Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nickdfresh
    SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Well, I have tried to play guitar, but I wouldn't call it music nor musicianship.

I've been known to sing a little..

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
      Well, I have tried to play guitar, but I wouldn't call it music nor musicianship.

I've been known to sing a little..

last time you did we had riots in the bar...so shut up...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• Figs
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jun 2004

Oh Jeeebus, round and round we go again........

Well anyway, thanks for posting the article, it was a good read.

Comment

• Nickdfresh
          SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
          last time you did we had riots in the bar...so shut up...
          I prefer to call my sonic-induced explosion of mass hostility to be known as a little slice of anarchy, thank you...

Comment

• mewisemagic
            Commando
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
            "Go fuck off!!!" Who? Moi?

How about you get back to flossing your tooth with one of MA's asshairs?

Then and by all means, don't let the fucking door hit you where the good lord split you.

Also, please put down the can of Keystone and go trim yer fuckin' mullet while your at it chump.
            LMFAO!!
            Superb!

Comment

• Halen High
              Commando
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by clownsauce
              To me, everything anyone could ever need to know about Van Halen during the Hagar years can be summed up right here:

I found that photo randomly in a "Spinner" on-line article Here detailing Spinner Readers' opinion of the worst lyrics ever.

For all I know the average Spinner reader is a complete and utter douche. But if that's the case, it suggests that even the average complete and utter douche thinks Sammy Hagar writes a shitty, retarded lyric.

Those who continue to harp on the absence of Michael Anthony on a David Lee Roth board need to reassess your priorities; no matter how eloquent, enlightening, or logically sound your argument might be, you're pissing up a rope at best.

This is not the same band with the name "Van Halen" as existed from 1976 or so to 1985 or so. Nor is it the same one from 1985 to 1996, nor the one from 1996 to whenthefuckever, etc. They were all called Van Halen whether I like it or not. But the only one you can reasonably be expected anyone on a board called Rotharmy.com to give two shits about is any one that includes David Lee Roth.

We get it. You believe the notion that if the "classic" Van Halen line-up got back together it would somehow be "more magic". Or that if the "band" appreciated their "truest" fans, that they would have mended fences with Michael Anthony and toured with the "original" four members.

Well good job, you pass the test. You're better than the rest of us who only ever wanted to see Eddie and Dave on stage again. You truly appreciate every last nuance that the original combination of players brought to the table. The coarser of those among us will be thinking of you as we rock the fuck out to something we only dreamed of for 21 years.

Enjoy that moral high ground, guys, for your sake, I hope the acoustics are fucking stellar up there.
              Looking at that photo I can see why Neil Zlowzower lost interest.

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

..And this is a topic that pertains to DLR/VH, doesn't it? We're supposed to 'chop Michael Anthony out of the historical existence of Van Halen like spEd tried to do on the website?

OooohooooWHOOOOO! Good one Ed-sheep bitches!!

Jesus. I remember fondly when people loved to read Anthony's interviews with his digs on what a bitter, insulated savant asshole Edwad had become...

But BTW, to those that keep attempting obfuscation on this issue with the stupid, nonsensical Hagar references at this point - this also isn't the "VH Links of good-bitch Ed-sheep" nor Dave-sheep.com either...

You guys can pretend all you want, but Van Halen made themselves look like Spinal Tap'ish assholes by trying to 'chop Mike out of existence, and it's the continued kind of petty shit that does not bode well for this tour. Because THAT's what the media is now focused on! If you want to enable and indulge Ed's Gene and Paul moments (drenched with the added dogma of alcoholism) --by all means! But a slight fan backlash is the only hope of a real reunion, and not a "revision" as usedcarsalesman Dave was trying to shill, will ever take place.

I think Dave even made a couple of subtle comments that might just indicate he's underwhelmed with Wolfie's ability to play with a bunch of 50-somethings at the 96ish press conference (I could just see the thinly veiled angst and pain on Ed's and Al's faces all over again when Dave spoke of his personal hopes of a genuine reunion). The "Van Halen family," and their singer Dave, only reinstated the pics of Mike and his rightful place on the early covers because people were outraged with this bullshit of almost communistic Mike as "non-person" mentality By gobbling up tickets, you're just taking a bunch of shit and getting the continued ass-fucking by these aging rock and roll clowns, and their arrogance of what they think they should be allowed to get away with and inflicted on their fans. It's the same exact attitude which prevented Dave any real chance to enter Van Halen when he should have and when it would really have meant salvaging some form of legacy and meaningful career that includes some decent, lasting new music - the attitude that they could just hire a nice new voice in Cherone in 1996, and "update" the band into something the fans should just accept!

WELL FUCK THEM!! I didn't accept Cherone, but moreso, I didn't "accept" Ed's shit attitude of "just fuck you and buy it!" I don't accept this bullshit "revision." It's a joke! An absolute insult, not so much to Michael Anthony, but to the fans! And the more you guys enable spEdwad, the less chance you'll have of seeing something that is vaguely reminiscent of the music that made them truly great from 1978 to 1984. WELL THEY COULDN'T GET AWAY WITH TAPPING THE SINGER OF EXTREME because his voice is a blend of Dave and Hagar - and this was exposed as some Journey-esque fraud, because the real fans stayed away!! The whole VHIII house of cards collapsed in on a gold album and disappointing concert sales. Ed's thinly veiled solo album of shit finally indicated, to everyone but him apparently, that he's nothing without a true critical collaborator - something he does not want and probably will not accept as he noodles on his 10 albums of nothing at 5150-happy-Peter Pan-syndrome-playland.

It's just comical how a lot of peoples' critical thinking skills go out the window the minute that cunt Ed smiles and seems to want Dave as his singer again...

They'll make some money on this tour, and maybe, maybe launch Wolfie into some pseudo-stardom he really hasn't earned. But even at its best, it ain't gonna be classic Van Halen. And at its worse, it could just turn painfully farcical nightmare only slightly better than 2004 that some of you may not even get to see if we get a full fledged meltdown that is always possible.

I think I'll go out and buy the DVD of "This is Spinal Tap" with the money I earmarked for the DC show tickets. I can at least replay that, and it won't interfere with my memories of the Memorial Aud show of Van Halen in their prime and glory of the 1984 tour...

And maybe, just maybe, Ed will finally see that's he's a shit parent for trying to enable Wolfie and thusly putting him in a really bad position, and give Mike "the call" if things don't go well.

Until then, Mike will be waiting in the wings and keeping his chops fresh playing music with Sam.

I'll take a pass on both, thank you. Because only a functionally retarded fuckwit would think it's any sort of an either/or situation of choice between Van Halen Mach IV and the Mad Anthony Express. Neither is Classic Van Halen, neither will be worth my dime and trouble...

Rock on Roth and Rollers, Rant over...
                Why not give this latest incarnation of VH a chance? See what they can do.

I've been a fan since 1981 and have wanted a CVH reunion since the day I heard WCTBL, but maybe the chemistry with Mike NOW would be all wrong. He's so pro-Hagar it might not have worked out. I remember an interview he gave in the late 90s about Dave coming back. He was 100% against it.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                  ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by MAX
                  No need to apologize ZZ cos I do and have always respected your opinion even if it differs from my own. Also, my post prior might have been a bit of a generalization but there are exceptions to every rule. Thus, I was not including people such as yourself in my statememnt.

As for the rest, the gladiator jab was a bit unnecessary IMO but so be it. I've never denied nor hidden the fact that I am what some people commonly now refer to as a "Dave Sheep." As long as he's onboard then so am I.

Again, I simply refuse to toss this venture aside just cos the bassplayer's been replaced. Again, I find his backing vox in a live setting to be obnoxious and overbearing at times. His high pitched wailing has the tendency to have the same reaction to my ears as nails on a chalkboard. Also, I've seen his rendition of "Somebody Get Me A Doctor!" on youtube and a lead singer he isn't, thank the good lord above. That's just me and I'll do just fine without him.

Hence, 'ello Boston!!! Can't fucking wait!!!

As for the rest, I've both known and gotten along with you far too long to get into a verbal pissing match.

I think you know what my intention was with the initial post and it has nothing to do with fans of Classic Van Halen. I was simply referring to the Haganthony fanbase and I still maintain that we're going to do just fine without bumping into them at the shows. It will save people like myself from punching someone in the crowd anyway. lol

So, I'll just chalk it up that we'll agree to disagree, deal?
                  All good points... You're right. The Gladiator slam was out of line.

I get pissy when I feel the Hagar-star is getting sown on my jacket and fear getting a ticket on the consentration camp train...
                  "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• BALLYJUNKIE
                    Head Fluffer
                    • Nov 2004

MIKE AS A ORIGINAL MEMBER OF VAN HALEN ,HAS A RIGHT TO SAY ANYTHING HE WANTS ,HES EARNED IT ,UNLIKE SAMMY OR CHERONE OR WOLFIE ...... WHEN YOU WERE IN THE BAND SINCE ITS CLUB DAYS AND THRU 3 LEAD SINGERS ,AND THE NEVER ENDING SOAP OPERA .... I SAY MIKES HAD ENOUGH OF THE BULLSHIT ,LEAVE HIM BE ...... HE MIGHT BE THE ONLY TRUE "MUSICIAN" IN VAN HALEN ..... THE OTHERS BEING WINEY ROCK STARS AND DRUG ADDICTS .

Comment

• MAX
                      Rotharmy Gladiator

DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                      All good points... You're right. The Gladiator slam was out of line.

I get pissy when I feel the Hagar-star is getting sown on my jacket and fear getting a ticket on the consentration camp train...
                      Thanks ZZ.

After all these years, you know I sometimes just get carried away at times and don't think prior to typing.

Thankfully you now know what I meant in my first go round?

The whiny twits know who they are and they're precicely the same folks who will on opening night (I'm borrowing this analogy from Weesfreewheelin) piss, moan, soak up old pics of MA with their collective tears, be on the net with great anticipation of finding out the setlist, scrambling all over every board, including youtube to catch any pic or snippet of the band's live performance all whilst cranking "Dreams" or some other nauseating song from that worthless and forgotten era.

Then and the following day, they'll be claiming the show didn't look sold out, the band stunk cos "Mikey" wasn't there all whilst rubbin' one out as they fantasize about rolling Hag in flour, looking for the wet spot, then nudging Hagar's bowl full of jello and riding the wave back inshore just like a waterbed...
                      EAT US AND SMILE!!!!

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                        Veteran
                        • May 2004

..And this is a topic that pertains to DLR/VH, doesn't it? We're supposed to 'chop Michael Anthony out of the historical existence of Van Halen like spEd tried to do on the website?

OooohooooWHOOOOO! Good one Ed-sheep bitches!!

Jesus. I remember fondly when people loved to read Anthony's interviews with his digs on what a bitter, insulated savant asshole Edwad had become...

But BTW, to those that keep attempting obfuscation on this issue with the stupid, nonsensical Hagar references at this point - this also isn't the "VH Links of good-bitch Ed-sheep" nor Dave-sheep.com either...

You guys can pretend all you want, but Van Halen made themselves look like Spinal Tap'ish assholes by trying to 'chop Mike out of existence, and it's the continued kind of petty shit that does not bode well for this tour. Because THAT's what the media is now focused on! If you want to enable and indulge Ed's Gene and Paul moments (drenched with the added dogma of alcoholism) --by all means! But a slight fan backlash is the only hope of a real reunion, and not a "revision" as usedcarsalesman Dave was trying to shill, will ever take place.

I think Dave even made a couple of subtle comments that might just indicate he's underwhelmed with Wolfie's ability to play with a bunch of 50-somethings at the 96ish press conference (I could just see the thinly veiled angst and pain on Ed's and Al's faces all over again when Dave spoke of his personal hopes of a genuine reunion). The "Van Halen family," and their singer Dave, only reinstated the pics of Mike and his rightful place on the early covers because people were outraged with this bullshit of almost communistic Mike as "non-person" mentality By gobbling up tickets, you're just taking a bunch of shit and getting the continued ass-fucking by these aging rock and roll clowns, and their arrogance of what they think they should be allowed to get away with and inflicted on their fans. It's the same exact attitude which prevented Dave any real chance to enter Van Halen when he should have and when it would really have meant salvaging some form of legacy and meaningful career that includes some decent, lasting new music - the attitude that they could just hire a nice new voice in Cherone in 1996, and "update" the band into something the fans should just accept!

WELL FUCK THEM!! I didn't accept Cherone, but moreso, I didn't "accept" Ed's shit attitude of "just fuck you and buy it!" I don't accept this bullshit "revision." It's a joke! An absolute insult, not so much to Michael Anthony, but to the fans! And the more you guys enable spEdwad, the less chance you'll have of seeing something that is vaguely reminiscent of the music that made them truly great from 1978 to 1984. WELL THEY COULDN'T GET AWAY WITH TAPPING THE SINGER OF EXTREME because his voice is a blend of Dave and Hagar - and this was exposed as some Journey-esque fraud, because the real fans stayed away!! The whole VHIII house of cards collapsed in on a gold album and disappointing concert sales. Ed's thinly veiled solo album of shit finally indicated, to everyone but him apparently, that he's nothing without a true critical collaborator - something he does not want and probably will not accept as he noodles on his 10 albums of nothing at 5150-happy-Peter Pan-syndrome-playland.

It's just comical how a lot of peoples' critical thinking skills go out the window the minute that cunt Ed smiles and seems to want Dave as his singer again...

They'll make some money on this tour, and maybe, maybe launch Wolfie into some pseudo-stardom he really hasn't earned. But even at its best, it ain't gonna be classic Van Halen. And at its worse, it could just turn painfully farcical nightmare only slightly better than 2004 that some of you may not even get to see if we get a full fledged meltdown that is always possible.

I think I'll go out and buy the DVD of "This is Spinal Tap" with the money I earmarked for the DC show tickets. I can at least replay that, and it won't interfere with my memories of the Memorial Aud show of Van Halen in their prime and glory of the 1984 tour...

And maybe, just maybe, Ed will finally see that's he's a shit parent for trying to enable Wolfie and thusly putting him in a really bad position, and give Mike "the call" if things don't go well.

Until then, Mike will be waiting in the wings and keeping his chops fresh playing music with Sam.

I'll take a pass on both, thank you. Because only a functionally retarded fuckwit would think it's any sort of an either/or situation of choice between Van Halen Mach IV and the Mad Anthony Express. Neither is Classic Van Halen, neither will be worth my dime and trouble...

Rock on Roth and Rollers, Rant over...

Dave said NOT ONE THING about his wish for the original VH at the press conference. You are a fucking delusional liar. And there was no pain on Eddie's face you fucking idiot. Dave complimented Wolfie non-stop.

Now, I like MA. He is a perfect fit for VH. But he's not in the band. If he ws it would be excellent. But he's not.

So have your opinion. BUT SHUT UP ALREADY.

It is what it is,. Be pissed that I'm going to the show and so are millions of others. It ain't bringing back MA.

So cry all you want, but NONE of us wanna hear about it.

Comment

• bru87tr
                          Commando
                          • Apr 2004

I am sure dave had a say about Mike.

from what I read online, Mike wanted no part of joining dave in his show for a song during the Dave & Sam tour.

F Mike. its not a reunion anyway. I like the idea of a fresh start anyway than a reunion to bury the band.

lets hear some old tunes and then some new music.
                          "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• Baby's On Fire
                            Veteran
                            • May 2004

The opposite is true. Mike WANTED to go on stage with Dave, and Dave wanted no part of it.

Von Halen was standing and speaking with MA the night before it happened.

Comment

• jharp84
                              Veteran
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
                              I am sure dave had a say about Mike.

from what I read online, Mike wanted no part of joining dave in his show for a song during the Dave & Sam tour.

F Mike. its not a reunion anyway. I like the idea of a fresh start anyway than a reunion to bury the band.

lets hear some old tunes and then some new music.
                              MutherFuckin AAAA!! CAn we at least see the NEW SHOW 1ST!! BEfore Judgement!! It is what it FUCKING IS!! NO MA!! GET IT!@ LIKE IT OR NOT!! THERE IS A FUCKING REUNION HERE AT LEAST 3/4! BOTTOM FUCKIN LINE= DLR/EVH/AVH AND DON'T TELL ME THEY AREN"T ALL PRICK-COCKSUCKERS!!!

Comment

• Nickdfresh
                                SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by Baby's On Fire
                                Dave said NOT ONE THING about his wish for the original VH at the press conference. You are a fucking delusional liar. And there was no pain on Eddie's face you fucking idiot. Dave complimented Wolfie non-stop.

Well "fuck fuck fuckity-fuck fuck fuck!!"

God you're one unhappy and sorry loser. Is it any wonder why everyone hates you and thinks you're an impulsive idiot with an severe anger problem?

I'm a "liar?"

Firstly, mental-case, I said nothing about Dave's "wish" for the original VH at the press conference, super-genius asshole.

Why don't you quote where I did instead of rewriting my post with what you thought I said - you hairy-backed halfwit ape...

And Dave HAS stated in the past that it was a reunion or nothing, well, I guess he settled for a "revision."

Whatever...

Ed 'didn't have a pained look on his face?' Orelly?'

Go to YouTube and replay the part where Dave makes a Micheal Jackson joke, and then compare closely to the sister's demeanor on the MTV stage in 1996.

They've always resented the fact that they can't really muzzle or control Dave for long. We'll how long it takes...

Now, I like MA. He is a perfect fit for VH. But he's not in the band. If he ws it would be excellent. But he's not.
                                Dude, you don't like anybody...

So have your opinion. BUT SHUT UP ALREADY.
                                Ohhhhhooohooooh!

Make me.

It is what it is,. Be pissed that I'm going to the show and so are millions of others. It ain't bringing back MA.
                                I could fucking care less what you do. I'm glad I won't be anywhere near you that night, though.

So cry all you want, but NONE of us wanna hear about it.
                                Well, you did. You read the post, moron. I know you get super angry and start calling everyone a cunt the minute you're faced with an opinion you don't like. But here's an idea, don't read them if they make you uncontrollable defensive and look like a crazybitch...

Don't you have a "******" to jump my Canadian, halfwit skinhead loser?

Oh, I forgot, you're the new world atheist ubermuch that's so much smarter and more enlightened than all of the Christians in the Front Line. LMFAO!

Cunt.

Comment

Working...