man-oh-man, the rumblings and rumors I'm hearing...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redblkwht
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

next post please. double your fun..oops

EUAS

Comment

• redblkwht
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

someone sticky this thread, everyone should read..
      nice insite btw

EUAS

Comment

• NathanRay
        Head Fluffer
        • Feb 2004

Dropin' some sheer Awesome insights, Rougehorseman. Van Halen 3 bombed so they played a bunch of classic vh for that tour and Payed Dave his royalties. How were ticket sales on that tour? Who sponsered it? Did it Fail? Who's sponsering this tour??
        "It's just not an option for me to go and watch some other band — who are only performing because they have some new record coming out — do our music," Roth said. "I have nothing against Velvet Revolver — I'm not familiar with their music — but that was my 3 minutes and 22 seconds up there."
        Roth Keeps it REEEEAL

Originally posted by Antman
        Fuck Alex Van Halen. That mongoloid Mr. Spock looking mother fucker.

Comment

• thefive

Of course Warner Brothers wants Dave at the Helm.

Comment

• Seshmeister
            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by NathanRay
            Dropin' some sheer Awesome insights, Rougehorseman. Van Halen 3 bombed so they played a bunch of classic vh for that tour and Payed Dave his royalties.
            They wouldn't have had to pay royalties to Dave for playing live just like he doesn't have to pay them.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

It's obvious to everyone except the band that Dave is the one.

What could these guys expect after all the crap over the years?

Poor ticket sales is from disregarding the obvious and if the music is for the people like they say then the way to hook the most is with Dave.

Comment

• redblkwht
                Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Thats why another BOV is coming out..
                it is the only way to spark interest &
                warner doesnt like the tunes they got now.
                the next cd with shambo will crash & burn.

EUAS

Comment

• lztom
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Mar 2004

I think they're getting desperate on this. The latest word is July 20th (!) for the new record and get this...a double cd including several, if not all BOV 1 tracks plus three new Spam tracks and (believe it or not) three Spam era live tracks. No plans for anything before the tour starts in terms of either music or publicity. I think we can all agree, above and beyond the despicable choice of lead singer, that strategy is so fucked up as to be laughable and an indication that this whole project was launched without any foresight and is now a sinking ship.

Comment

• Jano
                    Commando
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by cwsmith17
                    Very intelligent bullshit.
                    IN YOUR FACE SPAMMY !!
                    little french dreamer hate those Van Hagar backstage party!!
                    http://deliajolie.spaces.live.com/

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
                      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

If they actually include tracks from BOV1, they're even more out of touch than I thought(and that's quite a feat) Can we say UNINSPIRED?! This is getting better by the day people.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Well there is one shred of truth to this... The alleged lawsuit is a no winner indeed. You can't sue anyone for misrepresentation when 75% of the classic Van Halen lineup is being represented in the advertising.

As much as Dave is the tops when it comes VH singers... Ed, Al and Michael can't be discounted... It ain't all about the singer...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Ed can be discounted because he's always drunk.

Al can be discounted because of the neckbrace.

Mike can be discounted because he's always been discounted.

Comment

• Terry
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            Well there is one shred of truth to this... The alleged lawsuit is a no winner indeed. You can't sue anyone for misrepresentation when 75% of the classic Van Halen lineup is being represented in the advertising.

As much as Dave is the tops when it comes VH singers... Ed, Al and Michael can't be discounted... It ain't all about the singer...
                            If the lawsuit is winnable is irrelevant.

If Sammy, the sisters and MA have no plans to play the classic material, then it shouldn't be used in radio spots for the shows.

And 75% of the classic lineup doesn't constitute Van Halen. All or nothing.
                            Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• fenway5150
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by thefive
                              Of course Warner Brothers wants Dave at the Helm.
                              Which is most likely why Dave isn't losing any sleep about this whole tour.
                              "To keep up with me, you must be fast. To sing like me, you must be great. To beat me? You must be kidding!"
                              - DLR, 2004

Comment

• RogueHorseman
                                Commando
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                                If the lawsuit is winnable is irrelevant.

If Sammy, the sisters and MA have no plans to play the classic material, then it shouldn't be used in radio spots for the shows.

And 75% of the classic lineup doesn't constitute Van Halen. All or nothing.
                                I'd go one further and say that even if they DO plan to play the material that it should be represented truthfully on the spots -- exactly as it will be at the show -- with Sammy's vocals.

Yeah, like CC wants Sammy's crapper-sounding COVER version of, say, Jump pushing ticket sales...

What a total con the whole thing is when you get right down to it...
                                <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K7_U-zj2gfE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

Working...