X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • EddieFan4Ever
    Roadie
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by bru87tr
    who says ed and dave cant work together. they did it for how many years ??????????

the only reason ed doesnt have dave in is because of that cunt Alex. ed is very impressionable. ed is very easily distracted and tricked.

VH was a successful band because dave worked his ass off to make them that way. ed, was a great guitarist but he did nothing else to make them successful. Dave did all the work and being a part of the music. Dave is a hard worker and what you put in is what comes out. just look at the current state of Van fagar.

if ed has a honest bone in his body it is a matter of time that ed comes to his senses and the original will get back for one last horrah!!!!!
    It's not about honesty.....my opinion is this: Ed stops drinking and you'll see Dave back in. He's most impressionable while intoxicated. Of course, i still have it that VH will reunite with Dave next year....so, drunk or sober it should happen.
    "Simply said....God is Ed!!"

Comment

• Keeyth
      Crazy Ass Mofo
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Panamark
      I was about to proclaim this as the single most positive moment of this tour, then ELVIS drops this on us...

If Ed did read the banner, its a huge sign of class for one that has been devoid of class.

If not... same old same old...

Im wanting to think he did read it, and it was a show of class and
      respect..
      Here here! If Ed did read it and pulled it off, it's the first thing he's done right since 1996... ...and there is no way he thought it was pro-Dave, cuz there is no fucking WAY Spammy would have put that on himself! THINK for a minute, Elvis!
      Knowing and believing are two very different things.

It is the difference between the knowledge we accrue... ...and the knowledge we apply.

Comment

• thefive

Originally posted by rockvanhalen66
        five you dont like ed ?
        Yeah I like Ed. 99 percent of all my bashing is on Sammy.
        I really do not have a problem with Ed. But my post did not bash Ed. Maybe a little. I just said he was in denial about Sam's fat ass.

Comment

• bru87tr
          Commando
          • Apr 2004

seems the older I get the more I believe they will get back together. I really do hate hating ed but he has done and said some fucked up shit.

your right Eddiefan4eva, ed stops drinking and dave is back in. dave didnt control ed back in the day it was that dave was a leader and it was easy for ed being drunk as he was to just let dave do things. he trusted him and knew he did a great job and cared about the band as a business.

but I believe the way ed looks now he is seriously drinking and listens to too much of what Alex has to say. ed will wise up soon I think and to me I think its fucked up Dave is so quiet. really fucked up. hes just keeping busy but not music busy. strange it is!
          "I've been rich and I've been poor....rich is better, totally better"

Comment

• DLR_EngineRoom
            Veteran
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Terry
            Sam should just keep quiet until he's able to bring something better to the Van Halen table than Roth did.

Fifty bucks says Hagar spent the last 4 months thinking that lame ass slogan up, made the banner himself and instructed a roadie to throw it up onstage.
            EX-F***ING-ZACTLY

I'm not so sure Eddie pulled it off him for the reasons I've seen posted here so far. I think it could've easily been just a random, spur-of-the-moment thing Eddie did. Not saying it DID happen, just could've...
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t.../EddieDave.jpg
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...ve_ed_2007.jpg
            http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...os/TORCH_B.gif

Comment

• scottydabodi
              Crazy Ass Mofo
              • Jun 2004

Sheep

Man, anyone bringin' an anti-Dave banner to a Hagar show has GOT to have the brain the size of a proton. Sam's a dried up stinky dick licker that wouldn't know a good song if it bit his FAT ASS!!! In ALL sincerity, I can't name on Hagar tune EVER WRITTEN that is a kick ass tune. What's Sam's BEST song ever, like, "Poundcake"?!? Fuck that shit!!! "Hot for Teacher" KICKS ASS ALL OVER THAT TUNE!!!!!! And "...teacher" is only one of many GREAT songs that Dave was in on... Dave+Ed=Genius Kick Ass Rock n Roll!! Sam+Ed=Lovey-Dovey, light FM, "Let's talk about our FEELINGS" BULLSHIT. You know where your dinner hangs, shithead!
              If you listen to fools
              The Mob Rules

Comment

• Terry
                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                • Jan 2004

Roth totally looms over that band in a way Hagar never will.

If it were the classic lineup on the road this year, nobody would even be mentioning Hagar's name.
                Scramby eggs and bacon.

Comment

• pkolb
                  Groupie
                  • Jun 2004

There is a line in the article that disturbs me. It reads:

"He didn't rip it from Hagar's shoulders, or make a big stink about it, as he might have done years ago. He discreetly pulled it off."

So far, everybody is saying it was cool of Eddie to take it off, and I agree, but is the author suggesting that Eddie might have taken more offense to the banner years ago, or that Eddie might have held the banner up and showed it off in the past? I read it as the former, in which case it doesn't sound like such good news to me. It sounds like Eddie is more tolerant of anti-Roth sentiment these days, even if he's not happy with it. Am I misinterpreting this?

Comment

• Hecubus
                    Foot Soldier
                    • Jan 2004

good for Eddie.

Hell, I'd throw my jockeys at him for that one.
                    "Honey, my shirt got itself torn up. My shirt tore itself on that stripper's hand, and I need it to be sewed up for the show."
                    "No problem, Dave, no problem. Say hello to Fluffy."
                    "Fuck you, Fluffy."
                    "No, no, you're going to upset Fluffy."
                    "I ain't saying hello to no stuffed bear."
                    "You know, now that I think about it, it's going to take a little longer to sew up that shirt than I was thinking."
                    "Hi Fluffy, how you been?"
                    "Now that I'm thinking of it even more, it's going to take half the time, Double D, Diamond Dave! Would you hold Fluffy?"
                    "N--- yeah."

Comment

• 5150Clown
                      Head Fluffer
                      • Mar 2004

Honestly guys, I think Ed can't read and when he saw the word "Dave" on it, he took it off thinking it was praising Dave. He's a moron.

I'd like to know who's the idiot fan that wrote such a banner.

Idiot fan =
                      "hmmm....let me make a banner that will get Hagar's attention and will piss off all the Dave fans so I can get my ass kicked when I get out of the show".
                      "If Eddie & Dave would put asside their egos, Aerosmith would have to give up their tittle of the 'Greatest American Rock Band'"

Comment

• General Hina
                        Sniper
                        • Feb 2004

Seriously these guys should start to act a little bit more mature. Even if someone brought that banner to the show doesn't mean Eddie and Sammy have to acknowledge it. Grow up Sam and Ed.

Over and Out,
                        General Hina

Comment

• Carmine
                          ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by pkolb
                          There is a line in the article that disturbs me. It reads:

"He didn't rip it from Hagar's shoulders, or make a big stink about it, as he might have done years ago. He discreetly pulled it off."

So far, everybody is saying it was cool of Eddie to take it off, and I agree, but is the author suggesting that Eddie might have taken more offense to the banner years ago, or that Eddie might have held the banner up and showed it off in the past? I read it as the former, in which case it doesn't sound like such good news to me. It sounds like Eddie is more tolerant of anti-Roth sentiment these days, even if he's not happy with it. Am I misinterpreting this?
                          I think so, in years past he would have let sam wear the thing through the show. By taking it off, albeit discretly, it shows Ed still has respect for Dave. Just my opinion, and I take it as a good sign for the future.

Comment

• MERRYKISSMASS2U
                            Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

does the author of that article have to be reminded that VAN Halen is not back together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????? ?????????? Dave is VH, and he is nowhere in Van Hagar right now, only some fat troll.

Comment

• tjvhou812
                              Full Member Status

• Mar 2004

Originally posted by Brownsound1
                              Good to see Edward do the right thing.
                              yea but people here will still bash him....

i saw alot of vh shows, and i never heard ed bash dave once...

in concert anyway..
                              they both took shots at each other in the press

but thats the past eddie moved on...

and so should everyone else
                              Originally posted by RIKK

Now, tj was indeed a major cunt. Indeed, he probably still is.

Comment

Working...