X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • VH LINKS SUCKS
    Foot Soldier
    • Jan 2004

Not buying any of this until Edward Van Halen makes it official himself!

Dave's an idiot if he tours under any lable considered a "reunion" without Mike!

If Eddie wants to continue as Van Halen w/ Dave, Alex and Wolfgang fine, but don't consider that a reunion tour in 2007!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

all this bullshit (including the interview on stern) shows one obvious fact...ed conciders himself and his sister as the two halfs of VH...that means for HIM it is still VH as long as he and alexis are in the band no matter who they play with...so for HIM he has every right to fuck up the legacy...

I really believe that sam fought for bass player to be part of the 2004 fiasco...we'll see what dave fights for...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• VindictivePantz
        Full On Cocktard
        • Nov 2006

If TheGuy is legit, and does not have l33t web surfing skills and is behind an anonymous proxy, can't one of the mods look at his IP, etc.? I would assume that someone close to the situation as TheGuy claims to be would be located in/near California.

PM to TheGuy: If you're legit, thank you.

If you're not, eat a stick of cat shit.
        http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/7557/bnwevhvp3zf.jpg

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Hey GUY,

Since Friday, internet news reports have been rampent on the whole Wolfie as bassist thing and the unconfirmed news of Dave coming back.

I'm sure Eddie is aware of all this (seeing as how his own girlfriend and publicist confirmed the news).

So, what's the holdup?? Will we hear an official statement from the band?? A press conference with Dave??

I mean, the net has been buzzing over this and I think now's the time to capatalize on it.
          =V V=
          ole No.1 The finest
          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
            Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by The Guy
            Things will become clear before you head over the river and through the woods to grandma's house for Thanksgiving turkey.

Its gonna be big, damn big. Something rock and roll hasn't scene in a long long time.
            The Guy posted that on September 20th, 2006.

Since then, we have had a report from Andrew (melodicrock) and confirmation from Ed's publicist/girlfriend on Wolfie's involvement.

So, is Thanksgiving still in the cards?
            =V V=
            ole No.1 The finest
            EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• The Guy
              Banned
              • Sep 2006

The announcement should come at any time, whether its before Thanksgiving or not, they don't know.
              Things are coming together quite rapidly, faster than expected.

Something else I would like to clarify is Sam and Alex's friendship.
              Yes they are still firends and yes they talk on occasion, but Sammy is not coming back to the band anytime soon. He is not at all bitter about this reunion with Dave, but holds out hope that Mike will be involved and is trying to get Alex to talk Ed into it.
              Nobody knows how long this reconciliation with Dave will last, but its going to be atleast one tour and one release.
              The release being either the long waited boxed set (with either some new stuff or unreleased material from all incarnations of the band) or a new album by itself.
              Last edited by The Guy; 11-15-2006, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

jesus motherfucking christ...
                Roth Army Icon
                First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Hardrock69
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Roy Hagar
                  You're full of shit! Prove your sources bitch or keep it quiet! Brett is a fucking God, fuck you.
                  Go fuck yoruself.

Get back into your fucking dog costume, and let Brett continue to ass-rape you, so you can suck his shit-coated cock.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2005

Hey Guy, if you really are on speaking terms with them, tell Ed to get off his dead ass and release some CVH concert DVDs from back in the day.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by The Guy
                      The announcement should come at any time, whether its before Thanksgiving or not, they don't know.
                      Things are coming together quite rapidly, faster than expected.

Something else I would like to clarify is Sam and Alex's friendship.
                      Yes they are still firends and yes they talk on occasion, but Sammy is not coming back to the band anytime soon. He is not at all bitter about this reunion with Dave, but holds out hope that Mike will be involved and is trying to get Alex to talk Ed into it.
                      Nobody knows how long this reconciliation with Dave will last, but its going to be atleast one tour and one release.
                      The release being either the long waited boxed set (with either some new stuff or unreleased material from all incarnations of the band) or a new album by itself.
                      Thanks for the update, Guy.

While the rest of what you said seems encouraging, I was hoping Sambo wasn't on any speaking terms with Al.

Oh well, Ed still runs the band, so who cares what Alice thinks.

I find it odd how Sam is lobbying for Mike's return to VH.

So if Mike does come back and we get the full-on CVH Reunion, we would have Sammy to thank?:eek:

So, if I get this right, the bass player issue seems to be what's holding up the announcement, correct?
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• eddie007
                        Roadie
                        • Sep 2005

This one is for The Guy

I know my post will probably stir up a hornet's nest

But, my question is for THE GUY.

I never have much to say on the forums BUT, this is definitely the BEST SITE THERE IS for CVH fans !!!

I heard thru my VERY LEGITIMATE grapevine that there maybe also be a silent 5th member singing those high note harmonys
                        we all know and love from MA on the CVH stuff.

Give me 2 initials of this person and I WILL BE CONVINCED -

that THE GUY is the real deal.

I'll confirm if correct ... and Tell everyone ... YOU ARE THE MAN.

But,This is all I'm at liberty to say after that.

So there you THE GUY.

What is your response to that

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Re: This one is for The Guy

Originally posted by eddie007
                          I know my post will probably stir up a hornet's nest

But, my question is for THE GUY.

I never have much to say on the forums BUT, this is definitely the BEST SITE THERE IS for CVH fans !!!

I heard thru my VERY LEGITIMATE grapevine that there maybe also be a silent 5th member singing those high note harmonys
                          we all know and love from MA on the CVH stuff.

Give me 2 initials of this person and I WILL BE CONVINCED -

that THE GUY is the real deal.

I'll confirm if correct ... and Tell everyone ... YOU ARE THE MAN.

But,This is all I'm at liberty to say after that.

So there you THE GUY.

What is your response to that
                          A fifth member could only mean someone doing some harmonies on some new studio tracks Ed is working on.

I heard that Steve Lukather provided some background vox to the 2004 Hagar songs from BOBW -- because Mike had nothing to do with those despite playing the tour.

But I will let THe GUY answer that one.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• eddie007
                            Roadie
                            • Sep 2005

My question for The Guy

Nope

Steve Lukather is a close friend, who does lend vocals at the studio.

I am talking about a 5th member , in the shadows, on this up-coming tour. signing back-up - possibly more.

but... don't rule out a possible future fix, that would cancel this info.

....if SOMETHING could be worked out later that brought MA back into the touring situation.

BUT, Michael Anthony is NO LONGER LEGALLY a part of VH.

The Guy is Right on everything.

He now has Celebrity Status on the forum.

I just want to see if he has a GOOD ANSWER to the question.

I'm waiting.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Re: My question for The Guy

Originally posted by eddie007
                              Nope

Steve Lukather is a close friend, who does lend vocals at the studio.

I am talking about a 5th member , in the shadows, on this up-coming tour. signing back-up - possibly more.

but... don't rule out a possible future fix, that would cancel this info.

....if SOMETHING could be worked out later that brought MA back into the touring situation.

BUT, Michael Anthony is NO LONGER LEGALLY a part of VH.

The Guy is Right on everything.

He now has Celebrity Status on the forum.

I just want to see if he has a GOOD ANSWER to the question.

I'm waiting.
                              Okay.

Yes, we know that Mike had to sell off his royalties and rights to the Van Halens, so in a sense he doesn't get squat from the past releases, while of course Dave still does.

Mike would be an 'employee' of VH, much like in 2004, IF he came back for the tour.

Again, I will wait for the Guy to answer as far as this 5th member thing.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• lztom
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Mar 2004

Don't know whether The Guy Is the guy or not yet. No reason to doubt him, no firm proof he's not bullshitting.

However, if he is *the* guy and is correct what worries me is that Spambo is not in a hot fuss about this reunion. That would ring alarm bells for me that Ed is not back in shape and Spammy nos that this tour will damage the CVH legacy.

As everyone who posts on here is well aware, deep down Spammy is completely insecure about comparisons between Van Hagar and CVH because the latter is so utterly superior. No way, he's chilled about this tour if he thought it was even going to be 60-70% (or whatever figure) of what CVH used to be as a live and studio group.

Comment

Working...