X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rockvanhalen66
    Foot Soldier
    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bill Lumbergh
    Although you could also look at it this way........... maybe Ed finally figured out that it's idiotic to piss off the major part of your fanbase by taking shots at Dave. I'd like to think he's respecting the legacy, but who knows?
    i never heard sam bash dave. i went to three shows on this tour nothing ever said about dave. on the dave and sam show sam was the openact for that show. he did his shit and dave came out. he played for awhile then he started bashing sam. this might be sams way of getting back who knows.
    long live van halen

Comment

• Bill Lumbergh
      ROCKSTAR

• Mar 2004

Wearing that banner just shows how insecure he still is. And about Dave bashing Sam.........Sam has been attacking him for 19 years, spreading lies about him etc. I think all in all Dave has been pretty easy on him.

Comment

• Halen High
        Commando
        • Jul 2004

Matt White, you are spot on about Van Halen losing the younger generation with Sammy.

My 13 and 16 year old cousins are into the latest stuff on the charts, which most of us have no time for, BUT they are also well aware of bands like Kiss, AC/DC, Ozzy, Aerosmith and Guns n Roses. They even like some of the stuff these band released.

Recently, I told them VH was my favourite band and they said they had never fucking heard of them!!!

In general terms, the Van Hagar era has destroyed Van Halen's adolescent appeal. A characteristic they were once famous for.

Comment

• ELVIS
          Banned
          • Dec 2003

Maybe Ed thought it was a pro Dave banner...

Comment

• rockvanhalen66
            Foot Soldier
            • Jun 2004

they both do there share of bashing i guess. becuse they both know the best thing either one has ever done was with vanhalen. let me ask this do you think if dave was back would the band last together? let the egos fly.
            long live van halen

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by ELVIS
              Maybe Ed didnt want Sammy to be able to hide his fat ass so he removed the banner. Eddie might be at the first steps of coming out of denial so by taking off the banner he wanted to show the truth.

Comment

• rockvanhalen66
                Foot Soldier
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by thefive
                Maybe Ed didnt want Sammy to be able to hide his fat ass so he removed the banner. Eddie might be at the first steps of coming out of denial so by taking off the banner he wanted to show the truth.
                five you dont like ed ?
                long live van halen

Comment

• Big Train
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2004

The tell tale propaganda and/or delusion is the line that Sammy has great respect for the past. While he is wearing a cape that says fuck the past? Stupid hack can't even keep his own column straight.

Eddie has to keep his options open at this point. Hell, the Spermoritas are still on retainer, waiting for him to return off tour anyway. Nobody is planning long term here.

If Van Halen, in ANY configuration, is to return to prominence, all roads lead through Diamond City. End of story.

Comment

• Igosplut
                    ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

That ten years of therapy must be kickin in.......
                    Chainsaw Muthuafucka

Comment

• Panamark
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by ELVIS
                      I was about to proclaim this as the single most positive moment of this tour, then ELVIS drops this on us...

If Ed did read the banner, its a huge sign of class for one that has been devoid of class.

If not... same old same old...

Im wanting to think he did read it, and it was a show of class and
                      respect..
                      BABY PANA 2 IS Coming !! All across the land, let the love and beer flow !
                      Love ya Mary Frances!

Comment

• Halen High
                        Commando
                        • Jul 2004

Right now an insecure Sammy Hagar is asking himself why no other musicians ever cite the Van Hagar years as an influence.

Comment

• Carmine
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

well good for Ed! Dave hasnt said a word and probably wont ever. It shows a little bit of class on Eds part to do that, a small move but very signifigant. Has he ever done this in the past?

Comment

• Bob_R
                            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by Big Train
                            The tell tale propaganda and/or delusion is the line that Sammy has great respect for the past. While he is wearing a cape that says fuck the past? Stupid hack can't even keep his own column straight.

Eddie has to keep his options open at this point. Hell, the Spermoritas are still on retainer, waiting for him to return off tour anyway. Nobody is planning long term here.

If Van Halen, in ANY configuration, is to return to prominence, all roads lead through Diamond City. End of story.
                            Great post man. Especially the last paragraph.
                            Talk Classic Rock - The Official Message Board For Classic Rock -- Now on XenForo!

Comment

• bru87tr
                              Commando
                              • Apr 2004

im shocked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe ed is trying to show new light on himself.

gota say I never expected ed to do something like that in defense of Dave and Classic VH.

maybe ed isnt the complete asshole I thought he was. still he has done some pretty bad shit, personally I think alot more has to do with that cunt Alex feeding ed what to think and say.
                              "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• bru87tr
                                Commando
                                • Apr 2004

who says ed and dave cant work together. they did it for how many years ??????????

the only reason ed doesnt have dave in is because of that cunt Alex. ed is very impressionable. ed is very easily distracted and tricked.

VH was a successful band because dave worked his ass off to make them that way. ed, was a great guitarist but he did nothing else to make them successful. Dave did all the work and being a part of the music. Dave is a hard worker and what you put in is what comes out. just look at the current state of Van fagar.

if ed has a honest bone in his body it is a matter of time that ed comes to his senses and the original will get back for one last horrah!!!!!
                                "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

Working...