last 30 seconds.

Horrible is not the word I would use to describe this at all.
                      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Big Troubles
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Feb 2004

maybe a little harsh with words. Im comparing Ed's best with what I heard on the link. I dont think its Ed, but then again, I dont really care. I just know it didn't, and doesn't sound good to me. I dont hear a decisive pattern to his "noodling" and in fact it sounds like a struggle. Ive heard better, that's for sure.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

I liked the guitar work on two of those Sammy tunes they did for the Best of #2 better...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

I liked the guitar work on two of those Sammy tunes they did for the Best of #2 better...
                            Wow. Now that's harsh!
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ELVIS
                              Banned
                              • Dec 2003

You're one stupid fuck...

Go out into the canadian woods, get stoned, get paranoid and depressed as usual, and have a gun with you...

Well, I doubt you have a gun...

Go to Walmart, get a gun, and go back to step one...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                                ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                                I have to say that I think it's ED. The production quality is a bit off for him with the echoic shit going on, so I can see why people would question this. But the tone at the pauses give it away for me...

I remember my original copy (which is well hidden at the moment) being better quality sound.

It was a metal tape, and this one was a copy of that, then copied to another tape so my friend could learn to play it (looped)

I think the tone was a bit richer on original
                                sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

Working...