No More Van Hagar Negativity At This Site Or Fucking Else...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sarge's Little Helper
    Commando
    • Mar 2003

Hitch can relate to Spammy cause they have something in common. They are both number two. Number One is the only thing that matters...I ain't trying to start crap with you Hitch... I have seen your name around here alot, just usually not on threads where I am reading/posting, and so I have nothing personal going on...but I do have a few comments to share.

First Kudos to you, Thank you for getting Sarge to reopen this site. This site is great. And so on and so forth...

Unrelated, but to your post elsewhere about wanting to be called Doug. First time I met Dave he was using the name Doug... but that was in '77 and is of no importance here. Just found it interesting, thats all. And yes I did read your followup post that is really your name.

Negativity is not allowed here? I thought it was what fueled the place. My bad. When I first started visiting this site, I was repeatedly slammed for even admmitting I liked Ed, Alex and Mike, in addition to Dave. And at that time, my respect for Van Hager actually amounted to something worth getting my ass chewed for. For various reasons that respect declines more every day, and I feel this is an appropriate place to convene with others who feel the same and release those feelings. WTF?

Next. When I read your praise about the new release-I am one of those people who thought it was sarcasm-honestly. If you like that song, its your perogative....listen to it a million times... I won't criticize you for it (I will feel sorry for you-but I don't judge). Hell, I even love the song Dreams, and think Right Now is not only an awsome song, but that the vidoe has mucho merit as well. Party with Dave...Party with Spam and Ed...invite Dave to party with you, Spam and Ed. (he might even be there anyway, though those chances are looking pretty slim these days) 1992 was a long time ago, and things change. I hope you are not dissappointed. Spam is the only one of the five that I have not met and conversed with in person...Back in 1983 I thought they were pretty fucking alright too. Then shit happens. But lets cease with the sensless rambling and get back on track.

Now lets talk about the song, shall we? I would have liked to heard the uncut version. Maybe that would have "worked" better. My honest opinion of that song, it that it is sooo much less than what I was hoping for, even if it were a halfway decent song I wouldn't like it. Could be that whatever they did when they "reworked" it to make it radio friendly (or tried to transform a Dave song into Spam material, or whatever they did) completely fucked it up. But here are the depressing facts about that.

What we are left dealing with is a compromised version of Van Halen. What the boys did back in the late 70's early 80's was amazing. When you are new like they were then, its acceptable to "sell out". You do covers, play for the public, basically you do what you need to do to make the record companies happy, your producers happy, the fans happy, and to get your name out there and make your buck. When you are celebrating your 25th anniversary-you dont. By now the almight dollar should have lost its allure. By this time, you should be so well established that if people don't like what you are doing, fuck 'em. By the time you have been in the music industry for 25 years you should know what you want, what you like, what works for you, and you should just play the shit out of it cause it feels good. I dont sense that "feeling good" in this music. We keep hearing about Ed's 10 albums worth of material...Where the hell is it? I'll tell ya what... I don't really want to hear stuff that has been in the "vault" for 8 -10 years. Ed's art is creating and that is what I expect from him. Its not what we are getting.

Classic Van Halen was at that point in 1984. They could have put out anything they wanted-and fans would have (did) bought (buy) the shit out of it. But you can't screw with your fans the way these people have. Heres what I think about this new song: Heres what I want to play (the original)-heres what you want to hear (the remix)-heres where we compromise. Fuck that. Artistic Expression is not a compromise. Once you compromise, you loose any qualitative value it may have had at one point in time. Fans who have been loyal to these guys for 25 years deserve more than a 2 cd set of songs that have already been reproduced to death. And with only three new songs-those songs really need to kick ass. You can't bull shit your way into the hall of fame...you gotta earn it.

Now, about the album, whats the name of that again. The Very Best of...no wait... The Best of Both Worlds...think again. That name would fit if it did feature the best of both worlds...but so far it doesn't, and apparently is not going to. I personally am all for a full reunion including David and Spam. Would find it quite fitting. However, producing live versions of Dave music with Spam singing is just not cool... Not kosher at all. Why not just stick with live versions of spam music if they are going to stick with spam? Or better yet...why not throw another new song or two on their. After all those three songs are already on the album once...

Whatever dude. Turn this place into a Sammy Roy Hagar Army. It will then by my choice to avoid it like the plague. Until then, lay off of people who call the shit like they see it and try not to take it so personal. I think for the most part, its all in fun.
    Oops. I wasn't paying attention. Tell me again what is going on.
    "I decided to name my new band DLR because when you say David Lee Roth people think of an individual, but when you say DLR you think of a band. Its just like when you say Edward Van Halen, people think of an individual, but when you say Van Halen, you think of…David Lee Roth, baby!"!

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
      That's it, your ass is banned pal. Banned! Dont even think of logging on to this site again. Your fucking gone. Your banned. Hear me? Banned? Who's next? That's right! I will ban your ass too. oops, sorry. had a little Hitchy fit there.
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• distortion9
        Sniper
        • Mar 2004

Yeah but Spermmy is such a fucking tool. Look, here's proof.

Just peep that cocksucking, faggot motherfucker. The "man" is clearly a red, cocksucking, tool, faggot assed, motherfucking, no talent pussy.

I mean.....just LOOK!
        http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...sternsucks.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y80...9e45f7d735.jpg

Your mom's box!

Comment

• Mezro
          Full Member Status

• May 2004

Originally posted by hitch1969©
          Who's NEXT????

You fuckers are like John Bender and I am the Principal on that movie.
          More like Carl the Janitor.

Mezro..how goes it there Hitch?
          Got me a date with a shaved Asian. I know, I know; I think it's fucked!

Comment

• Big Troubles
            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Mezro
            More like Carl the Janitor.

Mezro..how goes it there Hitch?
            LMAO I agree. I see a broom and dustpan in Hitch's hand.
            "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• vanhalendlrband
              Groupie
              • Jan 2004

i read this whole thing...did i miss something? I know what its about but all this is not the way of the DLR Army, it says i joined in 2004 but i've been visiting DLRArmy and DLRND for years, longtime reader. And if there's anywhere we should be able to trash Van Smagar it is on this site right here. The DLRArmy!
              When you think of Van Halen you think of David Lee Roth.

Comment

• DaveIsKing
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Hey, TRAILER HITCHCOCK...

You only open your mouth to SWITCH FEET.
                PROPERTY OF DaveIsKing©

YOUR GIRLFRIEND = OWNED

Comment

• lms
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Sarge's Little Helper
                  Okay one more time...

Hitch and Spam are both # 2; I love this site; Negativity fuels this place; I used to like Van Hagar, but not any more. (for various reasons.); Hitch is free to listen to whatever floats his boat and to party with whoever he wants, or whoever wants to party with him.

Spam sucks; "Its about time" sucks; The new album; whatever they call it is gonna suck and most important WHO REALLY GIVES A FUCK ANYWAY?
                  "Remember, life is just a game and no one gets out alive"

Comment

• Angel
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I WILL TURN THIS SITE INTO THE GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING SAMMY ROY HAGAR ARMY IF I HAVE TO!!!!=h69=

Do me a favour hitch, after you change it, go over to DDLR and let Fabulous Shadow know. That "woman" needs a Hagar site!
                    "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• pete
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

well like a good POLITICIAN™, you sideswipe the issues that you cannot address, which is deference to superior intellect:

1. Van Halen mach III live from the 10spot (and Cherone fingering himself)
                      2. Grant Fisher, vhnd dot com dot net dot org
                      3. that melodicrock homo that we all hate, Andrew the Fag™.

I need you tonight. Cause I'm not sleepin....

that's number 4, my big black ******.

uh uh u uh uh uhuhuhuh uhuhuhuh u h

deviate, segregrate, loveyourmate, anticipate, masturbate.. blah frickty blah

Let me kill this FOSTERS oil can and then I'll be to bed. We can light the torch together when you are less menstrual.

PS you're banned and never coming back. it's about time!!!

paint it red on black and turn your clock back, motherfucker!!!!!

BREASTS ON THE BARBIE!!

=h69=
                      don't forget Midnight Oil.

Comment

• seenbad
                        Commando
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Angel
                        Do me a favour hitch, after you change it, go over to DDLR and let Fabulous Shadow know. That "woman" needs a Hagar site!
                        Angel, dear, she'll be here in no time. You're here? She's here. Trust me on that one.
                        sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• ZOSO
                          Groupie
                          • May 2004

What could possibly drive someone to go on a rampage like this (Well, besides listening to "It's About Time")? Hitch, chill out dude. Being such an old member you should know what this place is:It's the fucking Meca for DLR fans. I've been here less than a week and I know that much. It's the only place where we can come and actually be BIASED!

Words of wisdom from me to you: Grab a bottle of Cabo Wabo & straighten some shit out, preferably starting w/ your endorsement of Van Hagar.

Comment

• Angel
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by seenbad
                            Angel, dear, she'll be here in no time. You're here? She's here. Trust me on that one.
                            Yes, I know.... she WANTS me! I have to admit though, I'd rather fight with men any day...women are tacky and use claws, I grew up with brothers, give me the boxing gloves instead anyday!
                            "Ya know what they say about angels... An angel is a supernatural being or spirit, usually humanoid in form, found in various religions and mythologies. Plus Roth fan boards..."- ZahZoo April 2013

Comment

• seenbad
                              Commando
                              • Jan 2004

I'll kick your ass bitch.

sheepa lotta peepa dahba looka fo uh moopy

Comment

• Angel
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Jan 2004

See, that's what I mean, straight forward, no hair pulling, no biting, no scratching...

You'd better be wearing a cup next time you say that, asshole

And that's snooty bitch to you!

Comment

Working...