X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • twonabomber
    formerly F A T
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

so wait a minute. PT5150 and Venom Thrust are the same person?
    Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Venom Thrust
      Full On Cocktard
      • Dec 2006

That's cool. Merry Christmas too all! I have to catch flight hopefully more after the RRHOF announcements on Jan.8th.
      Smilies

Comment

• Venom Thrust
        Full On Cocktard
        • Dec 2006

P.S. No not the same person. Sorry no cigar...Later.
        Smilies

Comment

• twonabomber
          formerly F A T
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

who says the announcement is on the 8th?
          Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• ppg960
            Sniper
            • Dec 2005

Boring Boring and Boring!!!
            Sorry Bob, no job in VH.
            These clowns couldn't get a job as a backstage Fluffer.

Comment

• VH LINKS SUCKS
              Foot Soldier
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Venom Thrust
              Ha! Monterey international is Dave's mgmt. Van Halen are still with Azoff! Eddie has been writing riffs for 20 years that don't make a song! Your source wrong! Tour only. Let's hope you are not taking what Ed said on stern as gospel, Im sure he has stuff but he is NOT going to do any new stuff with Dave! Asfar as reporting inside stuff gee I thought people were starving for info am I wrong??
              I believe "The Guy" (Matt Bruck) and some of what Marshall has said because it adds up. Sammy brought Azoff to Ed so why couldn't there be a possibility that Dave's manager is part of this new thing? So what you're saying is Ed is full of shit based on what he said on the Stern show? He did say he had NEW material and had been jamming to it with Alex and Wolf so why wouldn't Dave be included. Besides that. what about the material they recorded with Dave in 2000? There are 5 or 6 songs Dave said they worked on! You can hack The Guy and Marshall and the rest all you want but why should we believe what you have to say? Anyone can state they know someone in management etc...

And one more thing I'd like to add is the fact the 2004 tour basically bombed with a greatest hits tour so why shouldn't it have a similar result? Since it wouldn't be a true reunion there is no way in hell they are going to pack houses without all original members. Another reason why new music is essential in this case!

Until the band makes a statement this is all horseshit!
              Last edited by VH LINKS SUCKS; 12-23-2006, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by nosuchluck
                lmao!
                You wouldn't be laughing if you saw his IP.

Let's just say he's definitely the most "outside" of the self-proclaimed "insiders" so far.
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by VH LINKS SUCKS
                  I believe "The Guy" (Matt Bruck) and some of what Marshall has said because it adds up
                  How does it add up? What does it "add up" to? Add it up? Am I supposed to sing the Violent Femmes here or something? Well all right.....

Why can't I get just one fuck?
                  Sheep think some guy in New York is Matt Bruck
                  But I waited 23 years of my life for just one......

Day After Day
                  I get angry at what you dumb shits say.......
                  Cause the tour is in my sights
                  Will Dave & Ed take a bow?
                  Yeah they just might.......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSnLdYBdeHg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSnLdYBdeHg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

Sammy brought Azoff to Ed so why couldn't there be a possibility that Dave's manager is part of this new thing? So what you're saying is Ed is full of shit based on what he said on the Stern show? He did say he had NEW material and had been jamming to it with Alex and Wolf so why wouldn't Dave be included. Besides that. what about the material they recorded with Dave in 2000? There are 5 or 6 songs Dave said they worked on! You can hack The Guy and Marshall and the rest all you want but why should we believe what you have to say? Anyone can state they know someone in management etc...

And one more thing I'd like to add is the fact the 2004 tour basically bombed with a greatest hits tour so why shouldn't it have a similar result? Since it wouldn't be a true reunion there is no way in hell they are going to pack houses without all original members. Another reason why new music is essential in this case!
                  True enough. As for Azoff, he's no fool. He'd dump Brother Cheddar's Travelling Tequila Salvation Show in a heart beat in order to promote a Van HALEN tour.

Until the band makes a statement this is all horseshit!
                  Now that's the most accurate statement in this thread yet.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• VindictivePantz
                    Full On Cocktard
                    • Nov 2006

As much as I want to see new music from the band, it seems like there is a good chance that this might be a "farewell" tour for CVH more than anything.

I think the RRHoF is the driver behind any potential reunion with Dave, as it would add a nice "end" to the CVH era.

Think about the rumors, timeline:

1) January 8th - RRHoF announces the 2007 inductees. If VH does not make it in, I am confident the reunion rumors will stop until the next nomination cycle
                    2) Assuming they are inducted, the RRHoF ceremony is on March 12th. CVH performs.
                    3) Sometime right after March 12th, a CD announcement is released. No new material (or material from 2000) - maybe a box set. The CD/box set will be released April 17th, 2007 (which is a Tuesday, and everyone knows Tuesday's are new CD release day.)
                    4) To keep the momentum, a brief summer tour is announced. Long enough to hit major venues, but short enough to minimize the risk of ego clash.
                    5) Tour concludes, CVH "retires." Dave goes back to do his thing, Ed, Alex, and Wolfie go do their thing.
                    http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/7557/bnwevhvp3zf.jpg

Comment

• ppg960
                      Sniper
                      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by FORD
                      How does it add up? What does it "add up" to? Add it up? Am I supposed to sing the Violent Femmes here or something? Well all right.....

Sheep think some guy in New York is Matt Bruck
                      But I waited 23 years of my life for just one......

Day After Day
                      I get angry at what you dumb shits say.......
                      Cause the tour is in my sights
                      Will Dave & Ed take a bow?
                      Yeah they just might.......

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSnLdYBdeHg"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jSnLdYBdeHg" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed>

True enough. As for Azoff, he's no fool. He'd dump Brother Cheddar's Travelling Tequila Salvation Show in a heart beat in order to promote a Van HALEN tour.

Now that's the most accurate statement in this thread yet.

Cool, I'm going to sit down with my Les Paul and write a few riffs for this right now!!!

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                        Commando
                        • Apr 2006

We have new music that sounds like CVH. We just don't want to record it with Dave. We just want to use him to build interest in our name/band, and part ways again. Without a true REUNION tour why would Dave agree?

Comment

• twonabomber
                          formerly F A T
                          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

again, who says the HOF announcement is the 8th?

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by twonabomber
                            we'll see. most of it is so vague that you'll end up looking like a lucky guesser, or an idiot savant.

more idiot, less savant.
                            That was some scortched-earth shit right there.

Brutal.

Comment

• bueno bob
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ppg960
                              Boring Boring and Boring!!!
                              Sorry Bob, no job in VH.
                              These clowns couldn't get a job as a backstage Fluffer.
                              Well dammit all anyway.

And I REALLY THOUGHT it was all truthful, too...

LMAO
                              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Wawazat
                                ROCKSTAR

• Jul 2005

Originally posted by Venom Thrust
                                We will all see something happen by the time the RRHOF get's here March 12th. We will know then much more by then. And we will see who was giving the straight shit.
                                Let us, like Him, hold up one shoe and let the other be upon our foot, for this is His sign, that all who follow Him shall do likewise.
                                Day-dreaming's gone commercial

Comment

Working...