Banned
    • Dec 2003

Not even that good...

Comment

• Romeo Delight
      ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by ELVIS

Edward is slow and fluid as in the link this thread is about...
      I guess for some people, Ed can only play his signature techniques and anything else is crap.

I have heard some of Ed's solo from the 2004 debacle.

One night was nothing you have ever heard of, and wasn't too good.

Another was completely new and had some interesting shit.

How can the dude innovate if he listens to these guys?
      sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• ELVIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2003

Well, I recorded it back in 1985 just as you did in Seattle...

It wasn't Metal Shop, just regular KISW, and they said it was EDWARD VAN HALEN...

I had no doubt then, and I have no doubt now...

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

ive seen clips from the 2004 tour and everyone i seen was him looking and playing like shit. i remember the vid clip of him "playing" runnin' with the devil.

the clip that was posted here ISNT fluid or slow...It's shit. It sounds like he might be playing with his left hand for shits and giggles.

but like i said already, i love the guy and pray for his speedy recovery back to reality-
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

Well, I recorded it back in 1985 just as you did in Seattle...

It wasn't Metal Shop, just regular KISW, and they said it was EDWARD VAN HALEN...

I had no doubt then, and I have no doubt now...
            look i dont doubt that it is, im just saying "wow" kind of a let down i guess. you REALLY think that is a good solo????
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Feb 2004

What a fuckin' retard...

Dave never looked stupid like that...

I thought it was fuckin' funny looking. lmao

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by DavidFlamma

How can the dude innovate if he listens to these guys?

Musicians dont need to listen to "us" guys. If he's as good as we all believe he is, he wont need this thread, in this forum, at this website, lingering on the net to help him understand most of us dont want him to innovate, we would be tickled pink if he just made some sort of musical attempt!

Comment

• scottydabodi
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jun 2004

Trust me, it's Ed.

You might be right about when it was recorded.
                  Not Ed. I have studied Ed's style inside and out for almost 30 fuckin' years, and that ain't him. Sounds more like Carl Verheyven. The alternate picking passages are just not right... I smell a fuckin HOAX by the radio station...
                  Last edited by scottydabodi; 03-17-2006, 08:56 PM.
                  If you listen to fools
                  The Mob Rules

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                    ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by scottydabodi
                    Not Ed. I have studied Ed's style inside and out for almost 30 fuckin' years, and that ain't him. Sounds more like Carl Verheyven. The alternate picking passages are just not right... I smell a fuckin HOAX by the radio station...
                    No. They were successful because they were loyal to their listeners.

Not a chance of it being a hoax.

I find it hard NOT to hear Edward in the solo. Weird that others can't hear him.:confused:
                    sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Big Troubles
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Feb 2004

No. They were successful because they were loyal to their listeners.

Loyalty has nothing to do with the success of the first album?

If Ed needs the fans to tell him what kind of "style" or song to play, then he should take up tuba.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                        ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Big Troubles

If Ed needs the fans to tell him what kind of "style" or song to play, then he should take up tuba.
                        I was talking about the radio station and the assertion that the solo was a hoax.
                        sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

sorry. :confused:

Comment

• Romeo Delight
                            ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Big Troubles

Dupe
                            sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

well, now im not sorry.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

solve it with a poll. no not "pole" pElvis, settle down...

Comment

Working...