X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sadaist
    TOASTMASTER GENERAL
    • Jul 2004

Final

And a fucking cool pic of Dave I found while browsing randomly.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• SunisinuS
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • May 2010

Originally posted by clarathecarrot

With this vid and the BBQ movie this house is pretty cool.

I really like the black and white flloor cool stuff.

All I know is if this guy was on the dance floor he would clear a room. Roth On!
      Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-09-2011, 03:58 AM. Reason: and the bass is sweet on this song....turn it up. Les Funk I am looking at you. May your dad RIP Dave.
      Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ashstralia
        ROTH ARMY ELITE
        • Feb 2004

thanks mate, that's the stuff...

Comment

• sadaist
          TOASTMASTER GENERAL
          • Jul 2004

I absolutely love the fact that Dave has lived in the same house for so long. The longest I lived in one place was 13 years. It's funny how attached you can get to a house. Learning all the secret spots. All the creaks, dings, dents, sounds, where the spiders are likely to congregate, where to find the spring birds nests, every crack in the driveway. After a while you end up with a memory & story of every little nook & cranny of the place.

I could run through my yard hiding in pitch black in the middle of the night & know every hedge to jump over or hide behind, every gopher hole in the lawn, every twist & turn without even being able to see.

Makes Dave different from the other rock stars who only buy houses to show off their wealth. They buy all the hottest newest expensive toys to flaunt it, while never building that sentimental connection.

Dave rules.
          “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• ashstralia
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Feb 2004

ROTH ON

Comment

• BITEYOASS
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              I absolutely love the fact that Dave has lived in the same house for so long. The longest I lived in one place was 13 years. It's funny how attached you can get to a house. Learning all the secret spots. All the creaks, dings, dents, sounds, where the spiders are likely to congregate, where to find the spring birds nests, every crack in the driveway. After a while you end up with a memory & story of every little nook & cranny of the place.

I could run through my yard hiding in pitch black in the middle of the night & know every hedge to jump over or hide behind, every gopher hole in the lawn, every twist & turn without even being able to see.

Makes Dave different from the other rock stars who only buy houses to show off their wealth. They buy all the hottest newest expensive toys to flaunt it, while never building that sentimental connection.

Dave rules.
              Well that's mostly due to the fact that So-Cal is Dave's backyard and his home is just another room. LOL As opposed to all those hairbands who moved out of state and blow their wad to show off their phony masoleum in the hollywood hills.

Comment

• hambon4lif
                Crazy Ass Mofo
                • Jun 2004

It made the news during the earthquake of '88 that Dave sued nine different insurance companies due to earthquake damage done to the place.

It's worth repeating......NINE DIFFERENT INSURANCE COMPANIES.

Needless to say, Dave's always done o.k. for himself.

Comment

• clarathecarrot
                  Full Member Status

• May 2010

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                  All I know is if this guy was on the dance floor he would clear a room. Roth On!

As it should be.
                  2015 once smoke 2 smoke ...poke
                  clara the tiny giraffe make fur curve

Comment

• 78/84 guy
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • Apr 2005

Originally posted by ashstralia

this one...
                    When I bought my house the first thing I walked in the door with was this poster !! Still hanging in the basement.

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
                      It made the news during the earthquake of '88 that Dave sued nine different insurance companies due to earthquake damage done to the place.

It's worth repeating......NINE DIFFERENT INSURANCE COMPANIES.

Needless to say, Dave's always done o.k. for himself.

Well, earthquake insurance is really weird in California. It isn't a standard covered peril on a policy. You have to get additional riders to cover damage by earthquake, and even then it's hard. Did the earthquake cause a pipe to burst in the house? Well, then the following damage is considered flood damage because it was caused by water. If the earthquake caused a gas leak and fire that burned the place down...again, it's not earthquake damage, but fire damage that destroyed the house.

Many insurance companies on expensive coverage (like a multi-million dollar mansion) will have re-insurance. That's where they share the risk of a multi-million policy with other insurance companies so if something happens, company A is only on the hook for so much. Company B, C & D are also sharing the a portion of the risk.

So yeah, it can get messy. I can see where if they refused coverage because they claim the damage wasn't actually earthquake. Then you have to sue them and all of the re-insurance companies. Although 9 seems high. Might be an exaggeration thanks to the old rumor grapevine. I can see 3 - 4 companies.

Examples of Mr. Benice’s civil trial practice include: State of California v. Health Alert, et al. Jeffrey S. Benice currently represents the defendants in an action brought by the State of California to recover $10,000,000 in damages for alleged fraudulent sales of health products. Estate of Megan France Jeffrey S. Benice represents trust beneficiaries in […]

David Lee Roth vs. AON Insurance Company and Related Insurance Companies

In 1999 and 2000, Mr. Benice successfully represented David Lee Roth of the multi-platinum rock group Van Halen. Mr. Benice recovered $1,100,000 in damages against his insurance carriers, arising from their wrongful refusal to pay for earthquake damage to his Pasadena estate.

Comment

• CreatureFrmTheC
                        Groupie
                        • Jul 2009

I worked at a hotel once and checked in a woman who claimed her grandfather used to own the house before Dave and he was a shoe maker. Not sure if is true or not but found it interesting.

Comment

• Nitro Express
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Who owned the house before Dave was Dave's father. It was the Roth family home. Dr. Roth allowed Van Halen to use a storage area under the stairs as a practice area. That house is where it all came together. Ed building 5150 and turning that into the Van Halen creative center is what ruined the whole dynamic.

That estate probably wasn't as expensive as we think when Dave's dad bought it. You could make killer real estate deals in the 1970's if you had money. It was harder to get loans in those days but then that's what kept the prices down. If the estate is old and distressed and the family wants to unload it you can score a good deal.
                          Last edited by Nitro Express; 04-17-2011, 04:57 AM.
                          No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

The Rangers!

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cYqiRyUCtN8?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cYqiRyUCtN8?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
                            Last edited by SunisinuS; 04-17-2011, 05:29 AM. Reason: I am a Sniper. T Young in the background baby.
                            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ZahZoo
                              ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

LOL... love the driveway/garage shot... Got the Mercedes... check... 72 Ford Maverick... wtf?
                              "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• CROWBAR
                                Commando
                                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ZahZoo
                                LOL... love the driveway/garage shot... Got the Mercedes... check... 72 Ford Maverick... wtf?
                                Well, the Roth's ARE Jewish ya know. Extravagant in some ways, frugal in others.

Comment

Working...