• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Full Bug
    Crazy Ass Mofo
    • Jan 2004

No reviews after last night?
    What a great night....
    Diamond Mafia Forever - 4. To restore fullbug to the prominent place in this board, after various serious attacks by hitch1969 have now damaged his reputation and now is reguarded as a "Retarded, Stoned, Canadian, Dog finger bangin' fuckup"

Comment

• jgdrag
      Sniper
      • Jul 2005

Hey Bug, what a show that was last night.
      On to the show. From row 13 floors, right in front of the ramp farthest left of the right side seats.
      Nothing but the hits!
      Van Halen kicked ass all night. The band appeared 100% ready to play. From where we sat, everything was pretty much bang on. Ed had a small guitar issue which you will hear on a youtube file of DTNA, otherwise, Ed was on fire. Yes he had a gliche during his solo when he yelled FUCK into his mic but continued on. Dave was very good, his singing was well performed, he appeared happy when he was walking, strike that,strutting like a proud peacock in from of us. Adda boy Dave, he was on fire! Alex was there and the songs appeared better timed. I found Sunday's show rushed. Wolf was not feeling the love, he went to Ed's side of the stage and gave a fist pump and the crown didn't really respond and unlike Sunday's show, he went back to his side of the stage and not down the ramp to the other side of the ramp.
      It was a real pleasure meeting up with everyone from Army and DDLR at the Purple Pig(Bug, Carmine, TommyV, Moose,Tuna,Lou,Mark,Franksters, Shoes, Guwapo and anyone else I might of forgot. Franksters, thanks for the invite to Montreal, we're talking about it. It was a kick ass show this evening. Everyone was on fire, Van Halen and the crowd!
      Last edited by jgdrag; 10-13-2007, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
        Foot Soldier
        • Nov 2004

I'm a little late with the review, but here it is.

The opening act was not bad at all. Bob Marley's son did some good songs and even performed 2 of his dad's songs. After that, PURE anticipation!

As I was waiting in line for some disgustingly over priced beer, I was keeping an eye on the time because at 9PM, the TRUE party was about to begin. Lights go out, and there was the sound of Ed's guitar.
        A moment after that, he hits the opening rift to YRGM and basically the whole ACC goes bananas! Here's how everybody performed.

Ed - His guitar solos was superb and it was awesome seeing him do the intro to Atomic Punk on the jumbo screen. His latest Eruption was a spin on the original with a few more flashy tricks. Not to mention a cigarette hanging from his mouth from time to time. Great work, though.

Alex - Did some cool drum solos while everybody else took a quick break. Liked the extended intro to DTNA, which is still one of my favourite VH songs. He seemed to be having a really good time and even gave props to Dave at one point.

Wolfgang - Now, for the test. He played alongside his pop from time to time and he did a great job with the backing vocals. He moved around the stage on the odd occasion, but he still needs more stage experience. Sometimes though, it was like he was standing on an 'X' and just stood there and played. But he'll get there!

Dave - Our hero was his normal self, which is a GREAT thing. Who said he can't do the scream anymore? He did plenty of them, and especially while singing YRGM. He had some toy chains he brought out for Unchained and even gave Wolfie the chance to say 'Dave give me a break!' line before the last chorus. Dave looked into the audience, pointed out to a cute female and told her, 'you can show your tits, but keep your pants on! He is just a young-un!' The only thing I miss from Dave was the leaping splitz off the drum-riser. But he did have a motorcycle revving contest with Ed's guitar! Fuckin' A!

Overall: KICK ASS SHOW THAT PROVES WHO THE REAL LEAD SINGER OF VAN HALEN IS! I had a blast and everybody who was leaving the arena still were in excitement. My first time ever seeing the VH brothers perform live and my second time seeing Dave perform. I would love to have seen The Bass Player there too, but he is with his partner now in their rebellion band. Whatever. Wolfie did fine IMO.

Comment

• RuzDNailz
          Foot Soldier
          • Nov 2004

On a second note, I would like to apologize for not being able to show up for the pre party because I had some shit to take care of.

Comment

• Hardrock69
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Feb 2005

Heh.....Lou was at the pre-show party? Did he wear a shirt or something saying "IF YOU LISTEN TO MP3s YOU SUCK!" ?

Comment

• twonabomber
              formerly F A T
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by RuzDNailz

Wolfgang - Now, for the test. He played alongside his pop from time to time and he did a great job with the backing vocals. He moved around the stage on the odd occasion, but he still needs more stage experience. Sometimes though, it was like he was standing on an 'X' and just stood there and played. But he'll get there!

after seeing three consecutive shows...Wolf is getting more comfortable on the stage every day.
              Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• jgdrag
                Sniper
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
                after seeing three consecutive shows...Wolf is getting more comfortable on the stage every day.
                Hey T, what about Montreal? The wife is trying to talk me into it

Comment

• twonabomber
                  formerly F A T
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

i dunno...i used all my vacation days last week. i may hit Detroit Saturday, then i'm done.
                  Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• jgdrag
                    Sniper
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by twonabomber
                    i dunno...i used all my vacation days last week. i may hit Detroit Saturday, then i'm done.
                    Very good T, but the show is on a Saturday. Trying to get Lou to commit. Guwapo already tried to get me to go so I am pretty sure he is in already and Franksters said he would take care of us while we were there. I was going to do the Detroit thing but the whole FBI problem and all screwed that up.
                    Last edited by jgdrag; 10-15-2007, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                      Veteran
                      • Nov 2006

You are a PUSSY.
                      Trollidillo-T

Comment

• twonabomber
                        formerly F A T
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

LOL fuck you.

sorry i didn't die in a car crash before one of those shows.

Comment

• Hyman Roth
                          Veteran
                          • Nov 2006

I'm sure Lou is not sorry. I bet you fucked him in the ass too.
                          Trollidillo-T

Comment

• BrownSound1
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Mar 2003

I noticed that during SBGMAD on the 12th that Dave and Eddie did a bit of the old Cream tune "Spoonful." Now THAT is fucking cool!! It's on the YouTube.

Comment

• Hardrock69
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Feb 2005

Van Halen Toronto October 12th 2007 Video
                              1. You Really got me
                              2. Im The One
                              3. Running with the devil
                              4. Romeo Delight (Missing)
                              5. Somebody Get Me A Doctor
                              6. Beautiful Girls
                              7 Dance the night away
                              8. Atomic Punk
                              9. Everybody Wants Some
                              10. Eddie Van Halen Guitar Solo
                              11. Mean Street
                              12. Pretty Woman
                              13 Alex Van Halen Drum Solo
                              14. Unchained
                              15. I'll Wait
                              16. And The Cradle Will Rock
                              17. Hot For The Teacher
                              18. Little Dreamer
                              19. Little Guitars
                              20. Jamies Cryin'
                              21. Ice Cream Man
                              22. Panama
                              23. Aint Talkin Bout Love
                              24. Jump

Comment

• theshooter666
                                Full On Cocktard
                                • Jan 2006

Dude, The Quality of the video will be the same as You Tube.... Crap!

Comment

Working...