IDIOTS - Stop Whining - Dave's Solo stuff is better than anything Van Halen did!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dave_is_vh
    Sniper
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by bad_muthafucker
    more than anything, i wish jason becker was still healthy and with dave.
    I second that. Drop In The Bucket was written by Becker and is arguably the best song Dave ever did. Imgaine what might have been...
    "Bumper sticker on my rocket's ass: go home, the earth is full." DLR

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

I agree............I started a thread a while back about how under appreciated that tune is.

Comment

• dave_is_vh
        Sniper
        • Apr 2004

I can't get Drop In The Bucket out of my head.

You gotta love a song with lyrics like:

Right up the middle
        Touchdown that's the game
        Extra point and you're never the same

If Sam put these lyrics in a song of course he would be talking about football. Dave, of course, is talking about sex.

Comment

• scottydabodi
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jun 2004

Well, I'd say that ANYTHING with Dave on it FUCKING ROCKS, then there's the other stuff... that DOESN'T rock... Ed, and Alex can line up, pucker up, and let the ass kissin' begin, cuz THEY besmearched a dynasty that could've gone down as the greatest EVER, now it's smeared with the Hagar CRAP, and Cherone Bullshit... Only DAVE can save them now... AND THAT'S THE DAMNDEST BOTTOM LINE THAT I EVER BOTTOM LINED!!!!!!!!
          If you listen to fools
          The Mob Rules

Comment

• Bad Muthafucker
            Foot Soldier
            • Jan 2004

david should have ended his Best Of album with drop in the bucket.
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7qatW5tds&NR=1

Comment

• dave_is_vh
              Sniper
              • Apr 2004

Drop in the Bucket is better than any VH song. It really is Dave's best song ever.

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Don't think Dave would be too upset about people on this site moaning about Van Halen. Shit, 90% of his live setlists for the last 5 years are nothing BUT classic Van Halen.

I dig classic Van Halen and Roth's solo career. Pretty much an even split as far as what I listen to. But classic Van Halen had very few disposable songs for me, or songs I could give a shit about if I ever heard again or not, whereas Dave's solo career has about a dozen or so tracks that I don't bother playing.

To play devil's advocate, Roth's solo forays had maybe a bit more variety than classic Van Halen did, but I can't say that alone makes Roth's solo stuff better. I'm not really looking to compare a Roth solo disc to classic Van Halen when I buy it, but the high points on EEAS and the DLR Band are comparable to what classic Van Halen did in terms of getting my rocks off.

That being said, Diamond Dave, Roth's last effort, didn't really do much for me. Not even talking in terms of how it stacked up against classic Van Halen either. Maybe it'll grow on me in time, like YFLM did.

Think most of the whining re:Van Hagar stems from a belief that Dave should have been back in the band in 1996 beyond those two BOV1 songs, and that there's been a lot of wasted time that could have been put to good use by the classic lineup.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

Working...