Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DavidLeeNatra
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

isn't there a "gone but not forgotten"-thread somewhere on some gay site for "mikey"?

why don't you discuss this shit over there...
    Roth Army Icon
    First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• ELVIS
      Banned
      • Dec 2003

Thank you Plexi...

A lot of these posters are just idiots when it comes to really understanding music...

Comment

• if6was9
        Head Fluffer
        • Mar 2007

Elvis: Yeah... the REAL understanding of music. Tell me about it, oh great guru.

Plexi: Alex being one of the best rock drummers ever? Are you sure? Have you ever listened to anything else but Van Halen?
        Last edited by if6was9; 04-11-2007, 01:27 AM.
        Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• Van Squalenn
          Roth Army Recruit
          • Apr 2007

It should totally be Mike. I love that tangy sauce of his.

Oww! Van Squalen out.
          I was living Van Halen -- classic Van Halen -- before most of you were itches in your mommy's crotch. What does that have to do with anything? Beats me. I just like to put it out there to try and make it seem like my opinion matters more than yours.

My hero: http://www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com/

Comment

• Plexi Head
            Head Fluffer
            • May 2005

Originally posted by if6was9
            Elvis: Yeah... the REAL understanding of music. Tell me about it, oh great guru.

Plexi: Alex being one of the best rock drummers ever? Are you sure? Have you ever listened to anything else but Van Halen?
            Alex being ONE of the best rock drummers of all time? Yes I'm sure.

How many drummers out there that you can tell it's them the second you hear them? I can count em on one hand.

Again, I aint talking bout wankery, I'm talking about sound and groove. When it came time for technique the guy had that in spades too.

Funny, most tribute bands that try and play Van Halen can kinda nail the guitars and vocals but hardly ever the drums.

Only guy I saw live pull off Alex Van Halen was Virgil Donnati, see I do get out and listen to other musicians.

In all my days I never thought I would see Elvis say thankyou to anyone, I'm not even sure it is Elvis, did someone hijack his computer?

One thing I know for sure is that Elvis does have an idea about what costitutes good musicianship and good music. His opinion of Brian Young is tetimony to that.
            "One mouthful of you will rot every tooth in my mouth you little sugar"

Comment

• if6was9
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Plexi Head
              Only guy I saw live pull off Alex Van Halen was Virgil Donnati, see I do get out and listen to other musicians.
              Sure, you are listening to Van Halen and Van Halen cover bands. It's a big variety.

Comment

• Plexi Head
                Head Fluffer
                • May 2005

Sure, you are listening to Van Halen and Van Halen cover bands. It's a big variety.
                Glad you understood the irony of my post.

Comment

• ELVIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2003

Dude, I've been a guitarist for nearly 30 years and my playing speaks for itself...

I'm also a bass player and a drummer...

I have a pretty good understanding of rock music as do quite a few people on this website...

You, obviously, are not one of them...

Comment

• if6was9
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
                    I have a pretty good understanding of rock music as do quite a few people on this website...

You, obviously, are not one of them...
                    As I said, the f&%king guru! The only one who understands rock music, and the one to set the standards of understanding.

Man, I'm impressed with your buffoonery.
                    Last edited by if6was9; 04-11-2007, 05:12 AM.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

But you're the buffoon, if you can't listen to Fair Warning and realize that the drums and bass on that album are some of the best ever caught on tape...

Comment

• if6was9
                        Head Fluffer
                        • Mar 2007

I always wondered why you guys so uncritically repeat "Fair Waning", "Fair Warning", "Fair Warning"... Like it was the highest achievement in the history of heavy metal. This album is so pompous, so... un-VH. How about the better half of "1984": "Drop Dead Legs", "Hot For Teacher", "Top Jimmy", "Panama" and the best of them all - "Girl Gone Bad"? This is the rock band working like a machine. But AFAIK, Mike's input for this LP was marginal.

Comment

• if6was9
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Mar 2007

BTW, As for the best drums & bass "ever caught on tape", I'd rather dig for some funk or fusion records.

Comment

• Plexi Head
                            Head Fluffer
                            • May 2005

BTW, As for the best drums & bass "ever caught on tape", I'd rather dig for some funk or fusion records.
                            Try digging on the B side. Ever heard a song called Push comes to shove?
                            Funk and fusion all in the one song and it's all done without masturbation. (And the best fusion solo "ever caught pn tape")

Difference between Van Halen and funk or fusion as you put is the one and only Diamond Dave singing his ass off.

Christ, have you listened to Holdsworths pitiful vocalists over the years?

The fact that you call Fair Warning un-Van Halen indicates you aint nuth'n but a fucking troll anyhow.

Comment

• if6was9
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Plexi Head
                              Try digging on the B side. Ever heard a song called Push comes to shove?
                              Funk and fusion all in the one song and it's all done without masturbation. (And the best fusion solo "ever caught pn tape")

Difference between Van Halen and funk or fusion as you put is the one and only Diamond Dave singing his ass off.

Christ, have you listened to Holdsworths pitiful vocalists over the years?

The fact that you call Fair Warning un-Van Halen indicates you aint nuth'n but a fucking troll anyhow.
                              Wow!!! So basically you believe that the only diferrence between funk/fusion and VH is Dave's voice? That's extremely interesting. Is it pure dilettantism or your "irony" again?

And what made you think that "Push Comes to Shove" has something to do with funk or fusion? The groove, the scales, the harmonies? Listen to some Marcus Miller or Bootsy Collins stuff, you'll have an overall idea.

I love "Unchained" and "Hear About It Later", but IMHO "Fair Warning" is inauthentic Van Halen, if you prefer.
                              Last edited by if6was9; 04-11-2007, 08:36 AM.

Comment

• Plexi Head
                                Head Fluffer
                                • May 2005

Wow!!! So basically you believe that the only diferrence between funk/fusion and VH is Dave's voice? That's extremely interesting. Is it pure dilettantism or your "irony" again?

And what made you think that "Push Comes to Shove" has something to do with funk or fusion? The groove, the scales, the harmonies? Listen to some Marcus Miller or Bootsy Collins stuff, you'll have an overall idea.

I love "Unchained" and "Hear About It Later", but IMHO "Fair Warning" is inauthentic Van Halen, if you prefer.
                                The last good thing Marcus Miller did was fucking Tutu with Miles.
                                I aint heard nuth'n but fucking sanitised crap from him in recent years. How much of that shit can ya listen to without getting board. Seriously, the guy needs to lay off the compressor too, jesus.

Bootsy been god damn playing the same shit for forty years.

Dude, I do have an overall idea, that you have no idea. This is a fucking David Lee Roth site and you are fucking talking about how we should all go listen to funk and save our poor lost rock & roll souls.

You have a small opinion of yourself dontcha?

If I wanna listen to funk I listen to Prince, at least he adds some originality, creativity, interest and some fucking balls.

Fucking Marcus Miller, sheesh.

Comment

Working...