X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Terry
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by lonnieg5
    You know what Eddie's real problem is? He's just as happy sitting in 5150 noodling around as he is onstage in front of 20,000 of us. He's rich so he doesn't need the money. He has no motivation at all to go through with the renunion. And honestly, if I were in his shoes, I may not either.

Would you?
    Kinda confused as to why all the EVH licensed guitar gear is so overpriced, then.

Suppose if Ed cared about his fans and didn't need the money, he'd make sure to keep his stuff affordable...

Sonner or later that cash infusion from 2004 will run out, and he's gonna need that Roth reunion for retirement.

Hope for his sake there will be enough fans that still actually give a shit about a reunion when he comes to his senses.

On the other hand, fuck him [unless he releases the CVH vaulted stuff ].
    Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• Halen High
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by stratmaster90
      Hey now, Don't go blamin Sammy for all this crap with the last tour....
      Good ol'e Ed did his part by leaning on amps and letting it feed back and at one point telling the crowd "I dun Run outta Gas" and crashing out in the middle of the show.
      Stunts like that are the reason that tour went down in flames.along with the fact that nobody bought their " were tighter than ever " bullshit song after the nasty break the first time, people knew that it was about the cash and not a "real" tour and band arrangement.
      For years, promoters have said that the ultimate show will be BOTH singers with van halen.
      Everybody gets thier own tour bus, Dave opens the show with classic VH, 20min intermission, Sammy comes out, they play all the "Van Hagar" era hits, brief interlude while they take a Piss and then all 5 Yes, all 5, sammy ,and Dave, plus the other 3 hit the stage for an encore. im a fan of good music I dont really give a shit who is singing as long as Ed is playing guitar! I support Eddie 110% but firmly Blame him for most of the current crap the band has been through due to his delusional thinking courtesy of drugs and booze and mismanagment from the git go. (after ed Lefler)
      No, the Van Hagar reunion was doomed long before word of Eddie's problems got out.

The writing was on the wall at their second show in Hershey, PA on June 13, when just 11,345 turned up to the 21,572 capacity venue. And only 7,596 showed up to the 15,573 capacity HSBC Arena in Buffalo, NY on June 14.

The problem was a lack of interest in a Van Hagar reunion.

In Australia, the BOBW album lasted about 3 weeks on our official ARIA top 50 album chart, peaking at about 36. In contrast, GNR released a compilation at the same time that made the top 10 and spent about 6 months in the top 50 (with no new material or US 'reunion tour' to promote it!).

The rock world wants a CVH reunion, or at the very least Dave back and working with Eddie again. One of the all-tme great songwriting partnerships in rock n'roll history.

Not the uninspired, bland, dumb rock of the Van Hagar years.
      Last edited by Halen High; 04-21-2007, 05:24 AM.

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chi-town324
        Fuckwits...i like that word!
        I called my 2nd grade teacher a fuckwit. It just kinda stuck with me over the years...
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• FORD
          ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by stratmaster90

For years, promoters have said that the ultimate show will be BOTH singers with van halen.
          Everybody gets thier own tour bus, Dave opens the show with classic VH, 20min intermission, Sammy comes out, they play all the "Van Hagar" era hits, brief interlude while they take a Piss and then all 5 Yes, all 5, sammy ,and Dave, plus the other 3 hit the stage for an encore.
          Look here, sheep. It ain't rocket science.... (pardon the pun)

Van HALEN will never, ever open for Van Hagar. That shit could fly in 2002, because it was Dave & Sammy on their own and neither has exactly had a stellar solo career, at least as far as the bean counters measure it.

But you add the Lying Dutchmen and Sauce Boy into the mix, and it becomes an entirely different scenario.

IF a Van HALEN/Van Hagar combo tour ever happenned, Sammy and the Chedheads who worship him would have to accept that Van Hagar is the opening act. Not alternate nights. Every fucking show on the tour. Because it is Van HALEN which continues to sell records. It is Van HALEN who continues to get daily airplay on classic rock radio. It is Van HALEN which inspires the teenagers today who are smart enough to look beyond the American Idol/Recycled Rap/Creed/Fallout Fags/bullshit rammed down their throats.

But I doubt the tour would even happen under that agreement, because frankly, the Lying Dutchmen ain't Bruce Springsteen. They ain't gonna make it through a 3 - 4 hour show, and they ain't cutting the Van HALEN set to 90 minutes to make sure all the cheese ballads get in.

Houston we have a problem....Velveeta is clogging the engines!!!
          Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Oct 2004

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I really couldn't.
            Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Shaun Ponsonby
              Couldn't have said it better myself.

I really couldn't.
              But I'm sure it's not going to stop you from trying...
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

Van Rothagar would never fucking fly, anyway....even if God Himself ordered it, it'd implode three shows into the tour, if it even got THAT far. Any fule no dat.
                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                  SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

A FULL, 100% original reunion tour would be Dave's moment...

The hell with Sam, it's too early for a "bi-Halen" blend.

Van Halen needs it originals, then they need to work on an album, then tour as a real, working band.

Comment

• PlexiBrown
                    Commando
                    • Mar 2006

Kinda confused as to why all the EVH licensed guitar gear is so overpriced, then.
                    It all boils down to supply and demand.
                    And God heard the voice of the lad. Then the angel of God called to Hagar out of heaven, and said to her, “What ails you, Hagar? Genesis 21:17

Comment

• Shaun Ponsonby
                      ROTH ARMY ELITE
                      • Oct 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                      But I'm sure it's not going to stop you from trying...
                      Usaually in this situation I would.

But, I really cun't be arsed.
                      Fast & Bulbous, Got Me?

Comment

• bueno bob2
                        Groupie
                        • Apr 2007

stupid alias shit post deleted
                        Last edited by FORD; 04-29-2007, 11:49 AM.
                        come on dave gimme a break

Comment

• Seagate5150
                          Full On Cocktard
                          • Apr 2007

Why did you join this site if you prefer Spam over DLR? Please explain, I'm very confused...

Comment

• Cult of Roth
                            Roadie
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by FORD
                            Look here, sheep. It ain't rocket science.... (pardon the pun)

Van HALEN will never, ever open for Van Hagar. That shit could fly in 2002, because it was Dave & Sammy on their own and neither has exactly had a stellar solo career, at least as far as the bean counters measure it.

But you add the Lying Dutchmen and Sauce Boy into the mix, and it becomes an entirely different scenario.

IF a Van HALEN/Van Hagar combo tour ever happenned, Sammy and the Chedheads who worship him would have to accept that Van Hagar is the opening act. Not alternate nights. Every fucking show on the tour. Because it is Van HALEN which continues to sell records.
                            Oh, I don't know, it might be kind of amusing to see 1/2 to 3/4 of the audience melt away at the intermission. Tell me that wouldn't fuck with sammy's ego

No chance all of them touring together will ever happen though. I don't care how much money is in it, they'd kill each other at some point.
                            Roth EUAS Militia

Comment

• VanHalener
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Hagar does not need to pop out of the closet like the boogie man onto a Van Halen reunion tour stage. If he does, I'll be forced to use a secret weapon...

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKwMMCwfZ_s"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jKwMMCwfZ_s" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>
                              ~Only you can prevent low volume~

Comment

• bueno bob2
                                Groupie
                                • Apr 2007

stupid alias shit post deleted
                                Last edited by FORD; 04-29-2007, 11:50 AM.
                                come on dave gimme a break

Comment

Working...