X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bueno bob
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Imapus Sylicker
    Now all we need is an Yngwie Malmsteen Guitar Hero.

Cheers! :bottle:
    It'll happen, sooner or later. I'd bet good cash. Actually, I've wondered at times if eventually they'll just shop these things out to musicians at large and just let anybody license one if they put up enough upfront. A couple years later and you've got 2000 different Guitar Hero: Whoevers on the market.
    Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
      Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I tried playing Guitar Hero at my nephew's house.

I suck royally at it.

Maybe its because I have prior knowledge on how an ACTUAL guitar is to be played even though I play drums.

I think the game has some good and bad to the whole phenomenon, if you will.

It has put 'guitar rock' back into the mainstream but through a different medium. Blazing guitar driven bands like Maiden, Priest, CVH, old-school Metallica are now getting maximum exposure from guitar hero.

I just hope it makes kids want to play a real guitar at some point.
      =V V=
      ole No.1 The finest
      EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• GAR
        Banned
        • Jan 2004

May Guitar Hero: Chickenfat never see the light of day.

Comment

• letsrock
          Veteran
          • Mar 2007

when will Gar start critiqing Guitar Hero on the way the game makes guitars and amps look?

Comment

• bueno bob
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
            I just hope it makes kids want to play a real guitar at some point.
            Well, my son's just dynamite at it...playing that Dragonforce song/nightmare like he's asleep for the most part. Thus, I decided getting him a real guitar would be a good idea, since he'd been wanting to play anyway. He ended up with around $120 for his birthday last month, and I happened to find a guy on Craigslist with an AWESOME Ibanez acoustic.

After a wee bit of talking, he took $100 for it (seriously, we totally fucking stole it). In the time since, he's been making good progress, got a few chords down, working on some scaling and timing, can tune it by himself. Coming along nicely.

I think there may be a success story out of it.
            Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• bueno bob
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Jul 2004

Originally posted by letsrock
              when will Gar start critiqing Guitar Hero on the way the game makes guitars and amps look?
              Come on now...his computer pass at the library is only good for an hour at a time, he can't waste time doing that.
              Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by bueno bob
                Well, my son's just dynamite at it...playing that Dragonforce song/nightmare like he's asleep for the most part. Thus, I decided getting him a real guitar would be a good idea, since he'd been wanting to play anyway. He ended up with around $120 for his birthday last month, and I happened to find a guy on Craigslist with an AWESOME Ibanez acoustic.

After a wee bit of talking, he took $100 for it (seriously, we totally fucking stole it). In the time since, he's been making good progress, got a few chords down, working on some scaling and timing, can tune it by himself. Coming along nicely.

I think there may be a success story out of it.
                That's great, Bob.

As long as he loves playing it -- if you love something chances are you'll do very well in it.
                =V V=
                ole No.1 The finest
                EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• davehagarfan
                  Head Fluffer
                  • Jan 2009

I don't have a big problem with Hagar not being on there but leaving out MA just goes to show that the VH camp have no class left. That would be like Aerosmith leaving out Brad Whitford and replacing him with Mia because Steven had somekind of drug induced, delusional resentment toward the guy. But it's Guitar Hero just one more avenue to dilute your legacy and legend that once was.

Comment

• letsrock
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2007

DHF,

Good to see you. How you been?
                    My kids like these guitar hero games. But they enjoy playing music for real more.

John

Comment

• davehagarfan
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Jan 2009

Originally posted by letsrock
                      DHF,

Good to see you. How you been?
                      My kids like these guitar hero games. But they enjoy playing music for real more.

John
                      Hey John, it's going good.

The games are fun for kids and it's kinda cool to see them get into the whole guitar god, arena rock trip through it since that isn't around much anymore. But I have more fun playing it with a buzz on at a party and seeing how badly I can play it. I'd rather work on sweep picking with a real guitar then nerd out mastering the advance level of Guitar Hero. It's a fun game for kids though.

Comment

• letsrock
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2007

Agreed.

Comment

• davehagarfan
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                          Fair enough.

Its not like Eddie has done a George Lucas and digitally removed Mike and inserted Wolf for a re-release DVD of the US Festival. THAT I would have a problem with.
                          Ed already tried that with the VH1 and WACF covers just before the tour. Luckily, somebody vetoed it before it became official of "Sharon and Ozzy" proportions.

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

The Links put the run to ya already!
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• davehagarfan
                              Head Fluffer
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                              The Links put the run to ya already!
                              Nope I've never been a huge fan of the Links. There's a bunch of pop up ads and way too many Edtards for my taste, there always has been.

Comment

• vaijuju
                                Sniper
                                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by davehagarfan
                                I don't have a big problem with Hagar not being on there but leaving out MA just goes to show that the VH camp have no class left. That would be like Aerosmith leaving out Brad Whitford and replacing him with Mia because Steven had somekind of drug induced, delusional resentment toward the guy. But it's Guitar Hero just one more avenue to dilute your legacy and legend that once was.

Davehagarfan, who are you?, I know a davehagarfan who loves sammy and dave and hates ED
                                http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

Working...