X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bru87tr
    Commando
    • Apr 2004

I would say Dave is set for life....

didnt he soend a million of his own money on that bbq video ? something like that. cant remember.

if thats true and he has money to blow on something like that.... ya id say he is set for life.
    "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Greenbuds
      Roadie
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
      I think Billy's overvaluating Dave's wealth a tad bit...

Now to be sure, he's not going to be hitting the welfare line anytime soon...

But I would not think that his wealth could be categorized as "set for life"...

Let's face it, Dave wasn't swimming in the cash in the past several years....

In fact, it's been 22 years since he net worth could be construed as "swimming in the cash"....

I'm just saying that I don't believe that Dave could stop working today and not have to do anything else for the rest of his life....

Here's what Terry Kilgore (YFLM and DLR Band) said about DLR's spending habits at the vintage amp forum. It sounds like he swimming in money to me:

you guys should have seen the money he pissed away on the stupidest crap iver ever seen .he got mad at kierin mccelland one day when i was there,i was immediatly asked to leave which i did with pleasure ive seen enough of his tantrums to know when to split.as i was pulling out in my mint cond bmw 635 ! i heard a crashing sound behind the car and small pieces of unknown origin peltin the car.turns out that the brand new 35 inch sony trinitron made its way out of the 2nd story of his flat! does not seem like a long drop but bare in mind the nature of his house twenty foot celings ya dig>? so this thing does a header in the driveway right behind my car trinnys way alot.

then a few hours later kieren was fired and dave proceeded to throw out of the office these items in the trash.1 manly preamp 2 5800 dollar sony broadcast mic two akg 414s an allen heath mix wizard, and many other less valuable items in the dumpster which no one was allowed to go near .so the garbage men scored big time? i mean that was ten grand worth of stuff i was told by his manager that he spent faithfully thousands of dollars a week on stuff that just was .....well stuff.......junk magazines guns strippers food resturants gotta say this if hes in a good mood he is the best guy in the world to go out to a strip bar or clothing expedition lol .heck he even let me drive the hot for teacher merc for a week but it really attracted way to much attention.its very wierd to know someone that can afford to be that way.its so unlike the other 99 percent of people out there / i do remember his greatest contempt was towards the industry the companys if they were givin dave a bad time he was always real easy to deal with on a personal level .if it looked like he was going to do well for a change hed get a bit scared and flogg everyone within reach.....brett tuggle once said to me terry if you make it thru this alive the rest of your life will be a down hill coast victory.....the jury is still out on that one..............tt

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

nice find...
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• EddieIsadouche
          Groupie
          • Jan 2006

throwing our stuff may mot mean you have money.. just a temper

Comment

• BigDaddyD
            Head Fluffer
            • Apr 2004

Infact, it would explain why he has no money if that is true

Comment

• DavidLeeBroth
              Roadie
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by bru87tr
              didnt he soend a million of his own money on that bbq video ? something like that. cant remember.
              How did he manage to spend a million $ on that video??? Doesn't look that expensive.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

dave always likes to spice up numbers a bit

but it was expencive...he brought tons of sand to the mojo dojo and a lot of other stuff...
                Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Greenbuds
                  Roadie
                  • Mar 2004

I don't know why so many people (mainly sheep) seem to think Roth would be hurting for money. If he was, he would have made sure one of those 100 million dollar reunions would have worked. His mansion alone is worth millions just for the historical value (basement where VH and all DLR Bands rehearesed). He could turn it into a museum if he wanted.

He also has never been married or divorced, no kids (that we know of) to support. marriage and kids will take your money quicker than anything. He probably made more money just the first two tours (VH-sized with solo pay) of his solo career then Sammy made with VH up till Balance. Even Sammy said he took a paycut to be in VH.

And once you get a ton of money, it's easy to make money and live off of interest alone. What makes people broke are divorces, kids, drug habits, gambling, bad investments etc. I don't see those with Roth. And a guy hurting for money doesn't go off an volunteer for an EMT job and turn down a 50 million payday with VH.

Michael Hutchence of INXS was worth 37 million when he killed himself. How many albums did he sell?

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Greenbuds
                    I don't know why so many people (mainly sheep) seem to think Roth would be hurting for money. If he was, he would have made sure one of those 100 million dollar reunions would have worked. His mansion alone is worth millions just for the historical value (basement where VH and all DLR Bands rehearesed). He could turn it into a museum if he wanted.

He also has never been married or divorced, no kids (that we know of) to support. marriage and kids will take your money quicker than anything. He probably made more money just the first two tours (VH-sized with solo pay) of his solo career then Sammy made with VH up till Balance. Even Sammy said he took a paycut to be in VH.

And once you get a ton of money, it's easy to make money and live off of interest alone. What makes people broke are divorces, kids, drug habits, gambling, bad investments etc. I don't see those with Roth. And a guy hurting for money doesn't go off an volunteer for an EMT job and turn down a 50 million payday with VH.

Michael Hutchence of INXS was worth 37 million when he killed himself. How many albums did he sell?
                    amen...
                    Roth Army Icon

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by EddieIsadouche
                      Your facts are dead wrong...
                      The above is not true in NYC, In NYC EMT's can do the following
                      administer epinephrine - carried on ambulance
                      do a "pulse ox"(blood oxygen levels) carried on ambulance
                      take blood sugar levels with a meter- carried on ambulance
                      give aspirin for heart attacks - carried on ambulance
                      administer albuteral - carried on ambulance
                      administer glutose for insulin shock carried on ambulance
                      administer WMD drugs such as 2-PAM - carried on ambulance
                      defibr patients - carried on ambulance
                      They carry a full set of WMD protective equipment like gas masks and protective clothing
                      I'm looking at that list as someone with no medical training and wondering which thing I couldn't do after an afternoons training?

Administering epinephrine or any other drug? Rocket surgery?(as Dave calls it)

I've frequently administered aspirin and given injections...

Blood ox involves putting a little thing on the patients finger and writing down the result? A lot of patients do it themselves these days and the result is sent down a modem. Similarly with blood sugar,

Defib machines have vocal instructions these days and I'm pretty sure I would be able to travel in a vehicle that carried WMD equipment.

Lucky Dave can't work an internet browser or he would be fucking raging at my post here...

I'm all for Dave working as an EMT and I admire the fact he did it for at least a short period of time but lets not get carried away here by Dave's typical hype.

Cheers!

Last edited by Seshmeister; 03-29-2006, 08:59 PM.

Comment

• rustoffa
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                        I'm looking at that list as someone with no medical training and wondering which thing I couldn't do after an afternoons training?

Administering epinephrine or any other drug? Rocket surgery?(as Dave calls it)

I've frequently administered aspirin and given injections...

Blood ox involves putting a little thing on the patients finger and writing down the result? A lot of patients do it themselves these days and the result is sent down a modem. Similarly with blood sugar,

Defib machines have vocal instructions these days and I'm pretty sure I would be able to travel in a vehicle that carried WMD equipment.

Lucky Dave can't work an internet browser or he would be fucking raging at my post here...

I'm all for Dave working as an EMT and I admire the fact he did it for at least a short period of time but lets not get carried away here by Dave's typical hype.
                        In all fairness, the list is basically a primer for legalities. It doesn't mention stuff like:

Hiding severed arm from patient while administering assurance and lots' of Ringers Lactate.

Rinsing cranial debris from footwear while singing "That's Life."

Administering comedic relief upon arrival @ a drug deal gone bad at a tenement in the Bowery:

"Look at all the bleeding people here tonight!"

I dunno.

Comment

• Dave's Dradle
                          Roadie
                          • Mar 2004

Guys, Dave made more money off of the EEAS and Skyscaper tours than he ever made touring with VH, maybe not in total, but he was no longer splitting everything four ways evenly.

He had two sold out world tours including huge festivals like Donnington as a solo act.

Dave is fine money wise, I don't really understand why so many people doubt he has any cash laying around. Just becaus Michael Anthony says he is hard up for cash does not make it true.

Comment

Working...