• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blaze
    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

1:57
    Real music by real musicians

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4XWwPG-qhY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;colo r2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I4XWwPG-qhY&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719&amp;colo r2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2:47 a touch of controversy
    We see you too, Q ~`~
    Thanks Mr.
    "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
    sigpic

Comment

• Hardrock69
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Feb 2005

As for Bolo Yeung, he is alive and well and living in Monterey Park, California! How cool! And he conducts seminars as well. Info can be found by contacting admins of his official website: http://www.bolo-yeung.com/bio.html

Here is the strange thing....and I would sure like to see this...it is according to some book....no further confirmation available at Wikipedia:

Bolo met Bruce Lee while the two were filming a Winston cigarettes commercial.
      Outside of his movie career, Bolo is the father of three children. He still lifts weights about two hours each day, and he regularly practices tai chi chuan. He is the chairman of the Hong Kong Gym Business Association, and the team manager of the Taipei International Body Building squad. In 2008, Bolo retired from acting at the age of 70.

I have some cheap Hong Kong chop-socky movies from the 70s with horrible dubbing that he is in. He deserves much respect for his abilities as a martial artist.

Mr. BoLo Yeung at BUDO GALA 2010 in Basel, Switzerland.

Last year at a movie convention in Germany:

Last edited by Hardrock69; 07-06-2010, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
        ...just like the man who played one of the best concerts I've ever seen yesterday...

P R I N C E

I have mad respect for Prince.

But

Just last week he was awarded some type of lifetime achievement award. He was wearing a shirt with his own portrait on it. And the newscaster talking about it while showing the clip said...

"Prince, the only guy cool enough to wear a shirt with himself on it".

Uhm.......Dave did that 25 years ago bro. And he did it much better.
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
          • Dec 2003

Boy, they're fucking QUICK when it comes to shooting down new album rumors though, aren't they ??

New Van Halen Album Just "Rumors" Band Says
          "I don't have any updates at this time," Janie Van Halen tells RS

By Daniel Kreps
          Jul 06, 2010 3:34 PM EDT

The web was abuzz with rumors that Van Halen had completed a new album — the first with David Lee Roth back as lead singer — over July Fourth weekend, with a "source" even telling MelodicRock.com that a first single is due at the end of the year. The report also claimed that the new album, the classic Van Halen lineup's first since 1984, was nearly halfway complete and that it would be released in the first half of 2011. However, Eddie Van Halen's wife and spokesperson Janie Van Halen has denied the report exclusively to Rolling Stone. "What is going around is exactly that, rumors. I don't have any updates at this time," Janie Van Halen said.

In Feburary 2009, Eddie Van Halen told Rolling Stone he was working up new tracks for the band. "I've got tons of music written, such a variety of stuff," he said. "The essence of me is obviously there, and those drums, they're always recognizable. But people expect a certain thing from Van Halen, and this isn't exactly bang-your-head-against-the-wall stuff." As Rolling Stone previously reported, Eddie Van Halen underwent surgery in his left hand last summer to fix a bone spur, twisted tendon and a cyst in the joint of his left thumb, which required four to six months of rehabilitation. The surgery, along with Eddie's desire for his son and bassist Wolfgang to finish up high school before entering the studio, further delayed plans for Van Halen to record again with David Lee Roth.

While Eddie should be healed by now and Wolfgang is a graduate, there's been no news from the Van Halen camp. However, Ticketmaster CEO Irving Azoff accidentally let slip last September that Van Halen might be touring again in 2010; so far no plans for a tour have been announced. The band reunited with Roth in September 2007 and their 2008 reunion trek grossed $93 million.
          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• LoungeMachine
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan

However, Eddie Van Halen's wife and spokesperson Janie Van Halen has denied the report exclusively to Rolling Stone. "What is going around is exactly that, rumors. I don't have any updates at this time," Janie Van Halen said.

Now that's a P.R. firm worth its weight in gold......

Originally posted by Kristy
            Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
            Originally posted by cadaverdog
            I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Candy Girl

It would be nice to have a positive attitude about VH, but I just can't do it.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I think Janie Van Halen is to blame for no album.

Comment

• LoungeMachine
                  DIAMOND STATUS
                  • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                  I think Janie Van Halen is to blame for no album.
                  Nothing happen with regards to VH without spED's approval.

His mouthpiece has no say, sway, or play in it.

But like VA said, to fucking bat it down and squash the mere RUMOR of a new album so fast is fucking bizarre
                  Originally posted by Kristy
                  Dude, what in the fuck is wrong with you? I'm full of hate and I do drugs.
                  Originally posted by cadaverdog
                  I posted under aliases and I jerk off with a sock. Anything else to add?

Comment

• Jagermeister
                    Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by Candy Girl
                    It would be nice to have a positive attitude about VH, but I just can't do it.
                    It would be nice to see these pics jhale keeps talking about.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by LoungeMachine
                      Nothing happen with regards to VH without spED's approval.

His mouthpiece has no say, sway, or play in it.

But like VA said, to fucking bat it down and squash the mere RUMOR of a new album so fast is fucking bizarre

Yeah it is. No word from anyone in forever but all the sudden squash a rumor.

Why? Just to cause fans to further speculate?

Comment

• Jagermeister
                        Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I wonder if something is wrong with Ed's hand still.

Comment

• chefcraig
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                          I wonder if something is wrong with Ed's skull still.
                          Fixed that for ya.

Amazing...one little sliver of hope, and Edward Van Grinch has to stomp on it. Fucking spoiled little sourpuss bastard.

Last edited by chefcraig; 07-06-2010, 06:06 PM.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                          ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Diamondjimi
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • May 2004

Gotta face it folks... It's over.

Ed has nothing left in the tank...
                            Trolls take heed...LOG OUT & FUCK OFF!!!

Comment

• Blaze
                              Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
                              Gotta face it folks... It's over.

Ed has nothing left in the tank...
                              <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/h6X8AlX2jRk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719& amp;color2=0xcd311b"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/h6X8AlX2jRk&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1?color1=0x5d1719& amp;color2=0xcd311b" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
                              "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
                              sigpic

Comment

• degüello
                                Sniper
                                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Catfish
                                A new Van Halen album due out in a year with DLR singing!

YAY!

Dude, how's it going!
                                "What we've been doing, which is great and certainly cost saving, is I train in the sand pit in McDonald's. I do a few laps. I go through the tunnel a few times. The kids don't mind if I smoke. Plus, when I'm done, lunch is right there."- DLR 2003

Comment

Working...