Some guy came into my house the other day and talked down on Dave's name.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Va Beach VH Fan
    ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
    • Dec 2003

You're right Sarge, it's a waste of time...

I remember during the Dave/Spam tour...

Me and Poj are pounding brews in the parking lot in Raleigh... I got the US Festival cranking....

This dude, in his mid 40's or so, and his old lady pull up...

Nice couple, until they started talking about Van Halen....

Sammy this, Sammy that....

After a while, I just started ignoring them while Ed's solo was wailing...

Dave closed the show, so after we got back to the car, obviously Buddy Ebsen and his wife left Dave's show early...

That fucker had the gonads to put a note our windshield, saying something like, "Sorry fellas, Sammy was better"....

Some people just will never get "it".....
    Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• BigBadBrian
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by POJO_Risin
      I honest to shit can't believe that there are fucking dudes out there that actually admit that they fucking like Hagar in that band better than Roth in Van Halen...

The fucking Tube socks says it all...

Exactly.
      “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• BigBadBrian
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by SensibleShoes
        It's OK Sarge, my husband won't be coming over to pick up the kid again.
        “If bullshit was currency, Joe Biden would be a billionaire.” - George W. Bush

Comment

• Sarge
          ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Feb 2003

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          You're right Sarge, it's a waste of time...
          Dave closed the show, so after we got back to the car, obviously Buddy Ebsen and his wife left Dave's show early...

That fucker had the gonads to put a note our windshield, saying something like, "Sorry fellas, Sammy was better"....

Some people just will never get "it".....
          What a fucking idiot...
          ROTHARMY.COM WEBMASTER AND FOUNDER
          The Diamond David Lee Roth Army

MY GROUPS ON ROTHARMY.COM
          [Fender Custom Shop Owners Club]

Comment

• Mr Walker
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • Jan 2004

I would have stabbed the fucker in the neck with a screwdriver and then booted him in his ass.

Comment

• YankeeRose

Originally posted by SensibleShoes
              It's OK Sarge, my husband won't be coming over to pick up the kid again.

LMAO!!!!

Comment

• ian_doherty

Fuck that lamo.. we'll beat his twurpy ass!

Long live Dave..

BTW David has proven himself to be the man of all men by doing a tour with Sammy. If he can make peace with him obviously he could do it with Eddie.

I admire his confidence. Dave that is.

How did you get the autograph? I have always wanted to meet him. Still do.

Comment

• Diva Lee Roth

Re: Some guy came into my house the other day and talked down on Dave's name.

Originally posted by Sarge
                  From about a month ago
                  Ok one of my sons friends was spending the night.. he is 10.
                  His dad came over to pick him up and I let him into my house.

My house... better known as the Roth Army World Headquarters...where this site was created and maintained.

Anyways.. this guy walks in and we are having some small talk and he looks over at my mantle at my autographed Crazy From The Heat Book.
                  Now most people have a bible on their mantle... but for heathens like myself.. CFTH.. is the new testament.

The guy grabs the book and says "David Lee Roth .. huh? I always liked Sammy Hagar better in Van Halen"

How dare this guy come into the "Roth Army World Headquarters" and talk down on the Commander In Chiefs Name!
                  What the fuck.

Anyways.. I was floored.. I told the guy.
                  "Why? The most interesting thing about Van Halen.. is David Lee Roth"
                  In the middle of my speech on how Hagar ruined Van Halen with "Too close to mommy" lyrics, ballads and CHEESE.. and how Diamond Dave is the Greatest Frontman In Rock History..on how I like my brand of Van Halen..

.... I look down at the dude..
                  He is wearing white tube socks.. pulled up to his fucking kneecaps and sandals...
                  What the hell!
                  That stopped me mid sentence..
                  I was wasting my time...
                  I then realized that this fucking guy would never see the light.
                  You either get it.. or you don't
                  Some people will never get it because they are just FUCKING LAME!

Classic Van Halen is an attitude.
                  If you have no attitude ... if you like "punk ASS, Cheesey Lyrics and Listening to shit" then Hagar is a good choice for you.
                  If you prefer to listen to music that is aggressive and full of testosterone with a little bit of humor.. then listen to Dave.

The guy got showed the door...and won't be back.

I think he got away easy
                  LOL! Now ,THAT ...is a great story,Sarge!!!
                  The white socks and sandals say it all!
                  HAGARLOVER=ASSHOLE

Comment

• Cathedral
                    ROTH ARMY ELITE
                    • Jan 2004

People still wear tube socks?

Dude, that shit should have been a neon sign lighting up the front yard. The storm door is his line in the sand....cross it and be Rothverized........

Comment

• vamp1227

I think you need to take this kid under your wing and show him what life with Roth is all about...

Comment

• Switch84
                        Veteran
                        • Feb 2004

LMAO!!!!

I can relate to your shock, Sarge. I get that shit all of the time! People visiting me (back in Detroit) would look at my huge DLR door poster in horror! Then they'd look through my cd collection and see I have the VH 6 and Dave's solos and ask me why. Folks think he's the Devil incarnate and even have the audacity to tell me they like Hagar better! I just look at them as misguided fools, y'all!

It may also be the fact that I'm Black...for some reason I'm expected to only like Hip Hop and R&B. You close-minded motherfuckas need to let that bullshit ride out to pasture already!!!
                        "He doesn't need to sell millions of records, he doesn't need to fill arenas, he doesn't need to be popular, he doesn't need your money, AND HE DOESN'T NEED YOU!"
                        Blackflag on DLR

Comment

• Golden AWe
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Jan 2004

This sounds more of a nightmare...

But yes, I'm glad you realized the guy will never learn. And why should you even try to teach him and waste your time on a loser...it's not like she's a beautiful girl who's a little lost from the right path...like that lamb in that old fairytale...or was it from the bible...I mean the book the christians call "the Bible"

LAMBS...mmm (and I don't mean them barbequed):p
                          Originally posted by Cato
                          Golden, why are you FAT?
                          Originally posted by lesfunk
                          Much like yourself as the Jim Morrison of Nazi bunker flies
                          http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u...TheDMCross.jpg

Comment

• rustoffa
                            ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                            • Jan 2004

Dave has obviously always enjoyed shallow, knee-jerk reactions to his schtick,completely content in the fact that if they don't get it,they just don't fucking get it.Van Hagar is the musical equivalent of the whistle only dogs hear.....stray dogs with the mange and a taste for garbage.

Comment

• 4moreyears
                              Commando
                              • Oct 2004

Re: Some guy came into my house the other day and talked down on Dave's name.

Originally posted by Sarge
                              From about a month ago
                              Ok one of my sons friends was spending the night.. he is 10.
                              His dad came over to pick him up and I let him into my house.

My house... better known as the Roth Army World Headquarters...where this site was created and maintained.

Anyways.. this guy walks in and we are having some small talk and he looks over at my mantle at my autographed Crazy From The Heat Book.
                              Now most people have a bible on their mantle... but for heathens like myself.. CFTH.. is the new testament.

The guy grabs the book and says "David Lee Roth .. huh? I always liked Sammy Hagar better in Van Halen"

How dare this guy come into the "Roth Army World Headquarters" and talk down on the Commander In Chiefs Name!
                              What the fuck.

Anyways.. I was floored.. I told the guy.
                              "Why? The most interesting thing about Van Halen.. is David Lee Roth"
                              In the middle of my speech on how Hagar ruined Van Halen with "Too close to mommy" lyrics, ballads and CHEESE.. and how Diamond Dave is the Greatest Frontman In Rock History..on how I like my brand of Van Halen..

.... I look down at the dude..
                              He is wearing white tube socks.. pulled up to his fucking kneecaps and sandals...
                              What the hell!
                              That stopped me mid sentence..
                              I was wasting my time...
                              I then realized that this fucking guy would never see the light.
                              You either get it.. or you don't
                              Some people will never get it because they are just FUCKING LAME!

Classic Van Halen is an attitude.
                              If you have no attitude ... if you like "punk ASS, Cheesey Lyrics and Listening to shit" then Hagar is a good choice for you.
                              If you prefer to listen to music that is aggressive and full of testosterone with a little bit of humor.. then listen to Dave.

The guy got showed the door...and won't be back.

I think he got away easy
                              YOu are right...some people wioll never get it. But it is there loss.

Comment

• bueno bob
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

Pulling up two year old threads is a great idea, too.
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...