Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Loss of Control? I don't see three guys in their mid 50's playing that one.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• rocking ron
      Head Fluffer
      • Sep 2010

And "On Fire"??

Comment

• rocking ron
        Head Fluffer
        • Sep 2010

The setlist of their last '07/'08 "world"tour was ok for me but in the next tour they have to leave out all the 'solo'stuff and songs like Atomic Punk, I'll Wait, Little Dreamer, Jamy's Criyn', Little Guitars and instead of those I would like to hear 3 new songs; from the úpcoming album & Feel your love tonight, Bottoms Up!, Me Wise Magic, Where have all the good times gone, Hear about it Later, The Full Bug & Outta love Again. Ofcourse I can come up with some more 'wishes' like : Girl gone bad, Fools & You're no Good and the one they never ever have played live, my fave : Dirty Movies

Put this show on the Road

Comment

• VAiN
          Use my hand, I won't look
          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

I think we can all agree that Me Wise Magic would be so fucking cool to hear live.. Put Ed's newly revamped left hand to the test..
          Originally posted by wiseguy
          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• rocking ron
            Head Fluffer
            • Sep 2010

And IF they decide to play some of Dave's solo stuff during their next tour, wich ones ( no not everything ) would you like to hear ' here are my 5 faves ( at the moment ) 1) Yankee Rose
            2) Drop in the Bucket
            3) Just like Paradise
            4) Slam Dunk
            5) Wawazat

Comment

• VanHalenI
              Roadie
              • Dec 2010

Actually adding solo songs from Diamond Dave's career would be actually a greeeat strategy I wanna listen to Yankee Rose, and maybe Just Like Paradise.

But what will definetely get my dick hard, is if they play
              -Me Wise Magic
              -Drop Dead Legs
              -Dirty Movies
              -Girl Gone Bad

THAT'S IT! CLASSIC =VH= FO LIFE!
              I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
              It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• indeedido
                Veteran
                • Feb 2004

Ed struggles to play CVH, how would he fair playing some Vai or Becker?
                This space for rent.

Comment

• Terry
                  TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                  Ed struggles to play CVH, how would he fair playing some Vai or Becker?
                  Thinking of Ed trying to play It's Showtime! or Shyboy these days...it'd be even more cringeworthy than watching him fumble the Ice Cream Man solo or Eruption again.

Never mind Wolfie stepping up and attempting to replicate Big Bad Billy Sheehan's basswork...
                  Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• VanHalenI
                    Roadie
                    • Dec 2010

Man... poor Ed he can't do Ice Cream Man's Solo anymore... that sucks but still the songs are "garanteed to satisfy"
                    I had some crazy vision, one I can't deny it
                    It said "Open your eyes. Leave it all behind."

Comment

• sadaist
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by VanHalenI
                      Man... poor Ed he can't do Ice Cream Man's Solo anymore... that sucks ..

Says who?

FF - 5:30 mark if you must.

“Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by indeedido
                        Ed struggles to play CVH, how would he fair playing some Vai ?

Well, considering Vai struggled to sound like EVH, I think Eddie would do just fine.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                          ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                          • Dec 2003

For the gearheads, do you guys think Ed will continue to with his wired setup this time around? It restricts his movement so much, he can't even go out to the "S"....
                          Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jero
                            Crazy Ass Mofo
                            • Jan 2004

Man... poor Ed he can't do Ice Cream Man's Solo anymore... that sucks but still the songs are "garanteed to satisfy"

Well he did a fine job in NY last tour. He played the solo a lot better then Vai used to play it

Comment

• VAiN
                              ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

He definitely struggled with the first few bars - the really fast stuff with the crazy stretch. He did get it pretty much down after the 'break' in Feb 08... I like to think that he'll have no more issues with that shit after the hand surgery. We shall see soon enough....
                              That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• VAiN
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                                For the gearheads, do you guys think Ed will continue to with his wired setup this time around? It restricts his movement so much, he can't even go out to the "S"....
                                I sure hope he goes back to wireless... He used one forever in the 80's-90's... but once the big crazy started setting in around 98 all of a sudden he could hear a difference. Hell, if nothing else the Official EVH 5150 Wolƒgang Wireless 5000™ would be a nice addition to the product line.

Comment

Working...