Clear All
  • LstLkly2Succeed
    Groupie
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by JMJ
    www.melodicrock.com

taken from andrew...

VAN HALEN LOOKING AT 2007 LIVE DATES:
    So, the word has started to leak...Van Halen are setting up a tour for 2007 and should everything fall into place it will start sooner rather than later. David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Wolfgang Van Halen have gotten together and parties involved in all aspects of the Van Halen machine are mobilizing to get this tour set up. I can confirm dates and venues are being penciled in. There isn't much more I can say at this time, but safe to say should everything go to plan (and we all know how things can change with these guys), the band should hit the road for US dates starting in September.

I won't trust it until I'm watching them on stage.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months.

~Oscar Wilde

Comment

• if6was9
      Head Fluffer
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by tajmahal
      Are they going to pipe in MA's background vocals?
      Sammy and Gary can be hired to sing backing vocals. They already know the lyrics.
      Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• diamondsgirl
        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
        • Apr 2004

Re: melodicrock says tour to start in september

Originally posted by JMJ
        www.melodicrock.com

taken from andrew...

VAN HALEN LOOKING AT 2007 LIVE DATES:
        So, the word has started to leak...Van Halen are setting up a tour for 2007 and should everything fall into place it will start sooner rather than later. David Lee Roth, Eddie Van Halen, Alex Van Halen and Wolfgang Van Halen have gotten together and parties involved in all aspects of the Van Halen machine are mobilizing to get this tour set up. I can confirm dates and venues are being penciled in. There isn't much more I can say at this time, but safe to say should everything go to plan (and we all know how things can change with these guys), the band should hit the road for US dates starting in September.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

guess mike is out and wolf is in. one would think if september is a start date, tickets would be going on sale very soon, like this month

oh, hey max
        Great to see you here where you belong, JMJ!

Welcome to the Army.

This story will be interesting to follow. I hope it pans out. I'm trying not to get too excited so I'm not let down. Again.
        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
          • Apr 2004

Wolf will be a draw for sure. I think there are more people who are curious about EVH's kid than there are people who give a shit that Mike's gone.

BTW...if they have a legit tutor for the kid, he can be out of school. Lots of celeb kids do it. And he will get an education...for sure.

also...have you heard Mike's vocals lately?? :eek:

Its not like 1984.

Folks always say that about Dave, but its true about Mike.

Lets just say that Wolf can't sound any worse.
          “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Jesus. The thought of Wolfie playing bass does not excite me. Although, I'd love to see him spell the old man on guitar.

And for those pretending that not having Mike is just great and that he had no part in the distinctive sound of classic Van Halen, I think you're either fucking delusional or are just kidding yourselves.

The whole childish, high school-esque click thing of Dave and the boys vs. Sam and Mike is just beyond nauseating at this point. I could give a fuck if Mike wiping off Sam's dingleberries at this point --I still want to see him in Van Halen BECAUSE THAT'S THE REAL DEAL brothas' and sistas'!

You notice how Dave is completely mum of this whole thing? It's only Ed and Al that are tossing shitbombs at Mike (if you believe everything you read that is). Well, they've fucked up the act before and they'll just keep going with it. But the short memories here are astounding. Ed and Al are simply employing the same self-serving hatchet-man shit they used to bury in Dave's back. Edwad: "Oooooh, look at my son! He's a shreddah'! Unlike that cunt Mikey." Yeah, fuck Ed. The same shit, different guy. How's his singin' Ed? Does he have your grate pipes? Wasn't he talking about the new musical possibilities they had with Sam because they could now write pussified-power ballads in so many new keys, so long ago? Whatever, man. You know?

Well, enjoy whatever this amounts to while it lasts --if it happens at all. But fuck, I'm waiting for those two pricks to again screw Dave ala' MTV Awards style and hire the ex-Journey singer once they've generated a little buzz (to kill, later, with a means to yet be determined)... How many say I?

Call it what you want though. But it ain't classic Van Halen without Mike...
            Last edited by Nickdfresh; 07-02-2007, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
              SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl

Its not like 1984.

Yeah, well, neither are Dave's hun.'

Comment

• KING OF THE HIL
                Groupie
                • Mar 2004

THE ONLY CLUE WE CAN GO ON IS DAVE NOT SAYING ANYTHING AND NOT TOURING.

I WONDER IF M.A HAS HAD ANY TALKS WITH THE BROTHERS ABOUT THIS
                MIKE NEEDS TO BE APART OF THIS IF IT HAPPENS
                THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO PUT ICE TEA IN JACK DANIELS BOTTLES IS THE CLASH BABY

Comment

• Redballjets88
                  Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                  Wolf will be a draw for sure. I think there are more people who are curious about EVH's kid than there are people who give a shit that Mike's gone.

BTW...if they have a legit tutor for the kid, he can be out of school. Lots of celeb kids do it. And he will get an education...for sure.

Its not like 1984.

Folks always say that about Dave, but its true about Mike.

Lets just say that Wolf can't sound any worse.

i would much rather have mikey there, but he definatly ISNT the draw. the reason this tour is big is because DLR is joining it
                  R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Jimmy Jingles
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                    Jesus. The thought of Wolfie playing bass does not excite me. Although, I'd love to see him spell the old man on guitar.

And for those pretending that not having Mike is just great and that he had no part in the distinctive sound of classic Van Halen, I think you're either fucking delusional or are just kidding yourselves.

The whole childish, high school-esque click thing of Dave and the boys vs. Sam and Mike is just beyond nauseating at this point. I could give a fuck if Mike wiping off Sam's dingleberries at this point --I still want to see him in Van Halen BECAUSE THAT'S THE REAL DEAL brothas' and sistas'!

You notice how Dave is completely mum of this whole thing? It's only Ed and Al that are tossing shitbombs at Mike (if you believe everything you read that is). Well, they've fucked up the act before and they'll just keep going with it. But the short memories here are astounding. Ed and Al are simply employing the same self-serving hatchet-man shit they used to bury in Dave's back. Edwad: "Oooooh, look at my son! He's a shreddah'! Unlike that cunt Mikey." Yeah, fuck Ed. The same shit, different guy. How's his singin' Ed? Does he have your grate pipes? Wasn't he talking about the new musical possibilities they had with Sam because they could now write pussified-power ballads in so many new keys, so long ago? Whatever, man. You know?

Well, enjoy whatever this amounts to while it lasts --if it happens at all. But fuck, I'm waiting for those two pricks to again screw Dave ala' MTV Awards style and hire the ex-Journey singer once they've generated a little buzz (to kill, later, with a means to yet be determined)... How many say I?

Call it what you want though. But it ain't classic Van Halen without Mike...

I agree with ya NickD

Alls I saying is that if he is not going to tour with them, while I will be disappointed, it will in no way cause me NOT to go...

Because when it boils down to it...it's all about the TOASTMASTER FUCKING GENERAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    23. That's the number of people Mr. T has pitied in the time it has taken you to read this sentence.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                      Sniper
                      • Apr 2004

I want a origional lineup VH more than anyone else, but thats not gong to happen, atleast if this is true and they are going to tour. I'll say this, having Dave back, and losing Mike is a trillion times better than having Mike and no Dave. We went that route for 10 fucking yrs. and it sucked.

Whatever Mike did, the friendship has been severed and at these guys age, i can't see them kissing and making up, like they have done with Dave, their getting told old.

I truthfully don't mind Ed'd son playing. If the kid is as hot as they say he is, Mike won't be missed, other than everyone knows that he isn't there and it's a 75% classic VH.

I'll take what i can get, and enjoy it. But really, who would have been paying attention if Mike would have been there. I want to see Dave up front and center, where he always belonged.

Fuck MA, three VH's and Dave is all i need.

Comment

• MUSICMANN
                        Sniper
                        • Apr 2004

I want a origional lineup VH more than anyone else, but thats not gong to happen, atleast if this is true and they are going to tour. I'll say this, having Dave back, and losing Mike is a trillion times better than having Mike and no Dave. We went that route for 10 fucking yrs. and it sucked.

Whatever Mike did, the friendship has been severed and at these guys age, i can't see them kissing and making up, like they have done with Dave, their getting told old.

I truthfully don't mind Ed'd son playing. If the kid is as hot as they say he is, Mike won't be missed, other than everyone knows that he isn't there and it's a 75% classic VH.

I'll take what i can get, and enjoy it. But really, who would have been paying attention if Mike would have been there. I want to see Dave up front and center, where he always belonged.

Fuck MA, three VH's and Dave is all i need.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2006

I'm a big sucker! Like always, I'm excited and like always I'll probably be let down. Just one time I would like Lucy to let me kick the football. Just one time baby!

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                            Yeah, well, neither are Dave's hun.'
                            thats my point

everyone mentions Dave's...but think somehow Mike will sound the same. Well, he doesn't. At all. His voice is flat and tired.

I think Dave's voice is stronger now than ever. Not the screaming high stuff but his regular singing voice. He can hold it together longer and sounds great doing the classics.

Comment

• Redballjets88
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

yeah this may be true but mike isnt the lead vocalist so people arent going to say much about his voice
                              R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• delta5150
                                Head Fluffer
                                • Oct 2005

I wish they did an album first or released some new material with a greatest hits package with DVD, although I prefer the first option. Wolgang isn't the youngest dude to play bass in a band by far, how many had started at 16 or 17? I really think he'll rejuvenate everyone around him, I just hope they keep it together. On Mike, well it's a shame but he was lured away from VH by Sammy, Sammy is smart but he'll end up creasing in his pants when the Real Van Halen lets it rip.
                                I really think he's desperate
                                for this reunion to stall, it's a shame it didn't happen 11 years ago, when he would have been put in his place, now most people have forgotten about Van Halen and he will be grateful for that

Comment

Working...