• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sweet Irony
    She's the Woman
    Sniper
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Troubles
    WKRP was a sitcom in the 80's involving different aspects of a rock radio station for the really young folks.

I scrolled down and put myself in my place.......

...livin in the online VH world for 19 years....thanks to a 2 year old.....

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

Hey the only time I mention my cock is when it doubles as a speed bump in the parking lots.

Other than that some of your post was...ok with me. Like I said before "I dont care what anyone listens to" EXCEPT the MODS, Moderating a Pro Roth site and listening to Sammy's "when eagles shit" is a total conflict of fucking interest. Our interest. The Army interest. You dont see that? Im not saying you HAVE to choose. All Im saying is that it really diminishes the strength of this site if the people running it are listening to the fucking enemy.Sorry man. I think your cool. But you have to admit, that this is a tad uneasy for us Die Hard Roth fans. Dont change your listening habits for me...Fuck no. But if, and its a big IF I ever become a Mod here, I will clean the colons of everyone that enters this site, with the biggest clubbed bat with the sharpest spikes on it, to find and destroy every morsel of any Spam lover that treads these Army waters. Or maybe I just take this all too seriously. Yeah fuck it. Lets all listen to Sam. Better yet, throw on some Culture Club, Wham! and Frankie Goes to Hollywood. I got an idea. Lets go really far out there. Let's have all the Mods listen to everything that isn't Roth. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
      Like I said man, Im not trying to change your listening habits. Im just trying to figure out what kind of a stance you take with the whole Sam vs Dave thing. And yes, its always a Sam vs Dave thing. Always will be.
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Dr. Love
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Jan 2004

Hey the only time I mention my cock is when it doubles as a speed bump in the parking lots.

Other than that some of your post was...ok with me. Like I said before "I dont care what anyone listens to" EXCEPT the MODS, Moderating a Pro Roth site and listening to Sammy's "when eagles shit" is a total conflict of fucking interest. Our interest. The Army interest. You dont see that? Im not saying you HAVE to choose. All Im saying is that it really diminishes the strength of this site if the people running it are listening to the fucking enemy.Sorry man. I think your cool. But you have to admit, that this is a tad uneasy for us Die Hard Roth fans. Dont change your listening habits for me...Fuck no. But if, and its a big IF I ever become a Mod here, I will clean the colons of everyone that enters this site, with the biggest clubbed bat with the sharpest spikes on it, to find and destroy every morsel of any Spam lover that treads these Army waters. Or maybe I just take this all too seriously. Yeah fuck it. Lets all listen to Sam. Better yet, throw on some Culture Club, Wham! and Frankie Goes to Hollywood. I got an idea. Lets go really far out there. Let's have all the Mods listen to everything that isn't Roth. Wouldn't that be a hoot?
        Like I said man, Im not trying to change your listening habits. Im just trying to figure out what kind of a stance you take with the whole Sam vs Dave thing. And yes, its always a Sam vs Dave thing. Always will be.
        Someday ... someday I really hope some of you guys wake up to the reality of how trivial who I listen to is, and how silly it is to take the "us vs them" mentality over a rock and roll band.

Seriously, DLR would tell you all to get over yourselves and go live in the real world.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about what I listen to (or what I do). If your moral fiber is so fragile (and I say this not to anyone specifically) then you have bigger things to worry about than Van Halen.

edit: I don't take a stance because I don't give a shit. That whole thing is beyond stupid. Who really cares, except for people trapped in this little world?
        I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Big Troubles
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Sweet Irony
          http://tv.infinitecoolness.com/07/tv7.htm

I scrolled down and put myself in my place.......

Was one of my fav shows. Dr Johnny Fever!!
          "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Sweet Irony
            She's the Woman
            Sniper
            • Jan 2004

YEAH

Comment

• Sweet Irony
              She's the Woman
              Sniper
              • Jan 2004

Damn, couldnt get the picture to post by itself......Im a little rusty, I think----

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Dr. Love
                Someday ... someday I really hope some of you guys wake up to the reality of how trivial who I listen to is, and how silly it is to take the "us vs them" mentality over a rock and roll band.

Seriously, DLR would tell you all to get over yourselves and go live in the real world.

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about what I listen to (or what I do). If your moral fiber is so fragile (and I say this not to anyone specifically) then you have bigger things to worry about than Van Halen.

edit: I don't take a stance because I don't give a shit. That whole thing is beyond stupid. Who really cares, except for people trapped in this little world?
                You missed the point and I really hoped you wouldn't have. I DONT care who you listen. Except for the fact you are modding a Roth Tribute site and listening to the other band at the same time. And if Roth would speak, he would speak volumes of the dedication people like us have for the classic music he helped create and still performs to this day. He would be disgusted, Im sure, with the fact that someone could keep ice cream and horse manure in the same picnic basket too. If you want to pretend that it's ok and perfectly normal to "rally the Roth troops" during a Van Hagar reunion and yet actually go to the show and give that "used to be band" your hard earned money and buy a few t shirts and wave your lighter in the air for all those crappy songs and all the songs that Roth wrote, that Sam didn't mind singing to, then go ahead. Just dont half ass it man. Your a Mod for Christs sakes. You say we are living in small worlds, but in reality the smallest world is the one you think you or anything is limited. You are right. You have the conscious decision to choose what you listen to. But peddling that belief along with Modding this site is ludicrous.
                And BTW, the smallest of all worlds is denial, betrayal and deceit. All categories that Ed, Al, Mike and Sam have swung back and forth between themselves for the last 15 years. I'm kinda happy Dave is sitting back watching the bullshit ferment into a smaller pile. Remember Dixies Midnight Runner? Most people don't. Van Hagar will be in that category. I chose a legend long before he was legendary. You choose both. Your choice. But I like my odds better.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Feb 2004

I would really like to hear from Hitch and Sarge on this matter. Im pretty sure I know Sarge's stance but his input is always refreshing. Hitch? Never really got to talking with you. Im sure we will get along just fine. As long as your not a Red Rocker fan club president.

Comment

• freak
                    Sniper
                    • May 2004

Some of us spend all day there and would rather give it a miss when we get home

Comment

• rustoffa
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Jan 2004

1. I'm wide awake. As long as it isn't "voices", you're in fine shape. Part of the premise of a "forum" is opposing views.

2. Do you know him well? I'm quite "over myself". I doubt without question Dave's expert opinion on the real world.

3. I'm sure we all have bigger things to worry about.

4. I kinda give a shit in the aspect of which version of the band I prefer. The choice being "VAN HALEN". The "little world" you refer to is a dynamic, interesting point of discussion, some discussions mundane, some sublime. I enjoy both aspects as it's a form of entertainment and the dismissal of the entire process in such harsh fashion could also be construed as a little too focused.

Comment

• Dan
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Like people have been saying in their posts,I'm here because I'm a David Lee Roth Fan,Not a Spammy Fan dislike the Fat fucker.So should there be Spammy fans on here why not,because it's great talking the piss out of them.Long live David Lee Roth,peace
                        First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Jan 2004

Well, I'd tell you guys to grow up, but it didn't seem to work the first time.

Seriously, though, if you honestly have a problem with it, take it up with Sarge.

And Hitch ... I'm a casual Van Hagar fan, but Hitch loves Van Hagar.

I don't get much time anymore on the net; my new job blocks this site and DDLR so I'm not online as much anymore. It's also very mentally exhausting, so when I get home the idea of listening to a bunch of middle-aged men lecture me on the homosexuality of a band, or talk about cock is not high on my list.

Hopefully I'll get time to read on the weekends or something. You guys enjoy main and enjoy reliving your youth.

Oh yeah and fuck you all you no good fuckers!!
                          I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Big Troubles
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Feb 2004

Ouch! Looks like a nerve was touched. Jesus man, it was never meant to be personal. You were NEVER mentioned by name by anyone as a pro-Van Hagar fan moderater. The question was raised originally, Was it a conflict of interest to be one AND the other? Nobody ratted on anyone. Someone PM'd me asking what I thought about it. I did, and then noticed alot of Hagar threads with alot of Hagar supporters bashing Dave. Sometimes with maybe one or two of the Army's best defending his good name, without the help of some Mods. Kinda shitty seeing so many of these Hagar lovers- but still very entertaining making them wipe their ass with their bare hands with their simplistic views on what "Rock and Roll" really is. And isn't.
                            We're not just re-living our youth, we brought our youth to our current time frame and enjoy living it again. Because that's the power of Roth.
                            Enjoy it with us, instead of fighting against the grain.
                            And Ive invited Hitch to particapate in this discussion. Nothing yet.
                            I wasn't attacking you. Im still not. Be, do, listen to whatever you want. I dont care. Just as long as you realise that it IS a conflict to ride the fence and mod at the same time. You can keep doing it. Im not trying to have you tossed or anything. Shit Id like to see you stay here man. You have great posts. Its just something that we differ on. And we can leave it at that.

Comment

• TMR

Re: Disturbing Roth Army news?

I got an email asking me if I knew about some possible Van Hagar supporters actually modding this site. The Roth fucking Army!?
                              Is this true? How can this be a true Roth Army, when the people modding it and supporting it are also supporters of the enemy?
                              If you are a Van Hagar supporter- show yourself!
                              Sarge- Is this true?
                              If so, I dont think I want to be on the losing team. And if there are Sam supporting Mods here, then yes, this IS the losing team.
                              AMEN! No one should mod here if they are in favor of VAN HAGAR, this is a DAVID LEE ROTH site, not some loser drunkin VH site.

DR. LOVE should go and jump off the highest point on the bridge for supporting that crap.

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

Is this an actual discussion?

First off...I concur with Trouble on this to an extent. It's always about Roth vs. Hagar...plain and simple...I can't fathom how it can be anything but that...

Hagar sucks...he fucking sucks...he's everything Van Halen wasn't...isn't...ever should be...

He's fluff...of the fluff sort...

Roth's "fluff" was all about attitude...no...we're not talking about fucking U2 and Peter Gabriel trying to free the pygmies from a rapid pygmy anarchy...

we're talking about a band that was balls to the wall...not balls cupped in velveeta cheese...

It doesn't matter if it's 1978...or 2004...once it's there...it's there...

Once it's not...well...you have Van Hagar...

by the way...today marks the 26th anniversary of Van Halen 1 going gold...and I say goddamn...the album still fucking holds up...
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...