Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZahZoo
    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Allegedly Wolfie picked the 07/08 set list... what if he went retro down under and pulled out the VH III set list?

Unchained * Without You * One I Want * Mean Street * When It's Love * Fire in the Hole * Why Can't This Be Love * Romeo Delight (or I'm the One) * Alex's Solo * Dance the Night Away/Feel Your Love Tonight * Humans Being * Somebody Get Me a Doctor * Year to the day * Ed's Solo * Right Now * Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love * Josephina * Panama * Jump

Sure... most assume Dave won't perform Hagar or Cherone material. That's just an assumption not fact. If Junior's pulling the strings... I'd say anything is fair game...
    "If you want to be a monk... you gotta cook a lot of rice...”

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

This set will leave you deaf, drained and crawling to the car.

Light Up the Sky
      DOA
      Romeo Delight
      Take Your Whiskey Home
      New Song
      New Song
      Loss of Control
      Drop Dead Legs
      Hear About It Later

Acoustic Blues Set Featuring:
      Could This Be Magic
      Big Bad Bill
      Tin Cup Chalice
      79th & Sunset
      New Acoustic Song
      Spanish Fly

New Song
      Sinner's Swing
      Hang 'Em High
      Girl Gone Bad
      The Full Bug
      Feel Your Love Tonight
      Secrets
      Women in Love
      Beautiful Girls
      So This Is Love
      Jump

Encore:
      Somebody Get Me a Doctor
      YRGM
      Intruder/(Oh) Pretty Woman
      Unchained

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• twonabomber
        formerly F A T
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
        OK, here goes...

Tried to throw a couple of oldies not played last time, and as you will see, assumes they'll play tunes from the new album....

Unchained
        D.O.A.
        Runnin' With The Devil
        Everybody Wants Some
        Mean Street
        Hot For Teacher
        I'm The One
        New Song
        New Song
        Somebody Get Me A Doctor
        New Song
        Drop Dead Legs
        New Song
        Dance The Night Away
        So This Is Love
        Drum Solo
        Pretty Woman
        Ice Cream Man
        Panama
        Jamie's Cryin'
        Guitar Solo
        Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love
        You Really Got Me
        Jump (I hate to put Jump in yet again, but it's inevitable)
        i think four new songs is a stretch. two new songs back to back could suck the energy out of the crowd quickly.

after the first show we all know the setlist, so at least we can schedule beer runs.
        Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Romeo Delight
          ROCKSTAR

• Feb 2005

Zahzoo, there is no way Cherone or Hagar era will be played.

I am hoping for So This is Love and Girl Gone Bad, Hear About it Later.

Must plays are Romeo Delight, Light up the Sky, Mean Street, Unchained.

I always thought that Secrets was an underated live tune
          sigpicRoth Army Canada

Comment

• SunisinuS
            Crazy Ass Mofo
            • May 2010

Umm ...if they play any solo songs it will be Yankee Rose or some such......no Hagar shit will be included....Ummm Kay?
            Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SunisinuS
              Umm ...if they play any solo songs it will be Yankee Rose or some such......no Hagar shit will be included....Ummm Kay?
              At first glance I'd doubt they'd play DLR solo songs because of their catalog and a new album, but then again they played Hagarita solo songs when Bette joined the band.....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• FORD
                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

What I would really like to see is NO setlist at all. Assuming a new album is released before the tour starts down under, you have 7 albums of material to pick from, plus the two songs from 1996, and older songs from the pre-WB days that never made the albums. And of course, they could always throw in some covers (aside from the ones already in the recorded catalog)

They could play a different set every night and still leave the fucking keyboards at home. Yeah, I'm saying leave "Jump" and "I'll Wait" out of this tour.

The Grateful Dead was famous for this approach to concerts, of course, but other artists have adapted to it as well. I've seen Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers live several times, and the tours where they didn't have a set list were actually better. Especially if you're planning on seeing more than one show in the tour, it kinda sucks when you know what all the songs are going to be in advance.

Keep it fresh, guys.... Play 4 or 5 songs from the new record every night (rotate those every show too) and for the rest of the set, just play whatever the fuck you want.

EXCEPT Van Hagar songs, of course. (Like I said, Ed can leave the synthesizer at home. Nobody's gonna miss it.)
                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

At first glance I'd doubt they'd play DLR solo songs because of their catalog and a new album, but then again they played Hagarita solo songs when Bette joined the band.....
                  I think Eddie would really be resistant to playing Dave's solo stuff. Though admittedly I'd really like to see an acoustic set somewhere in the middle of this show that would have Dave & Ed play "Could This Be Magic", "79th & Sunset", The Beatles "I've Just Seen A Face" (Dave did this in 1988), and "Going Places" from the DLR Band album. And then they start off "Take Your Whiskey Home", with Al & Wolf coming in at the appropriate time.
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• SunisinuS
                    Crazy Ass Mofo
                    • May 2010

Originally posted by FORD
                    Assuming a new album is released
                    What the hell is wrong with your head? A new album is already almost in the can. I want them to play the fucking WHOLE NEW ALBUM.
                    Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• FORD
                      ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

There's no way they will play an entire new album in one show. But assuming there are 12 tracks on the CD, and they play 4 of them every night, then they will be playing the whole thing at least every three shows. I'd be cool with that.
                      Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Originally posted by SunisinuS
                        What the hell is wrong with your head? A new album is already almost in the can. I want them to play the fucking WHOLE NEW ALBUM.
                        Your opinions are no better or worse than anyone else's. Relax.
                        Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• SunisinuS
                          Crazy Ass Mofo
                          • May 2010

Your opinions are no better or worse than anyone else's. Relax.
                          Agreed.

Relax.

Any new information?
                          Last edited by SunisinuS; 05-15-2011, 04:56 PM. Reason: Feeling Vglempt in the Chestal Area? I am good.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • May 2010

Ford. Do you want them to play almost every song on the new album? Would be fun!

Comment

• binnie
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • May 2006

New songs? Doubt you'll hear them on the Aussie tour.

I imagine those setlists will be a 'greatest hits', so to speak. Don't be expecting deep cuts at a festival where the crowd will be very, very diverse.
                              The Power Of The Riff Compels Me

Comment

• FORD
                                ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by binnie
                                New songs? Doubt you'll hear them on the Aussie tour.

I imagine those setlists will be a 'greatest hits', so to speak. Don't be expecting deep cuts at a festival where the crowd will be very, very diverse.
                                Well, we know they're in the studio, and most recent word from Howdy Doody Mountain (filtered through God Knows Who) was that a late summer album release was most likely. So it seems odd that they would begin a tour at that time and NOT play the new stuff. As the headliner of this festival, they should be playing a full set, so there's plenty of time to mix in 3 or 4 new songs.

Of course we haven't heard the new stuff yet, so there's no way of knowing whether it would go over with the younger part of the crowd any better or worse than the classic Van HALEN tunes will.
                                Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

Comment

Working...