X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Vinnie Velvet
    Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
    "The Guy" and "Eddie007" are probably still laughing at the people who actually watched the AMA's hoping that Van Halen would be there. They got ya!
    Well, I never watched the AMAs and wasn't planning on either.

I haven't watched that award show since the late 90s.
    =V V=
    ole No.1 The finest
    EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DooMer87
      Full On Cocktard
      • Nov 2006

its thanksgiving. Where's that claimed "announcement" from The Guy?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by DooMer87
        its thanksgiving. Where's that claimed "announcement" from The Guy?
        Well, to be somewhat fair, he actually didn't STAMP that date as THE announcement, but did say it could be around, on, or either before or after that date.

Who the fuck knows.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• DooMer87
          Full On Cocktard
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
          Well, to be somewhat fair, he actually didn't STAMP that date as THE announcement, but did say it could be around, on, or either before or after that date.

Who the fuck knows.
          Yeah, i gotta go with ya on that one. But hopefully, since there's so much activity going on recently, we get an announcement soon. And then, only then, will rock be resurrected. I thought that topic in this forum with the journal entry by this guy who was shooting EVH was interesting. Hopefully the photos were for the front cover of Guitar World to be issued after the announcement, or it was with DLR, Alexian, and Wolfenstein. Who knows, i guess. Just gotta wait for this all to sort out.

Comment

• TheArchitect
            Groupie
            • Oct 2006

The jock on the way home said there had been an official announcement of a tour with AVH, EVH and WVH but no singer was announced. Apparently he was full of shit. Its status quo around here

Comment

• Executionor
              Roth Army Recruit
              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by Executionor
              Well, I hate to play devil's advocate here, but I will not believe ANY of it until I see some proof from the band. There are a couple of people both here and at the vhforums that are capable of pulling of a real big hoax by getting something started that sounds legible and then another "in the know" guy comes along and supports the first guy and on and on. Funny how aliases seem to support each other that way. Time will tell. Don't be surprised though if this WHOLE thing is a hoax.
              What I said earlier. There are many aliases at play here I betcha. Some folks GET OFF on making shit up then sitting back and watching everyone go ape shit.

Comment

• rustoffa
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Executionor
                What I said earlier. There are many aliases at play here I betcha.
                Ya think?

Anyway, I stumbled across a drivin' & cryin' fucker earlier today, and I aksed him...point blank: "What do you think about the Van Halen News?"

He went, "where'd you get that shirt?"

Comment

• Loons The Great

The Comeback
                  --Memphis Slim

I know my baby, baby sho' gonna jump and shout
                  Well, I know my baby, baby sho' gonna jump and shout
                  When the train roll up and I come walkin' out

Hold on baby, I be home someday
                  Hold on baby, I be home one day
                  Honey, don't ya let nobody, lead my little girl astray

I've been gone so long, honey, but I'm comin' back
                  Honey, been gone so long, baby, but I'm comin' back
                  Honey, been gone so long, 'til I don't know how to act

Bye-bye, I be on my way
                  Bye-bye

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2006

The "insiders" must be busy thinking up more BS......but wait.....the official announcement is due to happen any minute now! Maybe when they said Thanksgiving they meant next Thanksgiving. Funny how they have disappeared.
                    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by PlexiBrown
                      The "insiders" must be busy thinking up more BS......but wait.....the official announcement is due to happen any minute now! Maybe when they said Thanksgiving they meant next Thanksgiving. Funny how they have disappeared.
                      Yeah, no kidding.

Funny, isn't it?

To be fair, it was only The Guy who actually posted a possible time for an announcement (either before, on, or after Thanksgiving! LOL!).

Neither eddie007 nor Marshall Stack said anything about any impending news.
                      =V V=
                      ole No.1 The finest
                      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                        Commando
                        • Mar 2006

neither eddie007 or marshall stack said anything about impending news
                        Below is what eddie007 posted earlier on this thread:

"according to the guy and marshall stack - news is coming soon."
                        And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• The Guy
                          Banned
                          • Sep 2006

I am here people.
                          I said awhile back about their being some news regarding the reunion with Dave before Thanksgiving. Ed's girlfriend/publicist confirmed that Wolfie is now in the band and that they are rehearsing for a 2007 tour.
                          Is that not news?

I know how frustrated alot of you are, I am too. Things are going strong with Dave's return, nothing has changed there at all. They just want to make sure all continues to be cool and then make the annuncement and not jump into anything too fast like they did ten years ago. Its going to happen in all liklihood people, the train is on the tracks and the wheels are turning.
                          From what I was told just a couple days ago, the summer tour is going to be huge. Possibly multiple acts if it comes together as planned.

I understand your frustrations, and I share some of them. Take it from someone who has been to 5150 and heard what they are doing, its going to be great. There are some surprises instore for the fans.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

Is that not news?
                              It is not official news or an official announcment. Why are Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony stlll the singer and bassist according to the official website?

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                                Commando
                                • Mar 2006

Take it from someone who has been to 5150 and heard what they are doing, its going to be great. There are some surprises instore for the fans.
                                For someone who claims to have been at 5150 and heard what they are doing you pretty much have told us nothing. You took what was originally reported at melodicrock.com a while back and added a couple of very small tidbits of your own BS to it.

Comment

Working...