Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SilvioDante
    Head Fluffer
    • Jan 2004

I’m gonna side with bueno on this by trying not to sound like a killjoy but…

I kinda look at Ed like the musical version of George Lucas. He releases the Star Wars trilogy (Yeah, I know American Graffiti was first but work with me here). It is a HUGE success. This is his VH six pack. Then he decides to move in another direction, the Indy trilogy. While some thought there were some redeeming parts to that series of movies, everyone always asked him, “Are you gonna make the prequels?” And of course he would say, “No.” and give a lame excuse. Then came “Howard the Duck” (ed. note: Gary Cherone is Howard the Duck in my little scenario). Then nothing for years. After nearly 20 years of refusing, Lucas finally decides to make the prequel, and about 10 minutes into the 2nd on, you realize that these three movies will never compare to the originals, but its to late. You can’t put the genie back in the bottle. Then comes the “Special Editions” where he changes everything and of course the last 5 minutes of “Krystal Skull”.

Eric Idle said in an interview once that the reason we want to see reunions of our favorite groups is to recapture our youth, and I think he’s right. I want to remember running home from the record store with a copy of 1984 for the first time, but I can’t. That time is passed.

I just assume Ed and the guys leave well enough alone….
    "Don't try to confuse the issue with half truths and gorilla dust." - Bill NcNeal

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
      ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
      • Dec 2003

This shit, while hopefully good news, continues to piss me the fuck off...

He marries his fucking PUBLICIST, but outside of setting up Myspace, Twitter and Facebook pages (that have remained blank outside of Wolf's stuff and Ed's hawking of junk), NOTHING official has been put out !!!

Why do their fans have to find out about the status of the new album by EXTERNAL sources ?? Silly me, you'd think that would be something that you would want to PUBLICIZE !!

Silly me....
      Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Igosplut
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by SilvioDante
        Eric Idle said in an interview once that the reason we want to see reunions of our favorite groups is to recapture our youth, and I think he’s right. I want to remember running home from the record store with a copy of 1984 for the first time, but I can’t. That time is passed.
        I would say more appropriately you (most all) would like to Relive that moment, you can always remember the event..
        Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Bad Muthafucker
          Foot Soldier
          • Jan 2004

Not holding my breath.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...7qatW5tds&NR=1

Comment

• VanHalenFan5150
            Sniper
            • Oct 2009

Two references to the band writing (and hopefully recording?) within two weeks of eachother. That sounds like good news to me. But who knows? We'll just have to wait and see.
            Reading Crazy From the Heat in four hours flat, in a cramped RV, on the return trip of a 3,000+ mile family outing to New Jersey is an enlightening experience you'll never forget.

Comment

• ZahZoo
              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Sounds encouraging... fuck the publicst... They're doing it old school again with rumor, inuendo and misdirection...
              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• jero
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jan 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenFan5150
                We'll just have to wait and see.
                And we're used to that.

Comment

• indeedido
                  Veteran
                  • Feb 2004

Probably taking so long to weed out all the Van Hagar music Edward is still full of. Dave: "Veto". "Veto". "What else ya got?" "Ok, I dig". "Veto". "I dig"
                  This space for rent.

Comment

• DFVH5150
                    Groupie
                    • Apr 2004

Q: “Now Dave, of course, is back in Van Halen, last we heard…”

A: “Yes.”

Q: “Have you met Eddie? Have you gotten to sit down and talk with him any?”

A: “Oh yeah me and Eddie are good friends. He’s a great guy, you know, he’s doing great, playing great and looks great. He’s on fire right now. They’re writing right now, at Eddie’s place - at 5150 - and he is on fire right now.”
                    Dave
                    VH FOREVER!!!!!!!

Comment

• jero
                      Crazy Ass Mofo
                      • Jan 2004

There is a god!

Comment

• VAiN
                        Use my hand, I won't look
                        ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                        Sounds encouraging... fuck the publicst... They're doing it old school again with rumor, inuendo and misdirection...
                        This...

I can respect they're generating a buzz....
                        Originally posted by wiseguy
                        That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                          This shit, while hopefully good news, continues to piss me the fuck off...

He marries his fucking PUBLICIST, but outside of setting up Myspace, Twitter and Facebook pages (that have remained blank outside of Wolf's stuff and Ed's hawking of junk), NOTHING official has been put out !!!

Why do their fans have to find out about the status of the new album by EXTERNAL sources ?? Silly me, you'd think that would be something that you would want to PUBLICIZE !!

Silly me....

Has Wolf revealed anything on his facebook? about recording new stuff

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                            To be followed shortly by yet another Guitar World "exclusive" interview, which focuses not on any new music but on the EVH Wolfgang Bridge and Neck Pickups, along with some more shoes.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• DlocRoth
                              ROCKSTAR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by DFVH5150
                              Q: “Now Dave, of course, is back in Van Halen, last we heard…”

A: “Yes.”

Q: “Have you met Eddie? Have you gotten to sit down and talk with him any?”

A: “Oh yeah me and Eddie are good friends. He’s a great guy, you know, he’s doing great, playing great and looks great. He’s on fire right now. They’re writing right now, at Eddie’s place - at 5150 - and he is on fire right now.”
                              And boom goes the dynamite.
                              Fuck Scott Weiland. Fucking asshole. I get trashed all the time and still go to work. And my job sucks ass. -ODShowtime

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by SilvioDante
                                I’m gonna side with bueno on this by trying not to sound like a killjoy but…

I kinda look at Ed like the musical version of George Lucas. He releases the Star Wars trilogy (Yeah, I know American Graffiti was first but work with me here). It is a HUGE success. This is his VH six pack. Then he decides to move in another direction, the Indy trilogy. While some thought there were some redeeming parts to that series of movies, everyone always asked him, “Are you gonna make the prequels?” And of course he would say, “No.” and give a lame excuse. Then came “Howard the Duck” (ed. note: Gary Cherone is Howard the Duck in my little scenario). Then nothing for years. After nearly 20 years of refusing, Lucas finally decides to make the prequel, and about 10 minutes into the 2nd on, you realize that these three movies will never compare to the originals, but its to late. You can’t put the genie back in the bottle. Then comes the “Special Editions” where he changes everything and of course the last 5 minutes of “Krystal Skull”.

I just assume Ed and the guys leave well enough alone….
                                I don't think it's a great example because the first 3 Indy films were good.

Comment

Working...