Do you have faith in Ed ability to "bring it" with new original music?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chong Li
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

I think he probably has a lot of music already on tape. I am sure Dave can write some cool lyrics and melodies.
    "Can't you hear Jamies cryin? Shes runnin with the Devil oh nooooo!!! oh no!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by groetman
      Ed says in the VH book that he has enough songs written for the next 100 years.
      oh..ed says...I see

if anything ed said was true, he'd be playing tuba right now...
      Roth Army Icon
      First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• bueno bob
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Jul 2004

I never did subscribe to the idea that Ed has "14 albums in the can ready to go"...didn't believe it then - don't believe it now.

On a personal level, I'd be shocked as shit if anything from the studio comes after this tour. 95% likely that David won't be a part of anything beyond this, and that's not just pessimism speaking, that's experience...
        Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• NATEDOG001976
          Veteran
          • Apr 2004

Hopefully they will put out a kick-ass new CD in 08!
          http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8...19yc8872wu.jpg

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/5...0269il5.th.jpg

Originally posted by fuckhowardstern - dude - you sounded cool as a cucumber - totally relaxed and spoke with authority - must say I was a bit surprised but you sounded really at ease - super cool-like.

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra - nate, you are the fucking attention whore of the day and you DESERVE it

Originally posted by Jérôme Frenchise - BTW, bravo NATE! Soon Dave will mention the Army by himself!

Originally posted by franksters Have you heard Nate properly, We now moved up to an ''Organisation'' Awesome man!!
          Roth army....more than an army....it's a gr8 Organization!!

Originally posted by Northern Girl
          Nate, so cool. I'm listening to the Dallas feed, so it'll be coming up in a while. Can't wait!

Comment

• DavidLeeNatra
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
            I never did subscribe to the idea that Ed has "14 albums in the can ready to go"...didn't believe it then - don't believe it now.

On a personal level, I'd be shocked as shit if anything from the studio comes after this tour. 95% likely that David won't be a part of anything beyond this, and that's not just pessimism speaking, that's experience...
            you say it...as CVH and roth fans we learned from the worst teacher going...experience...

at least I expect a killer-live DVD...and that's it, I guess...

they are on that project since last october and could not put together just ONE new song...but maybe there is a plan behind it...

why putting out a new record without a major company in the back...VH was not in the position to negotiate a good contract...but after the tour with that success and that hell of a party...who knows...

I hope the best is yet to caome...and hope springs eternal...
            Roth Army Icon
            First official owner of ADKOT (Deluxe Version)

Comment

• binnie
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • May 2006

Originally posted by NATEDOG001976
              Hopefully they will put out a kick-ass new CD in 08!
              Well, here's to hope!
              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• TVGUY
                Head Fluffer
                • Feb 2007

Don't forget about those two little winners Ed wrote with Spammula on the last best of CD... Of course those songs were put together with Clown boy in mind... And not to mention that Dave's lyrics are light years ahead of Chia pets. I think my point is that VHIII might have not stunk so much if it were Dave at the helm. He keeps Ed in check and prevents shit like "How many Say I". I Have lot os hope for the future of VH.
                Three time witness to the comeback of the MIGHTY VAN HALEN. And then they faded back into obscurity.

Comment

• WACF
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • Jan 2004

Not really.

He peaked a long time ago...I doubt he could do something now that would put the music world on notice.

The best I think he can do is relive the past...perhaps write a few songs in the "Classic" sense...but I would not expect much.

All he has really proven since the mid eighties is that he can write and play decent pop songs...radio fodder.

Comment

• VAiN
                    Use my hand, I won't look
                    ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Hummarstra
                    Remember, the last songs Ed wrote were the ones on VH3. And they were FUCKING HORRIBLE. And I'm not just talking about Cherone's parts. Ed's playing was just as bad.
                    I disagree with you here.. the bulk of the tracks, minus the vocals, on VHIII were pretty damn good and raw sounding. The solos were fantastic and everything had a darker sound to it. If DLR had been in the drivers seat for that album, it would have put it over the edge creatively and we would have had a real winner on our hands.

I'm sure others will, and should, disagree with you about Ed's playing in 98 - it was fucking great and he dusted off a bunch of songs from the CVH days to boot.

Back on topic - Yes, I think EVH & DLR have what it takes to 'bring it' one more time.
                    Originally posted by wiseguy
                    That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• TAKIN WHISKEY
                      Commando
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by bueno bob

I agree about the 14 albums worth or even half that amount, but one would have to think that after all this time with no new album that there has to be some stuff ready to go.

How could Edward expect to call anything Van Halen from this point on without Dave? I can't believe that there would be anyone willing to accept a 4th lead singer. Especially after VH came back with such a successful tour with Dave.

Comment

• WACF
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VAiN
                        I disagree with you here.. the bulk of the tracks, minus the vocals, on VHIII were pretty damn good and raw sounding. The solos were fantastic and everything had a darker sound to it. If DLR had been in the drivers seat for that album, it would have put it over the edge creatively and we would have had a real winner on our hands.

I'm sure others will, and should, disagree with you about Ed's playing in 98 - it was fucking great and he dusted off a bunch of songs from the CVH days to boot.

Back on topic - Yes, I think EVH & DLR have what it takes to 'bring it' one more time.
                        Thing is those were written 10 years ago...alot has changed in the music world.
                        Eddie has also killed off alot more cells since then.

It has been so long since I have heard that disc I do not really remember much about it as far as positives go.

Comment

• schwing
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Mar 2007

They could record/release the best of the old stuff tht never made it onto albums: Big Trouble, Vodoo Queen, Babe Don't Leave Me Alone, Down in Flames, Bullethead, etc. and round off with some newbies. I'd buy that over this "Best of" stuff that comes out with one or two new tracks.

Comment

• Hummarstra
                            Commando
                            • Feb 2004

Originally posted by VAiN

A thousand DLR's from 1981 couldn't have saved that turd.

We'll just have to have a gentleman's disagreement on this one.

Comment

• schwing
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by ELVIS
                              I have plenty of doubt...

But if he get's off his ass, stays clean and plays guitar, he still has more to wow us with...

Well, I still long for the days when he could shred like this:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXbCt_1mrak"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CXbCt_1mrak" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Comment

• Hummarstra
                                Commando
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by schwing
                                They could record/release the best of the old stuff tht never made it onto albums: Big Trouble, Vodoo Queen, Babe Don't Leave Me Alone, Down in Flames, Bullethead, etc. and round off with some newbies. I'd buy that over this "Best of" stuff that comes out with one or two new tracks.
                                I'd buy it, too. But, that'll never happen.

OK, we're all taking this too seriously. How 'bouts a nice set of tits.

Last edited by Hummarstra; 10-10-2007, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...