Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Redballjets88
    Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i was going to say about the same thing, i hope to god i dont sit near someone that is a BOBW fan i will choke out a bitch that says the word sammy hagar near me, if/when the tour happens
    R.I.P Van Halen 1978-1984

hopefully God will ressurect you

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

" I liked Sammy Hagar " FORD

Comment

• Terry
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Hyman Roth

And FUCK YOU! I won't pay ridiculous ticket prices to see some bullshit, half-ass cash grab with 3/4 ths of what used to be a great rock and roll band just so special Ed can attempt to get his kid a foothold in the music industry like Hulk Hogan.

You want to go? Fine. Enjoy the show. But I have seen CLASSIC Van Halen - and this, assuming arguendo they are actually going to tour, which is a stretch in and of itself, ain't it! Don't fool yourself.

And I would further appreciate you not making outlandish assumptions about my or anyone else's personal life based on whether or not someone is willing to pay big bucks to watch a train wreck.
      Fuckin' A.

If the theory is that because one won't pony up the bucks to see a greatest hits tour by a less than complete CVH lineup therefore that person is a bitter, unhappy human being, then I assume it's safe to hypothesize that those who will go see the show are generally complacent, easily placated, and used to accepting second best for themselves.

Bullshit Dr.Phil-esque pshychobabble aside, suppose it comes down to a personal choice of standards and expectations. Shit, I was planning on getting tix myself for one of the summer dates prior to the proposed tour being postponed. Big part of that was having the chance to see Roth and EVH onstage together again for one last time. Ed's rehab stint gave me a chance to rethink this, and I concluded that just the mere act of those two onstage together isn't enough. Even having Anthony there isn't enough. Not if it's just gonna be a rehash of what's already come before.

Want an album of at least 8 new tracks of kick-ass material to be released prior to the shows. Want the full lineup there. Want the band to take a big piss on all the other half-assed reunions that other bands have undertaken prior to this, and show all of them how it should be done. Even KISS wan't able to pull off the feat of putting out decent new music during their late 1990s reunion, but at least they made the fucking EFFORT.

What Roth and the Van Halens are proposing is just more of the same in terms of how band reunions go these days. Having seen the real deal back in the day, I just can't accept this lesser version of CVH now. They're not even trying. Smacks of no effort to me. Doesn't honor the spirit and level of excellence the band attained back in the day. In all seriousness, though, should the tour actually happen I do hope those who go have a good time.

Now I'll quit bitching about it, and return to jacking off on my Mike Anthony 8" x 10" autographed color glossys.
      Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• CROWBAR
        Commando
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Hyman Roth
        You mean like Eddie Van Halen?

And FUCK YOU! I won't pay ridiculous ticket prices to see some bullshit, half-ass cash grab with 3/4 ths of what used to be a great rock and roll band just so special Ed can attempt to get his kid a foothold in the music industry like Hulk Hogan.

You want to go? Fine. Enjoy the show. But I have seen CLASSIC Van Halen - and this, assuming arguendo they are actually going to tour, which is a stretch in and of itself, ain't it! Don't fool yourself.

And I would further appreciate you not making outlandish assumptions about my or anyone else's personal life based on whether or not someone is willing to pay big bucks to watch a train wreck.
        Amen Hyman! It is gonna be a cash grab if there ever was one. It is a half assed effort too on their part. Do it right or don't do it all. Why shell out the big bucks just to see two guys? You can't tell me your actually stoked to see a kid with no experience up there. One kid and three 50+ yr. old guys. Lame.

No one's bitter, just disappointed. So much for the long ass wait.

Comment

• CROWBAR
          Commando
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Terry
          Fuckin' A.

If the theory is that because one won't pony up the bucks to see a greatest hits tour by a less than complete CVH lineup therefore that person is a bitter, unhappy human being, then I assume it's safe to hypothesize that those who will go see the show are generally complacent, easily placated, and used to accepting second best for themselves.

Bullshit Dr.Phil-esque pshychobabble aside, suppose it comes down to a personal choice of standards and expectations. Shit, I was planning on getting tix myself for one of the summer dates prior to the proposed tour being postponed. Big part of that was having the chance to see Roth and EVH onstage together again for one last time. Ed's rehab stint gave me a chance to rethink this, and I concluded that just the mere act of those two onstage together isn't enough. Even having Anthony there isn't enough. Not if it's just gonna be a rehash of what's already come before.

Want an album of at least 8 new tracks of kick-ass material to be released prior to the shows. Want the full lineup there. Want the band to take a big piss on all the other half-assed reunions that other bands have undertaken prior to this, and show all of them how it should be done. Even KISS wan't able to pull off the feat of putting out decent new music during their late 1990s reunion, but at least they made the fucking EFFORT.

What Roth and the Van Halens are proposing is just more of the same in terms of how band reunions go these days. Having seen the real deal back in the day, I just can't accept this lesser version of CVH now. They're not even trying. Smacks of no effort to me. Doesn't honor the spirit and level of excellence the band attained back in the day. In all seriousness, though, should the tour actually happen I do hope those who go have a good time.
          Great post Terry, as per your norm.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
            SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

BTW, when do tickets go on sale?

It's only two fucking months away!

Comment

• Redballjets88
              Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i dont know, like i said i bought tickets to Muse which is on september 15 a week ago

"i wont be messing with you in future.the fearsome redballjets88 for fear of you owning me some more" Axl S

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by eddie78
                Max articulated my sentiments beautifully.
                If your missing out on this 2007 run with Dave & Ed, your just a bitter, unhappy human being.
                thats not quite what Max said...
                “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                  ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                  • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                  BTW, when do tickets go on sale?

It's only two fucking months away!
                  will you go check it out?

whatever you want to call "it"?
                  “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                    will you go check it out?

whatever you want to call "it"?
                    Check what out, hun'?

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                      • Apr 2004

Van Clusterfuck.... when/if it comes to town

Comment

• MAX
                        Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                        Van Clusterfuck.... when/if it comes to town
                        What's this "Van Clusterfuck" Ms. Angelface?

It has Dave and it has Ed so it's Van Halen.

Honestly, I hope I see some numbnuts wearing a "Where's Mikey?" or a Van Hagar shirt so I can point, laugh, slap and throw things at them. That could be fun.

I'm off to go cook some orange roughy, corn and rice for you.
                        EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Redballjets88
                          Full Member Status

• Mar 2005

i dont see how someone that says they are a cvh fan can boycott this tour.

sure the bassplayer isnt there but who cares why would that stop someone from going. i would go see dave solo anytime so ill definatly see him with ed and al and wolfie

Comment

• MAX
                            Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Jan 2004

Bantonelli, Binnie, Takin Whiskey, eddie78 and the rest of you. Thanks for the kind words.

Again, this is what it is. I'm all for calling a spade a spade, a sheep a sheep or an eggplant an egplant. My point being THIS IS VAN HALEN!!!

Everybody Wants Some!!! I want some too!!! Baby, how bout you?!?!?!?!?
                            EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• MAX
                              Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Redballjets88
                              i dont see how someone that says they are a cvh fan can boycott this tour.
                              They're NOT VH fans persay... They're queer for Mikey's sock, his bitchscream and wanna suck his pee pee.

Come to think of it, when I saw the 1984 tour, I had front row and on Anthony's side.

That was the GREATEST CONCERT I'VE EVER SEEN, I remember sooo much about the show and you know what? ALL of my highlights were of Dave and Ed. Fuck, the ONLY thing I remember about Anthony was the Jack Daniels bass and taking a leak when he did his solo.

It was the Dave and Edward show. I remember the crowd chanting "DAVID!!! DAVID!!! DAVID!!!" when he did his martial arts thing and they chanted "EDDIE!!!" when he did his guitar solo. Not once did the crowd go monkeyshit over Anthony...
                              EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Howlin' Wolf

The legacy hab been torn to smash
                                De Hagaritas cannot run(cuz they too fat)
                                Ol' Mullet has got his boiler bust
                                And dat hab stopt his fun
                                Poor spEDdie lies berry sick
                                Wid rupture and wid gout
                                Whilst David Lee and His Army begins to see
                                De game am most played out

Comment

Working...