Nobody @ DLRArmy likes "It's About Time"...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • General Hina
    Sniper
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by flappo
    ..the last time dave did a wet fart it prob. sounded a kazillion times better than anything that spammy can warble out of his grate fat gob
    You should run out and buy a copy of "Diamond Dave" it is filled with wet farts.

General Hina

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
      Veteran
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Daves PA rental
      "Nobody @ DLRArmy likes "It's About Time"...

And nobody @DLRArmy likes you.

Leave, pussy.
      L M A O !!!!!
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
      http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
        Veteran
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lms
        A turkey was chatting with a bull. "I would love to be able to get to =20
        the top of that tree," sighed the turkey, "but I haven't got the energy."
        "Well, why don't you nibble on some of my droppings?" replied the bull. "They're packed with nutrients."The turkey pecked at a
        lump of dung, and found it actually gave him enough strength to reach the lowest branch of the tree. The next day, after eating some more dung, he reached the second branch. Finally after a fourth night, the turkey was proudly perched at the top of the tree. He was promptly spotted by a farmer, who shot him out of the tree.

Moral - Bull shit might get you to the top, but it won't keep you there.
        Excellent point....for all you Fagarita Hagaritas.....
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
        http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by General Hina
          You should run out and buy a copy of "Diamond Dave" it is filled with wet farts.

General Hina
          hey gayneral hina...did your childish behavior here made you any younger? your age dropped from 44 to 36 ... or did you just turn the clock back as your master has told you?
          Roth Army Icon
          First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Panamark
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jan 2004

That tune has an ok Riff, shitty lyrics, shittier than normal screeching by hagar (he sounds like he is trying too hard) and the moment everyone of us guitarists who have idolized "The Man" EVH were waiting for. The Solo ! And that my friends is the saddest part. EVH is not *BACK*. Anyone of us Mofo's or the thousands of other Hard Rock and Metal guitarists around the world could play this shit. Sure its great to actually hear Ed play guitar again, but he has lost the magic. Could Dave's influence bring that back ? Fuck knows now...

But Spammy cut and pasted over this lame effort is not what any of the fans have been waiting for. Both Roth and Hagar fans alike.

I hope for the sake of the Spamsters that this is the weakest of the three tracks, and I hope for the sake of the thousands of guitarists around the world that held hope that EVH would be *BACK* that Ed rips up a Solo from hell on one of these other tracks. Im majorly bummed by this track, Im actually worried (all joking aside) that EVH no longer has *IT*..

This is fucked for both lots of fans, if there ever was to be a real reunion we would need EVH back in good form. There could not be Van Halen without it. The Spamsters may settle for a watered down EVH, but I dont think the true Van Halen fans will swallow it...

C'mon ED !! Ten albums worth of material, fine, but can you stil play lead breaks ??
            BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
            Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• tjvhou812
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

i think the song is strong....
              vh is back
              Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

• Hecubus
                Foot Soldier
                • Jan 2004

The song is decent. The lyrics are uninspired.
                "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Hecubus
                  Foot Soldier
                  • Jan 2004

Or should I say, the MUSIC is decent....
                  "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                  "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                  "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                  "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                  "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                  "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                  "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                  "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                  "N--- yeah."

Comment

• Dr. Love
                    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                    • Jan 2004

I've been showing the song around to neutral people around San Antonio to gauge reactions, and so I've had to listen to the song a lot.

I don't mind the music so much, but it has a more modern edge to it. Reminds me of Godsmack and Disturbed, bands which I like. The vocals and melodies still turn me off.

The reaction has been bland at best. Most people only listen to it once and most of the time not even all of it. I don't think this is going to be overly well-recieved on a large scale. It's a filler song.
                    I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Lou

Pfft it has no modern edge except for the very beginning riff before Spamster sings. But once they go into that chorus and the part just before the chorus, it sounds like "Runaround." The main part of the verse sounds like "Humans Being."

Even when Eddie is trying to do something new, when Sammy Hagar enters the picture there's no escaping that boring, generic Van Hagar sound, never mind the clichéd, ripped-off lyrics.

In short, except the introduction, you could plop this song on FUCK and it'd blend right in.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

I've played it around for a bunch of folks... most like the riffage but about 80% of the people when they hear the first sound of Sammy's voice they go... Oh so Sammy is back with a funny little cringe in their face... then go... I liked em better w/ Dave. The they kinda casually blow it off... The only ones that thought the whole thing was cool were mostly friends of my kids in the 13-15 yr old age group and don't know any better...
                        "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• Warham
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Mar 2004

Play those 13-15 year olds some cuts from Fair Warning. They'll never be deceived again by any so-called 'cool' riffage Ed puts out anymore.

Comment

• Dr. Love
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Lou
                            Pfft it has no modern edge except for the very beginning riff before Spamster sings. But once they go into that chorus and the part just before the chorus, it sounds like "Runaround." The main part of the verse sounds like "Humans Being."

Even when Eddie is trying to do something new, when Sammy Hagar enters the picture there's no escaping that boring, generic Van Hagar sound, never mind the clichéd, ripped-off lyrics.

In short, except the introduction, you could plop this song on FUCK and it'd blend right in.
                            I'm talking guitar tone.

The music itself... sounds like it's taken from a lot of songs. Hear About it Later, Fools, Dirty Movies, Me Wise Magic, a very small bit of Panama...

I don't think it'd fit in well with FUCK, though, cause of Sammy. His voice on FUCK at least blended in with their processed sound. In this, he doesn't blend well with the more raw tone.
                            I've got the cure you're thinkin' of.

http://i.imgur.com/jBw4fCu.gif

Comment

• Lou

Oh God don't even try to compare it to classic Van Halen. And as far as the tone goes it's the same stupid tone as the 1998 Gayry tour. I hate that tone, it sounds like there's something wrong with the amplifier.

Here's how I describe the tones:

1978--the Formula One sound
                              1979--the razor edge sound
                              1980--the fat sound
                              1981--the brown sound
                              1982--the laid back sound
                              1984--the gritty sound (except the synth songs)

This sound: the 1998 Gayry tour sound

Hmm Hear About It Later, Dirty Movies, Fools, It's About Time...isn't there a Sesame Street song that goes along the lines of "One of these things is not like the other"?

Perhaps I was wrong, maybe it doesn't fit on FUCK. It fits on Venereal Herpes III somewhere between "Without You" and "Fire In The Hole."

Comment

• guwapo_rocker

It fits on Venereal Herpes III somewhere between "Without You" and "Fire In The Hole."
                                UH HUH UH HUH!!!

Comment

Working...