Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • moose
    Veteran
    • Mar 2004

Sorry guyz don't like the look of it.......
    looks like they didn't put to much thought or should I say research into creating this game.
    looks cheesy if you ask me.......

Comment

• Nickdfresh
      SUPER MODERATOR

• Oct 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
      Rather odd choice of attire for Wolfgang, wouldn't you say?

Yeah, he really fits in with the 1980 vintage David Lee Roth...

Originally posted by moose
      Sorry guyz don't like the look of it.......
      looks like they didn't put to much thought or should I say research into creating this game.
      looks cheesy if you ask me.......
      Yup. All tossed off and nowhere to go...

Comment

• Mr Walker
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
        Looks very cool.
        Ditto

Comment

• Carloscda
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
          First peek, gotta disregard the lame mall music I guess....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cz0xikqdICE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Cz0xikqdICE&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en& feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
          The "early days" look is crazy...

Comment

• GAR
            Banned
            • Jan 2004

Even I have to admit this is quite an effort to merge classic Van Halen with its' modern Van Headache counterpart.. but what I am kinda looking for here, is some kind of 1980 jaw-dropping 24-stacks or more staging.

- and because this is virtual reality gaming, they could pile those old 8x12 cabs 60 high.. with thousands of par cans, flying robotic lighting trusses and shit you could never afford to do in a real arena or with the physical reality constraints of too much volume.

Cartoon Van Halen world should also have an unlockable easter-egg level you unlock by accident, where you can sneak offstage during a drum solo and grab a groupie.. or discover Journey's empty dressing trailer - drink their whiskey - then leave the bottle with yer piss in it.

Comment

• if6was9
              Head Fluffer
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by chefcraig
              They should add Dave on a flying surfboard. Anachronisms are cool.
              Hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla boobuhla hummala bebhuhla zeebuhla bop

Comment

• bueno bob
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jul 2004

So, yeah...I'm a little unimpressed...which is to say I'm a fucking LOT unimpressed...looks very choppy, even by Guitar Hero standards, and classic Van Halen with fucking Wolf...ugh...no thank you.

I MAY rent it, but that'll be about where it ends. Certainly will not buy it. I was a little upset about Guitar Hero Metallica not having Cliff, but let it slide since, well, he's dead...but a classic era Van Halen and no Michael Anthony to go with it is just pretty fucking unforgivable as far as I'm concerned. I honestly just can't look at it and NOT point and say "DOESN'T BELONG!!! NOT BORN YET!!!".

Others probably don't care - I do - that's my reality.

And while I'm at it, let it be said...."WOLFGANG" Van Halen? Seriously? You actually KEPT that fucking pretentious name on that poor kid all these years? Eddie, you are truly a conceited asshole.

/rant

Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

• Rufus T Firefly
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Feb 2009

What the FUCK is Wolfgang doing in this?

What a fucking travesty.

Comment

• letsrock
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2007

Anyone have an idea what VH is getting paid?

Comment

• ModernDayWarior
                      Full On Cocktard
                      • Mar 2004

No Mike Anthony? Pathetic...

Comment

• letsrock
                        Veteran
                        • Mar 2007

Is Cherone an unlockable character?

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                          Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nickdfresh
                          Yeah, he really fits in with the 1980 vintage David Lee Roth...
                          Actually its more like 1978-79 vintage Dave.

But who cares, its just a video game.

As for Wolf, well, its no surprise that MA is not in the game 'cause he aint in the band.

My guess is that the developers along with VH felt the need to have their "vintage" look in the game because it is so recognizable. And it came to a point where they could've had a "generic" bass player but opted to give Wolf his own "vintage" look, so they took Edward's 1984 clothes and put it on him.

VH historians like ourselves notice right away that Wolf is in Ed's 1984 duds while the rest of the band is in 1978.

Looks out of place but again, its just a video game. I have the recent Legends of Wrestlemania game and while its great to play as vintage wrestlers from different wrestlemanias, its not THAT authentic to the timeline considering the outfits don't match with the year for some.
                          =V V=
                          ole No.1 The finest
                          EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• letsrock
                            Veteran
                            • Mar 2007

Based on that logic if they made a "doors" game are you saying it wouldnt have Jim Morison in it? Afterall he hasnt been around (due to death) in forever.

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by letsrock
                              Based on that logic if they made a "doors" game are you saying it wouldnt have Jim Morison in it? Afterall he hasnt been around (due to death) in forever.
                              No.

That would be somewhat different. The Doors and JM go hand in hand. If Queen did this, for sure there would be a computer generated Freddie doing his thing, 'cause that's Queen.

Mike is still alive but no longer in the band. And he's clearly not and never was the focal point. Also, there would be some legal issues on using Mike's likeness in a VH-related thing that my guess the band did not want to get into.

Metallica didn't include Jason Newstead in their game (though I think they should've included at least Cliff for a vintage look).
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• bueno bob
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Jul 2004

That's why I don't really like these Guitar Hero games that are based off of bands...I mean, the other ones are ok for whatever, but being a FAN of these bands, I'm looking for some amount of accuracy if I'm going to be "playing" them. Which is to say that Metallica should have had Cliff and Jason, and yes, Van Halen should have had Mike, or at the very least the option to unlock them after X amount of playing or whatever.

Of course, Activision isn't marketing to me, it's marketing to 13 year olds, so I guess it doesn't matter much. As a fan of the bands, I'm actually a minority. To most of the kids that are going to be playing this game (which is probably the largest portion), they won't care one way or another since they're probably not entirely familiar with the Van Halen industry.
                                Twistin' by the pool.

Comment

Working...