Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hardrock69
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Feb 2005

Well, we know he shows dogs, and that he has spent some serious time in NYC working as an EMT.

In the business I deal with on a daily basis, once in awhile someone comes along who has a pile of money, but does not flaunt it, and is truly a nice person. Those are people usually who earned their money the hard way - by WORKING for it.

Then there are the idiots who came into it by inheritance, or some other means, and they can be real jackoffs.

Then you have those who are REAL assholes....they are the ones who have some money (say they earn low-6 figures or something per year), but they want you to think they are really rich. They have the "Don't you know who I am or how important I am?" mentality that is usually only reserved for spoiled rotten celebrities, but they do not have anything of substance to back the attitude up, which bothes them, and causes them to go to extremes to show everyone just how successful they truly are.

Oh, and those who are high up in the "Christian" business world (meaning, they work for mega-churches, or some business conglomerate that runs a religion - like the Southern Baptists, or the United Methodist Co. Inc.) are the ones who are the most likely to rip you off.
    I have been appalled at what I have witnessed in business dealings with these morons. One person in particular worked for a corporation that runs a certain denomination of Christianity. He is a high-mucky-muck who writes books with titles like (literally) "How To Increase Revenue From Your Flockon" (in other words, how to force the believers in your particular brand of fairy-tale to give you more money without them realizing it). I figured out really quick that he worshipped the almighty dollar.
    He came to us and wanted to hire us for our services. We had barely begun on his project, when suddenly he decided not to work with us, and then refused to pay us for our services, even though he owed us for labor hours and other expenses. He later went with another company that was far inferior to ours, and once they got done ripping him off, he complained loudly to anyone who would listen that my company was to blame.

Fucking jackasses.
    Last edited by Hardrock69; 04-19-2011, 09:18 AM.

Comment

• little_dreamer
      Full On Cocktard
      • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ashstralia

this one...
      In Neil Zlozower's book (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Van-Halen-Hi...3251025&sr=8-1) there's a colour version of that.
      I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut.

Comment

• SunisinuS
        Crazy Ass Mofo
        • May 2010

Ma and Pa done raised me right.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
        Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-06-2011, 11:31 PM. Reason: That Brunette is so fucking smoking hot. As VanHalener would say...nothing but Awwaaaah Yea!
        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

I fucking hate the Aussies. Enjoy the opening shows nubs!

Last edited by SunisinuS; 06-21-2011, 10:45 PM. Reason: Wear Sensible Shoes.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Nitro Express
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
            Back in '88, me and a few of my friends were having a few beers behind the LA Forum after the Skyscraper show. We walk by this Mercedes all polished up and sharp near the underground parking lot. One of my friends asks "Is that Daves Mercedes?" I said "Naw, it can't be. Dave has a skull and crossbones on the hood of his." and he goes "Like this one?"
            And there it was. A skull and crossbones with fire in its eyes, a big crack in the middle of its skull, and a 24 karat gold leaf tooth. Amazing artwork that just looked badass.
            My friend is both in awe and a bit drunk, so he starts outlining the skull with his finger. Which was a really fucking dangerous thing to do because this ride was equipped with a high-tech surveillance alarm, with the red and green flashing lights where the doorlocks usually are. You could drop a cunt-hair on this thing and set it off, but there's my dumb, drunk friend outlining the skull on the hood of this thing.
            We warned him. "Dude, if that thing goes off, eight gorillas will be beating the shit out of you before we can even make a move. I know you're awestruck right now by David Lee Roths badass ride, but value your life, and walk away from the fucking car".

What does any of this have to do with this thread? Not a fucking thing! But it's a really cool drinking story, and I felt like sharing it with the rest of the class.
            "The Night My Friend Tempted Fate By Fucking With David Lee Roths Merecedes"
            ....cool shit!
            I remember seeing photos of that car. Here's a cool account of it.

"I knew I was gonna live in L.A after the first time I visited Hollywood at 15 years old. My buddy got his driver license so we took a road trip from our home in the Northern California Bay Area and drove straight to the Sunset Strip. Upon parking in a lot across from the Rainbow and Roxy a Black Mercedes with a skull and crossbones on the hood pulled up next to us. Out comes David Lee Roth, as he said hello and walked across the street into the Rainbow a half a dozen girls ran out screaming and crying. One girl was banging her head against the brick wall crying in pure Beatlemania fashion. I said to my buddy, when we get out of High School we are living here..."
            No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Nitro Express
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by hambon4lif
              Back in '88, me and a few of my friends were having a few beers behind the LA Forum after the Skyscraper show. We walk by this Mercedes all polished up and sharp near the underground parking lot. One of my friends asks "Is that Daves Mercedes?" I said "Naw, it can't be. Dave has a skull and crossbones on the hood of his." and he goes "Like this one?"
              And there it was. A skull and crossbones with fire in its eyes, a big crack in the middle of its skull, and a 24 karat gold leaf tooth. Amazing artwork that just looked badass.
              My friend is both in awe and a bit drunk, so he starts outlining the skull with his finger. Which was a really fucking dangerous thing to do because this ride was equipped with a high-tech surveillance alarm, with the red and green flashing lights where the doorlocks usually are. You could drop a cunt-hair on this thing and set it off, but there's my dumb, drunk friend outlining the skull on the hood of this thing.
              We warned him. "Dude, if that thing goes off, eight gorillas will be beating the shit out of you before we can even make a move. I know you're awestruck right now by David Lee Roths badass ride, but value your life, and walk away from the fucking car".

What does any of this have to do with this thread? Not a fucking thing! But it's a really cool drinking story, and I felt like sharing it with the rest of the class.
              "The Night My Friend Tempted Fate By Fucking With David Lee Roths Merecedes"
              ....cool shit!
              I remember seeing photos of that car. Here's a cool account of it.

"I knew I was gonna live in L.A after the first time I visited Hollywood at 15 years old. My buddy got his driver license so we took a road trip from our home in the Northern California Bay Area and drove straight to the Sunset Strip. Upon parking in a lot across from the Rainbow and Roxy a Black Mercedes with a skull and crossbones on the hood pulled up next to us. Out comes David Lee Roth, as he said hello and walked across the street into the Rainbow a half a dozen girls ran out screaming and crying. One girl was banging her head against the brick wall crying in pure Beatlemania fashion. I said to my buddy, when we get out of High School we are living here..."
              No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• WARF
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Jan 2004

VH's' Pretty Woman and David Lee Roth's Shoo Bop video were shot in the same house!

Pause at 0:01

Pause at 3:33
                Last edited by WARF; 07-04-2011, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                  Crazy Ass Mofo
                  • May 2010

Originally posted by WARF

Pause at 0:01

Pause at 3:33

Again...as embedding was disabled.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

And that brunette Dave is laughing with is so fucking smoking hot.
                  Last edited by SunisinuS; 07-04-2011, 01:14 PM. Reason: High Hard One.

Comment

• VANISH
                    Roth Army Recruit
                    • Sep 2010

I Coulden't Find His House .... But I was on the Right Street !!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Seshmeister
                      ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

It just occurred to me that maybe the Backyard BBQ thing was a massive tax dodge and part of that was to film it there...

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by VANISH
                        I Coulden't Find His House .... But I was on the Right Street !!!!!!!!!!!

Holy shit dude. Is that from Temecula, CA? We have a 'DLR Drive' here. It is where the car dealerships are...assuming it stands for dealer drive or something.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• VANISH
                          Roth Army Recruit
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by sadaist
                          Holy shit dude. Is that from Temecula, CA? We have a 'DLR Drive' here. It is where the car dealerships are...assuming it stands for dealer drive or something.

You Got me !!!!! That's the One .........

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by VANISH
                            You Got me !!!!! That's the One .........

HAHA! Very cool! Howdy neighbor! If I woulda looked closer, I woulda seen the cross street is Ynez. Hell, I didn't think anyone had ever heard of Temecula, let alone another Army member living nearby.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• OULUVROTH2
                              Roadie
                              • Jun 2005

I always said that I would move to Los Angeles, and one day, go bang on Dave's door - until he opened up - and I would convince him that I was the his #1 fan - then he'd let me in... Well, I moved to LA, and finally - the day I went knocking on his gate - he didn't answer.

There's a little intercom speaker on the side of the column. I buzzed it probably a dozen times and smiled in the camera on the top wall - pointing right at me!

This was about 2 years ago...[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Seshmeister
                                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by OULUVROTH2
                                I always said that I would move to Los Angeles, and one day, go bang on Dave's door - until he opened up - and I would convince him that I was the his #1 fan - then he'd let me in... Well, I moved to LA, and finally - the day I went knocking on his gate - he didn't answer.

There's a little intercom speaker on the side of the column. I buzzed it probably a dozen times and smiled in the camera on the top wall - pointing right at me!

This was about 2 years ago...[IMG][/IMG]
                                You may find this link helpful http://tinyurl.com/6xzsznk

Comment

Working...