Do we have a release date yet for the new album?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chefcraig
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by speedtruckermf
    As of yesterday they were still "tweaking" the record...
    It's amazing how that word would have had a different interpretation when applied to VH as recently as seven years ago...

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• vaijuju
      Sniper
      • Jan 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
      It would have been far more informative and better served matters if you'd taken some effort and found the JC Penny site link (which reveals this new "July 4th shirt" has been available there since April) rather than merely quoting another person's post from another site, as usual.

JC Penny Van Halen Stars Logo Tee

1) Sure I'm wrong for not doing the rules from this board, i always thought that there was a community van halen's fan
      2) In the past , when i posted some threads that i found in other van halen' site , you said enough and i stoped
      3) The result, now you can delete my account! 13 post for last 3 months , nobody 'll miss me,i wont post anymore! no stupids posts from me!
      Last edited by vaijuju; 06-27-2011, 01:52 PM.
      http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by vaijuju
        1) Sure I'm wrong for not doing the rules from this board, i always thought that there was a community van halen's fan
        2) In the past , when i posted some threads that i found in other van halen' site , you said enough and i stoped
        3) The result, now you can delete my account! i wont post anymore! no stupids posts from me!
        aw, keep 'em comin'
        Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Dan
          DIAMOND STATUS
          • Jan 2004

3) The result, now you can delete my account! 13 post for last 3 months , nobody 'll miss me,i wont post anymore! no stupids posts from me!
          Double Damn.
          First Roth Army Kiwi To See Van Halen Live 6/16/2012 Phoenix Arizona.

Comment

• chefcraig
            DIAMOND STATUS
            • Apr 2004

no stupids posts from me!
            Wouldn't that be a first. If people wish to visit other sites in this so-called "VH community" you imagine, then they are free to do so. If that is the case, they certainly do not need you running around copying and pasting stuff they are likely to have already read for them. And since your posts are usually made up of speculation offered by others that are no more in the know about the inner workings of VH than anyone else around here, your entire act is completely redundant and mind-numbingly pointless in the first place.

Don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out. One more thing...

"Don't go away mad, just go away."

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
            ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
              ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

I'm actually surprised there hasn't been a series of "Anal Thrust"/"The Girl" insider trolls this time around. All we get is second hand disinfo from VH Links.
              Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Apr 2004

That whole act was tired years ago. Essentially, someone you'd never heard of would join a site, claim to be a fly on the wall within the VH camp, make a few vague as hell pronouncements they couldn't back up, then wish to contact a moderator for "verification" of their info. A few PMs later, and absolutely nothing would get revealed. In the meantime, other posters would start taking shots at the newcomer, who would then turn unusually snotty and drag this out for an afternoon or as long as two whole days before melting down completely and insulting everybody. A defiant curse of "Mark my words!" would be offered (along with some "I'll be back to gloat" crap), then the nutcase would disappear back into the ether, never to be heard from again once his so-called "inside info" or predictions failed to pan out.

In other words, a craptacular waste of time for everyone, aside from the unbalanced, attention-seeking piece of Samsonite who started the ball rolling in the first place.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• FORD
                  ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Hey, I'm still waiting for that "Van Covercheese" demo tape that one of those fucknuts promised to mail me back in 2000
                  Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

Christ, I remember when that act was brought out a second time about 4-5 years later. The classics never get old, eh?

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Julius
                      Foot Soldier
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Unchainme
                      was it WARF, Pojo or hitch that went after him?
                      I know Hitch did, don't remember WARF or Pojo being around at the time. But I was rather young then, so the details are fuzzy.

The Dump was not a place for free speech so bannings happened on a regular basis. I can't remember who had the distinction of being the first regular poster banned, it was either Hitch or FORD if memory serves. I'm sure FORD remembers.

Comment

• mh5150
                        Foot Soldier
                        • Mar 2010

Question-- About the VH silence?

With all the silence coming or not coming from the VH camp (howdy doodie mountain) . Are they creating more of a buzz by not saying anything. Even the Diamond one has been extremely quite for over 2 years now. In today's media world when album sales are way down and people buy or steal singles is VH doing the right thing? Or is it that the album is not done and us VH freaks are wishing or wanting it like a kid at xmas. Do you think this all being done on purpose to draw attention to them? Maybe they do know what going on. I guess time will tell
                        1) Chickenshite with all this publicity
                        2) Van Halen with ZERO publicity
                        Who sells more records and sells out more shows?

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• VAiN
                          Use my hand, I won't look
                          ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by mh5150
                          1) Chickenshite with all this publicity
                          2) Van Halen with ZERO publicity
                          Nice, another thread covering this...

Oh well, As Dave said, “In America, we believe big time in publicizing the shit out of ‘we ain’t talkin’.’ First we make goddamn sure that everybody knows we ain’t saying anything.

Originally posted by mh5150
                          Who sells more records and sells out more shows?
                          You have got to be kidding. chickenfeed will be a blip on the screen at best...
                          Originally posted by wiseguy
                          That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• mh5150
                            Foot Soldier
                            • Mar 2010

[/QUOTE] -You have got to be kidding. chickenfeed will be a blip on the screen at best...[/QUOTE]
                            I know who will sell more Vh will blow chickenshite out of the universe but i was curious on the way both sides and other artists promote or not promote new music. Which way is better? I guess its depends who who they are .

My tickets in the mail yet?

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                              • Dec 2003

You're stating this "no publicity" as if it's all of a sudden a new concept for VH....

I think overall it's not fair to compare how VH publicized their albums in the CVH/DLR era, but presently, in the Internet/Facebook/Twitter social media landscape nowadays, they continue to make a huge mistake...

Not when it comes to the music, that can wait until the album or at the very least a single is released....

But merely to interact with their past, current and future fanbases.... And during times like this, when they're on the verge of releasing a new album, they could already be mass publicizing it.....

But all we have to rely on is basic rumor mongers....
                              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• VAiN
                                Use my hand, I won't look
                                ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Samuel Roy Hagar is a troll and will reference VH at any given opportunity. So, I suppose in a way that does double duty of promoting VH and making him look like a complete jealous cunt..
                                Originally posted by wiseguy
                                That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

Working...