X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bo Nozos
    Roadie
    • Jun 2005

No one should be praising Sammy.

I agree with the people who think he's being completely passive-aggressive -- complimenting Dave with his right hand, subtly shitting on him with his left. I guess Sammy realizes that rock history is completely writing him off when it comes to Van Halen, so this is how he deals.

I also love the comment about him being at the ceremony "with bells on." If Sammy smells money, he's on it. No way he'd pass up a national TV audience. Look for him to find some way to advertise his booze/club -- wearing a t-shirt, flashing his Cabo Wabo tatoo, whatever.

Finally, the 44 million figure is a flat-out lie -- check out item number 9 on this list I put together a couple of years ago (not like I'm the first one to have pointed this out):

What a sad individual.
    Last edited by Bo Nozos; 01-11-2007, 02:02 AM.

Comment

• MAX
      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
      • Jan 2004

Look, I think DG said it best when painfullt admitting that it is a FACT (no matter how tone-deaf these people may be) that Van Hagar sold some records. Still, I don't agree that he should be involved in this induction. Especially considering the recent circumstances. This thing could be either really epic or downright awful.

Seriously, IF infact we have Dave fronting a new VH with the Halen kin being the actual band, they're (DLR, EVH, AVH and WVH) are seriously putting this thing together and the ball's currently rolling, Hagar needs to step the fuck aside and not make any waves.

Yes, the entire drama is a depressing and weird one. Especially cos Michael Anthony has every right to be up there accepting alongside the other original three. However, IF Hagar's presence fucks up any live performance, I'll be more than pissed.

I say that THE ORIGINAL BAND should plow throw a song or two for closure. Again, I don't know the plausibility cos of Edward's blatant and recent disliking of Anthony?

This whole thing leaves a weird taste in one's mouth.

Again, I say let the original four accept the award, if Spam HAS to be there, let him do it SEPARATELY and as the "Other Half" with Anthony as to not make any further waves and DON'T ask for a "duet" with Dave... Get it through your tequila-pickled brain, DAVE DOESN'T NOR HAS HE EVER WANTED TO ASSOCIATE HIMSELF WITH ANYTHING POST 1985!!!

I also think having Dave and THE VH's tearing through a classic song or two might shut a few up and actually get peeps stoked for the upcoming tour, if it actually smokes!!!

Then we can let Hag, Anthony and whatever "buddies" of Spam's join in on some Van Hagar "tribute" songs.

Dunno if my point's coming across in type but with the reactions thus far, Hagar's the one I'm worried about fucking this thing up.

Again, it's a very fragile scenerio. I'm pretty sure Dave both knows and realizes this.

Hagar should just stay the fuck away if Edward doesn't want him there.
      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

it's an "ok-read" so far...one thing is clear...hagar is absolutely thorugh with VH. he knows that it's over for him and seems to have stopped fighting for his place in this band...

but...for the ceremony I'd just like to quote dave...we look at him and say "you weren't there..."
        Roth Army Icon
        First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• StretchOnBass
          Groupie
          • Oct 2006

Bring me up to speed. What was the Eddie/Mike fallout over? The way I see it, Eddie has fallouts with everybody.
          They don't make em like they used to.

Comment

• diamondsgirl
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by StretchOnBass
            Bring me up to speed. What was the Eddie/Mike fallout over? The way I see it, Eddie has fallouts with everybody.
            Mike said some shit about Ed and then he and Sam started referring to themselves as "the other half". This pissed Ed off.

or

Ed wanted Wolfie in and had to push Mike out so he conveniently took offense to some shit Mike said.

You choose.
            “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
              • Apr 2004

The classiest thing Hagar could do is stay away. His name will still be in, but the original 4 will have their moment of glory as it should be.

And, who knows, with out Hagar there, maybe Ed and Mike will shake hands. If Hagar is there, that probably (who knows??) won't happen.

if Hagar REALLY wants what's best for everyone, thats what he'll do
              “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• amadeus
                Head Fluffer
                • Jun 2004

I think that Ed will 'debut' Wolfie at the induction for reactions sake and sadly leave MA off the stage altogether. Like I have seen in other posts here, this does leave a weird tatste in one's mouth.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Meh.

For Sam to be saying the things about Dave now that he should have been saying all along, just kinda rings hollow.

Far as inflating his record sales with Van Halen, he's been doing that all along.

Van Hagar sold, what, 18 million US? Give or take a couple of million either way? Or maybe it's 22 million, now? Point of the matter is that Van Hagar weren't a commercial flop, and I'll even rack up several million of those CVH sales to people having bought the same albums in varying formats over the years. Even so, CVH still handily outsold Van Hagar. Sam should just be content with it.

I'll laugh out loud when someone interviewing him finally calls him on his bullshit estimates, though.
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Roth & Roll
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                    Mike said some shit about Ed and then he and Sam started referring to themselves as "the other half". This pissed Ed off.

or

Ed wanted Wolfie in and had to push Mike out so he conveniently took offense to some shit Mike said.

You choose.
                    or...

Ed wanted MA out of the band as far back as 1980; when Ed wanted to replace him with Billy Sheehan before Dave talked him out of it; and MA WOULD have been out of the band in 2004 were it not for him signing away all of his rights to the VH name along with Ronald McHagar stepping in in MA's defense to keep him in the band for the 2004 fiasco when Ed wanted to fire him. It's actually a miracle that MA lasted as long as he did with the band.
                    http://i1110.photobucket.com/albums/...oker-small.jpg

Comment

• binnie
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • May 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      and I'd be VERY surprised if his solo work is ever even nominated...

There is more chance of Bush getting the Nobel Peace Prize!
                      The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• binnie
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • May 2006

Sam Hagar is gonna be at the show, if for no other reason than its another reason to flog his tequila to the world!
                        The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Nov 2004

its a miracle any body lasts in that band ..... 3 lead singers and know a bass player change ..... whats next ?

Comment

• Bo Nozos
                            Roadie
                            • Jun 2005

Hagar is a proven liar. There's no room for argument -- the guys just fucking LIES about all kinds of stuff. Unfortunately, he's never tried to bullshit a journalist who knows better -- or who has the balls to call him on it.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Terry

Van Hagar sold, what, 18 million US? Give or take a couple of million either way? Or maybe it's 22 million, now?
                              18 million US.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• rustoffa
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
                                Van Hagar sold, what, 18 million US? Give or take a couple of million either way? Or maybe it's 22 million, now?
                                There's a variable regarding the Van Hagar sales numbers. I'm referring to the folks that purchased whatever Van Hagar product, and didn't like the shit. Now, to be fair...it's still a purchase, and without some sort of taste-based-census? There's arguably MILLIONS of folks out there that are repeat cuntstomers.

Non-hard-rockin' fuckers.

Dipshits that have no tolerance of dynamic, often menacing displays of hard-rocking-atmospherics. These are the same fucking people that flip out at a four-way-stop, instead of snaking the order. They choke down honeybuns, yoo-hoos', and Zima on the weekends. Robins full of worm shit go out of their way to expel their tiny bowels on these fuckers.

Thank goodness the Van Halen figures are higher. In a way, it validates faith in humanity.

Comment

Working...