X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Big Troubles
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
    Yep and that was Michael playing bass on both of those songs... not Ed.
    and I actually dig MWM and CGTSNM.
    "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Big Troubles
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Feb 2004

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdRqx7bHrrM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdRqx7bHrrM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
      "FUCK YOU, YOU FUCKIN' BITCH! WHO THE FUCK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE ANYWAYS? TALK TO ME LIKE THAT? FUCK YOU. DRAG QUEEN LOOKIN' WHORE- YOU AINT SHIT. YOUR THE FRECKLE TO THE LEFT OF MY BROWN EYE. NOW GO MAKE YOURSELF USEFUL...OH, PUT DAD ON THE PHONE"

Comment

• Ruprecht
        Roadie
        • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Big Troubles
        up for bf and about time wouldnt sound any better if mike DID play bass on them... sorry but for me Mike became irrelevant after FW.
        maybe a little bit the studio, buton the stage he was a reall cool cat! who had a v good show.
        i miss the mikey.

Comment

• Ruprecht
          Roadie
          • Jul 2010

Originally posted by Marcus
          Of course I'll buy it. But if Ed plays bass on any new songs (or tells Wolf what to do) then it's not going to be the same.

Go ahead and listen to Fair Warning from start to finish. Or FUCK (musically speaking at least). Very full sounding with thick, pounding bass throughout. Fair Warning proves more than any other Van Halen recording what he was capable of doing on bass. Awesome bass work on an awesome LP.
          it sounds thick cos back then they recorded on thick reel tape with dolby an stuff but now they record on a floppy disc on it sounds thin. so when i get the new songs i guess e will hve to turn the bass up a bit.

Comment

• Ruprecht
            Roadie
            • Jul 2010

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdRqx7bHrrM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MdRqx7bHrrM?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>
            I am really glad that dave and the van halers are good buds now,

it took a while but long live van halen!

Comment

• kwame k
              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
              • Feb 2008

I thought Bassplayer didn't play on FW...........
              Originally posted by vandeleur
              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• Big Troubles
                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                I thought Bassplayer didn't play on FW...........
                he played FOR SURE all the way thru 1984. after that who fkn knows?

check out Mikes BEST interview (IMO) notice around 4:00 he mentions that "when my friends come over, they ALL bug me and ask me to put on our OLD stuff" Gee I wonder why? duh...
                But at 4:27 Mike mentions that FW was his favorite album. (mine too actually)

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dp66njBnUoE&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Dp66njBnUoE&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object><p><a href="http://xprezz.dk/video/view.php?video=Dp66njBnUoE&feature=youtube_gdata&t itle=Michael+Anthony+interview+1991" target="_blank">Courtesy XPREZZ</a></p>

Comment

• Marcus
                  Roadie
                  • Oct 2004

Nice interviews!!!
                  Apart from his bass playing and backing vox, there was something about Mikey that people like - the fact that he was your average Joe. I mean, he's a regular guy. Wolf being there on the other hand just bothers me. It's one thing to work your way up through the clubs like Mikey did. It's another to be handed a huge gig like this on a silver platter 'cause your dad can do it and is on an ego trip.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

he played FOR SURE all the way thru 1984. after that who fkn knows?
                    Mike played on every record, on every song up thru Balance and the 2 Roth tracks on BOV 1. He had minimal involvement with III and only did some backing vocals on the 3 Hagar abortions on BoBW...

or this shit...?

"If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• GAR
                      Banned
                      • Jan 2004

I look forward to downloading VH7 for free, burning dozens of copies if it's any good, and giving them away.

With Wolfie playing and singing on it, he becomes another Sammy by proxy and it's his Dad's fault for this, he's in control.

May as well call it "OU81-III" because when you polish a turd, it's still a turd beneath the shine OKAY

Comment

• GAR
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2004

GEEZ DavesPA - long time innit?

Comment

• Marcus
                          Roadie
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by GAR
                          I look forward to downloading VH7 for free, burning dozens of copies if it's any good, and giving them away.

With Wolfie playing and singing on it, he becomes another Sammy by proxy and it's his Dad's fault for this, he's in control.

May as well call it "OU81-III" because when you polish a turd, it's still a turd beneath the shine OKAY
                          It's his dad's fault for sure. Every interview he was just bragging about his son. Enough already!!
                          Still gonna be good though. Just not the same. Mikey gets a bad rap for being a one note wonder on bass, but imagine songs like Panama or Take Your Whiskey Home without that driving bass part.

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                            Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

It was as much it harmonies as it was his bass playing. Probably more. It was the frosting on a very substantial cake.

Oh dear.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                              ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                              Mike played on every record, on every song up thru Balance and the 2 Roth tracks on BOV 1. He had minimal involvement with III and only did some backing vocals on the 3 Hagar abortions on BoBW...

or this shit...?

I choose and have always chosen this shit!:

everything else is just added filler.

Comment

• Big Troubles
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Marcus
                                Mikey gets a bad rap for being a one note wonder on bass, but imagine songs like Panama or Take Your Whiskey Home without that driving bass part.
                                so an open E then?

Comment

Working...