Majority of Roth fans will be at the Van Hagar concert!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moose
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by BigBadBrian
    No, that would be you SPAM-aholics. People who were turned on by the original VH with Dave, particularly if they've seen a live show, never turn to the version that is nothing more than a pop act.
    That is what I mean when I say "VAN HALENIZED"
    Last edited by moose; 05-05-2004, 08:15 PM.

Comment

• moose
      Veteran
      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
      That is simple as well. Dave can rejoin and whip their collective asses into shape. Its not just pipe dreaming here. I truly believe that Dave was the frontman and the foreman to that band. When he left, so did the soul. The backbone and reasoning. Let me put it to you this way. Van Halen is pizza. Dave is the dough. Dave leaves. Now we have to put all the toppings in a bowl, because there is no base for the remaining ingredients. Thats what Van Hagar is. Cheese, sause and pepporoni. Thats why if Dave did return, they would become whole again. And a well driven machine. Not to say time will reverse itself and its voila 1984 again. But at least we will get hard working rock n rollers. Not sell outs with love songs. If you cant see the difference, then you sir, are one of the Van hagar fans that will have a red carpet rolled out for them. They will love you. Brings lots of money!
      Fuck man, how can you add to this? Nuff said! the truth speaks volumes. BT brother you got your shit together. LOL

Comment

• cwsmith17
        Sniper
        • Apr 2004

I don't give a shit what any of you faggots think. You know that most of you are going. Deny it here to look tough, but hey I am the real deal and you are a bunch of quivering pussies.

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

No man. You're the pussy for going AND admitting it. And calling people around faggots for not going is something I did in grade 6. Move on man. Think of a word that doesn't come across as so politically incorrect. You sound 12. Seriously. You started this thread, and now you're having a tantrum because you've been put into you place. Reach down and check yourself for a penis dude. I think there is more things for you to worry about.
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• General Hina
            Sniper
            • Feb 2004

That is simple as well. Dave can rejoin and whip their collective asses into shape.
            Dave might be able to do this BUT and this is a big one...
            He would need to whip himself into shape first.
            I'm not talking physically I'm talking musically and vocally.
            No more cover tunes and "talk singing" I know Dave's vocal register has changed because of his age but he should still try to sing instead of "talk singing"

Also, forgeting the lyrics to your own songs is not cute or funny, it's pathetic and shows someone who could give two shits about what he's doing on stage. Everytime I've seen Dave he's screwed up the lyrics to his own songs. I've seen Springsteen as many times as DLR and he never forgets a lyric and this guy has written and performed way more songs than Dave.

Hina has left the post

Comment

• Bishop_ALEx=God
              Roth Army Recruit
              • May 2004

What is up y'all

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
                Dave might be able to do this BUT and this is a big one...
                He would need to whip himself into shape first.
                I'm not talking physically I'm talking musically and vocally.
                No more cover tunes and "talk singing" I know Dave's vocal register has changed because of his age but he should still try to sing instead of "talk singing"

Also, forgeting the lyrics to your own songs is not cute or funny, it's pathetic and shows someone who could give two shits about what he's doing on stage. Everytime I've seen Dave he's screwed up the lyrics to his own songs. I've seen Springsteen as many times as DLR and he never forgets a lyric and this guy has written and performed way more songs than Dave.

Hina has left the post
                If classic Van Halen fans dont care about Dave "talk singing" or forgetting his lines, then why should he "get into shape"? Dave sold himself that way. It worked wonderfully. If Dave got into singing shape as you say, then he would just end up sounding like Springsteen. So why bother seeing Dave? Just go see Bruce.
                Dave hasn't changed a single thing, other than hair and clothes. The rest of Van Halen has changed their entire way of playing and enjoying rock n roll. So tell me why again, Dave would have to change anything? If anything, I think the bros. and Mike would have to change.
                If Dave reunites with VH next year, and Dave sounds like Bruce Springsteen, then that would be the end of my love for Dave. That would mean everything Dave has said and done, he did as a shtick instead of a way of life. I like his way of life now, thanks.
                "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Bishop_ALEx=God
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • May 2004

I think their music has matured over the years

Comment

• Bob_R
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Move on man.
                    Love reading your posts BT but "move on man" is the last thing Dave only fans should saying.
                    Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• squib
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2004

Classic Van Halen was greater than the sum of its parts...without Dave - no Van Halen. But you want to go see Ed, Al & Mike so you can think about Dave???

When Michael Jordan left the Bulls did you still fell a need to see the rest of the team play?

When Seifeld left Thursday nights did you still watch NBC just to remember Jerry?

So go to your happy little concert, just don't pretend your seeing Van Halen

Comment

• cwsmith17
                        Sniper
                        • Apr 2004

Hey man, they are living legends. Talk all the shit you want. I love David Lee Roth and I'm going to the concert. I also want to see Sam for the "shock-value."

Comment

• Big Troubles
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
                          Hey man, they are living legends. Talk all the shit you want. I love David Lee Roth and I'm going to the concert. I also want to see Sam for the "shock-value."
                          What is this shock value you are talking about?

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                            ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

It's "shocking" how bad the songs are. He's obviously a suicidal , manic depressive.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
                              Love reading your posts BT but "move on man" is the last thing Dave only fans should saying.
                              See now, I might be in the minority here, but I think that saying and believing in that "move on man" mentality is exactly what we need to do. Dave will always be there for us. Van Halen classics will always be there as well. Taking the next step is scary, but essential.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
                                It's "shocking" how bad the songs are. He's obviously a suicidal , manic depressive.
                                No shit eh? LOL "shock value". Hmmm...sounds like he's covering up his true love for Sam.

Comment

Working...