X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by eddie007
    It will be nice when it's from vh camp officially.
    No doubt.

I mean, they NEED to announce their plans so that we can avoid the potential of some throwing out FALSE information vs stuff that may well be true.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PlexiBrown
      Commando
      • Mar 2006

YOU GUYS SHOULD ALL HAVE THE SAME ENERGY ABOUT THIS CVH RE_UNION FINALLY HAPPENING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      Why, just because YOU say so? I can't believe there are some people here even half buying into this BS.
      And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• lafours
        Head Fluffer
        • Apr 2004

is the other singer Edgar Winter? I know Dave said on his radio show the man has perfect pitch, is a genious, and looks for his input on all future recordings...maybe Edgar is helping with harmony arrangements?

Comment

• eddie007
          Roadie
          • Sep 2005

And when it's confirmed.

Will you finally join the party ??

funny thing about the TRUTH,
          you can try to bury it all you want BUT, eventual it rises to the surface.

Damn Dude drink a beer and chill the F*#@k out.

it's BUCKEYE VS MICHIGAN weekend !!!

lighten-up Have some fun man.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
            Commando
            • Mar 2006

When and if it becomes official then I will give a shit. Until then....GO AWAY! You are one of a number of people on the web claiming to have inside information and your stories are different from each other.
            And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
              When and if it becomes official then I will give a shit. Until then....GO AWAY! You are one of a number of people on the web claiming to have inside information and your stories are different from each other.
              Ease up there, Plexi.

There isn't a law out there that says, "thou shalt not provide inside info on a message board."

You don't have to believe it -- not many do.

Its all good.

Plus, eddie007 is a fan, just like the rest of us.
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                Commando
                • Mar 2006

There isn't a law out there that says, "thou shalt not provide inside info on a message board."
                I never said that there was such a law. Just as there is no law that stops me or anyone from challenging him and calling him out on his so called "inside" information. Just a short while ago people were hanging on every word "the guy" said and then he suddenly disappears. People can post their so called "inside" information but I can post what I think about it.

Wait....Eddie Van Halen just called. He just told me that there is a new background vocalist and his initials are C.T.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                  Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                  I never said that there was such a law. Just as there is no law that stops me or anyone from challenging him and calling him out on his so called "inside" information. Just a short while ago people were hanging on every word "the guy" said and then he suddenly disappears. People can post their so called "inside" information but I can post what I think about it.

Wait....Eddie Van Halen just called. He just told me that there is a new background vocalist and his initials are C.T.
                  I hear ya.

But why not play the 'wait and see' method.

Let these dudes throw whatever info they see fit -- anyone wants to chomp at it, they can.

But I for one am not gonna tell them to 'go away' just because I think what they're saying is BS.

Let it roll -- sooner or later we'll know for sure.
                  =V V=
                  ole No.1 The finest
                  EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2006

But I for one am not gonna tell them to 'go away' just because I think what they're saying is BS.
                    The other things is, some of these guys aren't saying much more than the initial news that came out that DLR and Wolfgang are in and Mikey may be out. They are just putting their own twist to it while still leaving a lot "up in the air". If offical word comes out and one of these guys seemed like they had inside information then it just may be that they got lucky and/or their vaugeness covered their bases much like horoscopes do.

Comment

• eddie007
                      Roadie
                      • Sep 2005

When this is all confirmed.

wouldn't you want some more stuff , as we hear it ????

I heard the stuff "the guy" did THAT IS true ..probably the same time or soon after.

He shouted first.

I was afraid to say anything because, i wasn't seeing any info. out there on this site.

I knew all kinds of stuff when Hagar was getting ready to tour with Ed again.

BUT, who cares about anything with his ASS attached to it.

see my point.

I'm actually leaving my office now to go to lunch with my source.

BUT, I honestly doubt he knows anything else at this time.

He will probably get a kick out of this -- or he will kick my ass!!!

we'll see

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

Again, I haven't heard anything too different from anybody than what was reported at melodicrock.com a while ago.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by eddie007
                          I'm actually leaving my office now to go to lunch with my source.

BUT, I honestly doubt he knows anything else at this time.

He will probably get a kick out of this -- or he will kick my ass!!!

we'll see

Have a good lunch.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                            Commando
                            • Mar 2006

wouldn't you want some more stuff , as we hear it ????
                            Post whatever you want. I have been a fan of this band for too long and I know not to trust anything other than official news. If they are ready to make an announcement by Thanksgiving which is less than a week away then your "sources" should know by now who is in the band and who is not. With an announcement so close there should be no more speculation among insiders on wheter Michael Anthony is in or out or if this mystery vocalist is in or out, etc. It should all be set with an announcement so close. So.....give the details on exactly what is going on without leaving things still "up in the air" because if things are still not decided in the world of VH then there is no way they will be making an official announcement within a week. Then we will see if what you say is truth.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                              Its NOT rediculous to not have Mike on the recordings. Rediculous that he might not tour, but not as far as recordings.

Mike hasn't played and sang on ANY VH related songs in ten years. FACT! (Everyone knows he had nothing to do with the 2004 Hagar songs, but he still did the tour).
                              He did a 3 part backing vocal on It's About Time and a couple of backing fills on Up For Breakfast. Did not play a single bass note on any of those recordings in the studio.
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Irving Azoff
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Nov 2006

Before anyone berates me on the fact that I'm a "rookie" on this site, I'd like to preface my remarks that I work at Sony Music in New York. I have a close relationship (we grew up together) with an on-air DJ also based in New York. I am a very big VH fan and so is he as well. I e-mailed him after I heard the news that Ed was "open" to working with DLR in the future. I simply asked him what his take was on this development. His response, "You know how they work. They keep quite on everything. Whatever news that gets out, is old news to them. Ed has been touting his son's ability for two to three years now. Just wait until you hear about the nephew - then you'll be surprised.

When I followed up inquiring about "the nephew" and who it was & what role he'd play in this, his answer was, "He's Alex's nephew. He's replacing Michael Anthony on bass. The brothers are stilled steamed about Michael Anthony billing him and Sam as the 'other half'. Mikey's out."

When word spread that Wolfie was in and Michael was out, it confirmed his info for me.

So I recently sent him another e-mail with a litany of questions. The replies went back and forth quite a bit. The Reader's Digest version follows below:

DLR: Working with them AVH, EVH and WVH
                                Legal/contracts: Ironed out.
                                Label: WB
                                Management: JLA
                                Announcement: "Soon" was the first response and followups mentioned the Tuesday after t
                                Tour: Summer '07 (July and August only). Possible tour names are "The Better Half" or "The Better Half & Son" Large cities only. Looks like SD, LA, SF. SEA, LV, DAL, HOU, NO, ATL, DC, PHI, NY, BOS, MTL, TOR, BUF, PIT, CLE, CIN, CHI & STL.
                                Single/Album releases: 4/17/07 was a date to keep in mind.
                                Billing: May be billed as "Van Halen" or "Van Halen Featuring David Lee Roth"

With all that said, I've received info from him in the past (regarding VH and other musicians), and he's been correct for the most part (and when he's been off it's been within reason). I break his balls all the time about how he gets his info, but he never tells me. He knows I work at SME (in the I.T. Dept) so that may be why he doesn't tell me.

Anyway - I now await the ridicule from the members of this thread. But, hey, for what it's worth, I thought I'd pass it on. You can take the info with as many grains of salt as you wish.

AI

Comment

Working...