X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Blaze

Moreover, the RothArmy comes up #3 on a "David Lee Roth" google search.

I sure hope #1 and #2 say "see #3".

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Jagermeister
      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by dlyle
      Thanks. Just joined the vhlinks site too.
      Oh for god sakes. Why?

Other than that thanks for the story. Very cool.

Comment

• dlyle
        Roth Army Recruit
        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
        And very much appreciated. but it makes me wonder. You created your account here as soon as you got home to make your 1st post & share with us your awesome news. How long have you been reading the forums here before meeting Dave?
        Right after I saw Dave I was trying to figure out who I should call with the news. I couldn't think of anyone really. I called my brother and he thought it was neat. Called another brother too but they weren't in to VH like me. Just about every memory I have as a teenager has VH playing in the background. I just had to find somebody to share it with that thought it was like the best thing ever....like I did. That's why I joined the forum.

I'm probably like a lot of guys out there...every once in a while I've got to search for recent Van Halen news to see what's up with them. Usually we don't find any real news. Shoot, I remember one of the guys doing VH news kind of gave up because nothing ever really happened as far as forward movement of the band getting back together. All those rumors...Dave's coming back-Dave's not coming back. Those rumors killed me when they didn't happen. So to make a short story long I've been an occasion cruiser of the forums for years just to keep up with VH news. Once I met Dave I had to share the cool news with people that could appreciate the gravity of what had happened to me.

Comment

• Jagermeister
          Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by dlyle
          Right after I saw Dave I was trying to figure out who I should call with the news. I couldn't think of anyone really. I called my brother and he thought it was neat. Called another brother too but they weren't in to VH like me. Just about every memory I have as a teenager has VH playing in the background. I just had to find somebody to share it with that thought it was like the best thing ever....like I did. That's why I joined the forum.

I'm probably like a lot of guys out there...every once in a while I've got to search for recent Van Halen news to see what's up with them. Usually we don't find any real news. Shoot, I remember one of the guys doing VH news kind of gave up because nothing ever really happened as far as forward movement of the band getting back together. All those rumors...Dave's coming back-Dave's not coming back. Those rumors killed me when they didn't happen. So to make a short story long I've been an occasion cruiser of the forums for years just to keep up with VH news. Once I met Dave I had to share the cool news with people that could appreciate the gravity of what had happened to me.

Welcome to the ARMY. It ain't much but it's all we have. Hang around.

Comment

• ELVIS
            Banned
            • Dec 2003

Flappo should crop some Hagar hair on that pic of Dave...

I'm curious as to what the results would be...

Comment

• Jagermeister
              Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I see we have a new mod.

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

Bad ass man. Great pic, Dave looks happy. A real smile!
                This space for rent.

Comment

• guitarplayer29
                  Roth Army Recruit
                  • Sep 2010

It sure looks like we can finally believe something we've heard about new music. I'm psyched!!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                    Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Great story and pic, dlyle! Welcome to the Army.

Shit...you're a lucky bastard.

I just got back from California on vacation last weekend. While I was out there I took a ride up to Howdy Doody Mountain in search of the Van Halen brothers.

Closest I got was the gate to Eddie's compound. I held up a sign to the security camera that said "NEW MUSIC, PLEASE!" and then waited for a reply. (Like I expected the fucking gate to open and have Eddie saunter down the driveway to let me in...)

But alas...nothing!
                    Originally posted by perilouspete
                    fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• shaggydoo
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Feb 2005

Dave sure is one surprising guy in regards to the breadth of his interests!

Comment

• Sensible Shoes
                        Full Member Status

• Oct 2009

Originally posted by GAR
                        What's so bad about a sheltie?
                        They yap, they are superhigh energy, they herd their families in the absence of sheep and they beat us in countless agility competitions. Programmed little shits. I just don't like the little bastards - OK?

Oh dear.

Comment

• IceCreamBlondie
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Dec 2008

Absolutely awesome that you met Dave!!! Thanks for sharing!
                          I'm Stayin' Frosty!

Comment

• DLRdelight!
                            Veteran
                            • Jul 2004

Oh how I envy thee. Welcome to the Army!!!

Comment

• dlyle
                              Roth Army Recruit
                              • Sep 2010

Originally posted by IceCreamBlondie
                              Absolutely awesome that you met Dave!!! Thanks for sharing!
                              My pleasure!

Comment

• POJO_Risin
                                Roth Army Caesar
                                • Mar 2003

So...at what point at the Scottish Games did we have dwarf tossing...
                                "Van Halen was one of the most hallelujah, tailgate, backyard, BBQ, arrive four hours early to the gig just for the parking lot bands. And still to this day is. It's an attitude. I think it's a spirit more than anything else is."

Comment

Working...