• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • binnie
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • May 2006

Originally posted by EVH FANATIC
    Nope.

No way Van Hagar sold 44 million records.
    I was thinking that too, cos they hardly ever toured Europe.

I wonder if Sam is including the sales that the six-pack clocked up whilst he was in VH?
    The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• diamondsgirl
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Apr 2004

Kinda asshol-ish, I think.

If Dave comes alone and is humble, he'll give him a nice speech?

Fuck you and your speech...moron

Dave will be how ever the fuck he wants to be.

Got it??

who the fuck does he think he is?

stay the fuck home
      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• bantonelli
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by MAX
        I have several scenerios regarding these statements from Hag...

He's either and finally both doing and saying what's right and paying homage to Dave in a respective fashin, which is something he should've done when he was given the keys back in '85. If The Round Rocker 'tis truly being sincere, then, I'll give him some credit. Still, it does not negate all of the shit he's both done and said over the last twenty years. BOTTOM LINE is that he's still a talentless asshole who got lucky.

Secondly, he might just be old and at peace knowing that his snugglebummy deal with Anthony is infact 1000% over with ever returning to Van Hagar. The Velveetapalooza kind of nailed that one in the coffin forever. Also, the mere FACTS that EVH has publicly named his son as Anthony's replacement and that of which we know for sure. Along with the lines that Dave will supposedly reprise the lead singer role for VH's latest tour of duty...

Then I still cannot help but to speculate that Spam KNOWS this whole show/induction will be filled with accolades to CVH and Roth. Hence, it being "Dave's Night" and Hagar just wants to be included.

However and again, I'll eat crow if Hagar's actually realized what we've all said for years now? I've heard that old age will infact give certain people moments of clarity and reality?

I'm also wondering if all of his kiss ass remarks are some sort of a plot? Meaning, he hopes that the ceremony implodes with either/and/or Dave and Edward taking potshots at Hagar and Anthony and Hagr's trying to do damage control prior so he can blame them when he's mocked?

Seriously, after all of these years I still worry. It's just like in Dave's book where Dave claims (regarding Alex's behavior) whether he's being "set up?"

I'm just hoping Hagar's been told that the night BELONGS to Dave, CVH, he's just a sidenote and NOT what the crowd wishes to celebrate. Sooooo and with all of that being said, I'm truly hoping reality has set in with Hag and that all of these remarks are sincere.

It's just hard for me to fathom this jealous moron praising Dave at this stage in the game unless he was given strict guidelines as to what is expected during the induction ceremony and he want's to fit in both however and wherever he can...

Lastly, this might most certainly be his (and Anthony's) last breath regarding VH. Especially IF there shall be a VH family tour featuring the return of Rock and Roll's GREATEST FRONTMAN at the helm. Seriously, one verse of Dave playing ANY song alongside Edward will eclipse ANYTHING that Spam can attempt that evening.

Again, this truly is an enigma...
        Nice. I agree.....SPAM realizes the RNRHOF is just not going to be "his" night to shine. It's all about CVH and DAVE.

YESSsssszzzzzz.
        "Meet us in the Future.....NOT the Pasture".......DLR, August '07, VH Press Conference - Tour '07-'08

Comment

• 4moreyears
          Commando
          • Oct 2004

Sammy comes across pretty humbled in this interview. It is noce to see him give Dave the majority of the credit and admit it is his night.

John

Comment

• binnie
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • May 2006

Originally posted by bantonelli
            Nice. I agree.....SPAM realizes the RNRHOF is just not going to be "his" night to shine. It's all about CVH and DAVE.

YESSsssszzzzzz.
            Yep, it's good to see that Spam is not as self-deluded as we all thought...

Comment

• DLR'sCock
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jan 2004

Well, Sam is doing alright in this interview for the most part and showing respect to Dave, and honestly, I hope that everyone is kool the night of the RNRHOF, and there is no fiasco.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

I want to watch Sam get his ass kicked by Eddie, Mike try to beat up Wolfgang and lose his toupee in the process, Wolfgang fall down and not be able to get back up, Valerie flash her titties, Alex break his neck for the 458th time, Gary Cherone crash the party, Dave pose a lot...

That'd be cool.
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• binnie
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob
                  I want to watch Sam get his ass kicked by Eddie, Mike try to beat up Wolfgang and lose his toupee in the process, Wolfgang fall down and not be able to get back up, Valerie flash her titties, Alex break his neck for the 458th time, Gary Cherone crash the party, Dave pose a lot...

That'd be cool.
                  With the exception of the titties, I reckon there's a pretty good chance that could all happen!

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Feb 2004

Fuck the RRHOF; these guys should hire Vince McMahon and duke it out at Wrestlemania XXIII.

Hell In The Cell Match

Eddie & Dave vs. Bassplayer & Ronald McHagar.
                    http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

He's a passive aggressive mother fucker. He's setting himself up to be the innocent party, all while already taking quiet jabs at Dave.

I see as many jabs as I do compliments.
                      “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Roth & Roll
                        Fuck the RRHOF; these guys should hire Vince McMahon and duke it out at Wrestlemania XXIII.

Hell In The Cell Match

Eddie & Dave vs. Bassplayer & Ronald McHagar.
                        LOL!

Ed and Dave would most certainly have the upper hand in this one, mostly due to Dave's martial arts and acrobatic athelticism.
                        =V V=
                        ole No.1 The finest
                        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                          He's a passive aggressive mother fucker. He's setting himself up to be the innocent party, all while already taking quiet jabs at Dave.

I see as many jabs as I do compliments.
                          Exactly.

While its always nice to hear someone praise Dave and CVH, I still don't trust Hagar.

=V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• knuckleboner
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bantonelli
                            Surprised how SPAM can be in business for himself and not know his mathematics.

VH sold more "millions" of records with DAVE....the statistics don't lie.

Van Hagar recorded more albums, BUT CVH albums sold more.
                            it's all about how you want to look at statistics.

sammy's probably seen some stat that says that from 1986 through 1996, van halen sold 44 million albums worldwide. hell, that might be true.

does it mean 44 million people bought OU812? uh, no. certainly of the 11 van halen albums while sammy was in the band, 6 were dave-era, and odds are those sold a few copies from 1986-1996.

now, i'm sure that at least 1 person out there bought WACF because they loved "why can't this be love." but i'm also sure that at least 1 person out there bought 5150 because they loved van halen from the previous 6 albums.

so, is it possible that van halen sold 44 million albums while sammy was in the band? yes. is it at all likely that sammy (or van hagar as a whole for that matter) is responsible for all 44 million albums sold? no. no chance.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                              Commando
                              • Mar 2006

well doesnt that interview with guitarworld come out this week?? i know there will be nothing of the hall of fame thing there since the interview is robably few months old but maybe it may give up some info on what is really going down???
                              Some people got a copy already.

And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                                Exactly.

While its always nice to hear someone praise Dave and CVH, I still don't trust Hagar.

As Lounge said...if he really feels the way he says he does, he should stay home and let it be about Dave and CVH

Comment

Working...