• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SNIPER
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jun 2004

Re: Re: My Wife Hates Dave.

Originally posted by Brett
    First of all, not for one second do I believe this.

If you are married to the kind of person that would stop you from listening to a stupid rock and roll band, why the fuck would you get married in the first place? Grow a pair.

Not that any of this could possibly be true, but ok.
    How could this not be true? How the fuck do you know or why would you even state that. Trust me.. Its 100% true. I wont bring it up again but the fact is she hates Dave. Not my fault. It wasnt a problem when we met... She was never a fan. I do blast it every second I can and we fight about it alot. This is a real problem in my marrage...So fuck you.

Comment

• SNIPER
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Cato
      it's a serious illness. you should try subliminal treatment to cure her.
      play any VH/DLR song secretly in the low volume in another CD player
      when she is listening to Hagar.
      if she didn't notice it after you kept doing it 7 days, turn the volume up a little. you better repeat this at least 10 times.
      and when she notices it, she will be humming VH/DLR songs.
      Great idea. I will give it a shot.

Comment

• Pasadena Bunnie
        Head Fluffer
        • Jul 2006

Buy her earplugs and tell her you bring home the bacon, you deserve to Relax...listening to CVH and DIAMOND DAVE is your form of Relaxation.

Compromise.....give her a few dollars to hit the Shopping Mall or send her to get a massage or just bring home some flowers. Being kind to her gives you the advantage for her to feel very guilty about biotching about your music. She probably will not say anything.

I already told my ex-boyfriend that Diamond Dave Concerts & Music is a priority for me as a personal hobby - I'm not willing to part with this hobby....E-V-E-R.

If the other person doesn't like it, don't let the door slap them in the *ss - or get her slam drunk on Wabo and turn up the ROTH Volume!!!!

Comment

• SensibleShoes

Just tell her you're gonna do it anyway. What's the problem?

Comment

• DrMaddVibe
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

DON'T HAVE CHILDREN WITH THIS WOMAN.

YOU WILL PRODUCE A CONFUSED KID!!!

On a serious note...dude, that's weak as hell that you can't listen to what you want, why? It's your house!

I can see the "gotta give in" bit, but I'd kick EVERYONE out of my house if they started up with the "Turn that off" bit.
            http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x...auders1zl5.gif
            http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c4...willywonka.gif

Comment

• rustoffa
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Pasadena Bunnie
              ...after all, WHO WEARS THE PANTS IN THE FAMILY?
              I agree. It's time to man-up. First thing you need to do is find something fragile of hers that she really loves. Take whatever it is, and place it underneath a pile of cinder blocks, that are underneath a piece of 3/4 inch plywood....in the front yard.

Then, put on the most oversized pair of pants you own and lurk on the roof. (waiting for her arrival)

When she steps out of the car, SUV, Hummer, Fiesta...whatever it is....

Bust out an AIR ROTH from the roof, landing like a grand piano on that pile of cinder blocks underneath the piece of plywood...smashing her prized posession to pieces!

Then, slowly take your oversized pants off, walk over, and hand 'em to her. Say "these are too big for you, don't bother trying to wear 'em."

Cue someone in the house hitting the cue'd-up "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" at ridiculous volume level.

Problem solved!

Comment

• bantonelli
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Nov 2004

LOL!!!!

Are "Fiesta's" still in existence? I thought I saw one on the freeway as I passed through SPAM's beloved "Fontucky" on my way to Dave's Palm Springs, CA (Key Club Morongo) Gig.
                "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• DlocRoth
                  ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by rustoffa
                  I agree. It's time to man-up. First thing you need to do is find something fragile of hers that she really loves. Take whatever it is, and place it underneath a pile of cinder blocks, that are underneath a piece of 3/4 inch plywood....in the front yard.

Then, put on the most oversized pair of pants you own and lurk on the roof. (waiting for her arrival)

When she steps out of the car, SUV, Hummer, Fiesta...whatever it is....

Bust out an AIR ROTH from the roof, landing like a grand piano on that pile of cinder blocks underneath the piece of plywood...smashing her prized posession to pieces!

Then, slowly take your oversized pants off, walk over, and hand 'em to her. Say "these are too big for you, don't bother trying to wear 'em."

Cue someone in the house hitting the cue'd-up "Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love" at ridiculous volume level.

Problem solved!

Post of the year.

Period.
                  Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Seshmeister
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

This is not uncommon and a good point.

I was talking to a guy recently who was complaining bitterly that he had married a punk girl a few years back and now she won't let him play it in the house without complaining.

False fucking advertising. You marry a chick with a mohican and within a couple of years her interests are Oprah, property prices, Mariah Carey and spending half your cash on the house decor. Seen it a dozen times.

A lot of women seem to change their music taste as they get older whereas guys often stay the same. Sometimes maybe they are into the fashion, the look of the singer or whatever and when that changes they lose interest.

I know all the girls that post here will immediately get upset but it's true. Look how few girls post at these sites, it's less than 10%. Most of them seem to be divorcees trying to go back to their youth. Say a CVH audience used to be 45/55 female male then where have the rest gone?
                    Last edited by Seshmeister; 07-31-2006, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• bantonelli
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                      This is not uncommon and a good point.

I know all the girls that post here will immediately get upset but it's true. Look how few girls post at these sites, it's less than 10%. Say a CVH audience used to be 45/55 female male then where have the rest gone?
                      I kinda like it that way.......got myself a ROTH HAREM or that I went to ROTH HEAVEN

My taste for Dave has been same since 1978....much like a vintage wine....my fondness for Dave's music and CVH gets finer with age.
                      "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• Brett
                        Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Shit a lot of you have a lot of free time. I can't think of the last instance I had time to sit and play music in the house at all.

Comment

• franksters
                          Veteran
                          • Mar 2004

tell her to fuck off... dave or the grave!!!
                          SUMMER'S JUST
                          AROUND
                          THE CORNER!

[IMG]
                          http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rs/2wbthcw.jpg

Comment

• Brett
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Re: Re: Re: My Wife Hates Dave.

Originally posted by SNIPER
                            +

I didnt say I stoped playing CVH fucko... Im just saying I get an ear full every time I do. Easy guys... geezz
                            OK I'll bite...what are her objections?

Comment

• DlocRoth
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Shit a lot of you have a lot of free time. I can't think of the last instance I had time to sit and play music in the house at all.
                              Bingo on that.

A night here and there when the missus and I are hangin with friends or in the car. That's it.
                              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• SNIPER
                                Crazy Ass Mofo
                                • Jun 2004

Re: Re: Re: Re: My Wife Hates Dave.

OK I'll bite...what are her objections?
                                Its not just Dave... At this point she has a problem with anything I like... And I am hard headed and set in my ways and do what I want anyway so it does get ugly. I do play in a touring metal band. At least I have the road to get away.. hehe...

Comment

Working...