Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nitro Express
    DIAMOND STATUS
    • Aug 2004

I have a no Christmas until December rule. Once December rolls in I'm going to be playing Christmas music everyday and the Brian Setzer Orchestra's Chirstmas CD will be a big part of it. I can't believe Thanksgiving is almost upon us. Where did the last three months go?
    No! You can't have the keys to the wine cellar!

Comment

• Blaze
      Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by sonrisa salvaje
      I love Seltzer myself. Especially Brian Seltzer. The Stray Cats rock.
      Stray Cats Rock! Brian Seltzer(though I did not know that was his name) Rocks!. I would love to see The Brian Setzer Orchestra
      "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
      sigpic

Comment

• Hardrock69
        DIAMOND STATUS
        • Feb 2005

Never was into him. Good guitarist, and Stray Cats were a neat concept, but I have always pretty much hated rockabilly.

Comment

• SunisinuS
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • May 2010

Grammys Confirm Van Halen 'Reunion' With Unsubtle Tweet

I hate the Grammys.
          Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• Blaze
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by Hardrock69
            Never was into him. Good guitarist, and Stray Cats were a neat concept, but I have always pretty much hated rockabilly.
            I like the Stray Cats, but if asked to define Rockabilly, I would not be sure what that is. I guess that would be Jerry Lee Lewis and most all of today's Country music.
            "I have heard there are troubles of more than one kind. - Some come from ahead and some come from behind. - But I've bought a big bat. I'm all ready you see. - Now my troubles are going to have troubles with me!" ~ Dr. Seuss
            sigpic

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

i bet you there will be some sort of "cancellation" and VH PR bitch saying "we never confirmed the band's attendance."

LOL
              =V V=
              ole No.1 The finest
              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                DIAMOND STATUS
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                i bet you there will be some sort of "cancellation" and VH PR bitch saying "we never confirmed the band's attendance."

LOL
                will not take that bet
                Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                  ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                  • Dec 2003

Thank you, I was getting ready for the
                  Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Blaze
                    Full Member Status

• Jan 2009

Originally posted by PETE'S BROTHER
                    will not take that bet
                    I have the Devil singing that song. I'll give you this instead. .....

Whoa sad news, I am sure it is not the same Taz I know... But none the less. Sad new indeed.

'The Devil Went Down To Georgia' Co-Writer Killed
                    by THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

text size A A A NASHVILLE, Tennessee October 13, 2011, 09:21 pm ET
                    NASHVILLE, Tennessee (AP) — Country star Charlie Daniels says his longtime keyboardist and co-writer of "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" had his own musical personality

Joel "Taz" DiGregorio, 67, was killed Wednesday night in a single-car accident on Interstate 40 west of Nashville while en route to Georgia for a Charlie Daniels Band concert that has since been canceled. He was alone when his car flipped going around a curve, Daniels said.

"He was an intricate part of our sound for 40 years," Daniels said Thursday in a telephone interview. "If you listened to our records, you could hear Taz all over them. He had a riff in 'The Devil Went Down to Georgia' which was his idea."

Wearing an ever present cowboy hat and always to Daniels' right on stage, DiGregorio was a fixture of the band's rocking persona.

"He just fit in with our music for 40 years. It won't be easy without him," Daniels said.

Daniels said he will resume performing next Friday and Saturday in Oklahoma with just five members.

"I won't replace him now," Daniels said. "I can't come to grips with replacing him right now, but I will."

DiGregorio is survived by his wife, two sons and two daughters. Funeral arrangements were incomplete.

Course JuJu would never slip nutting past the gourds.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Hardrock69
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Feb 2005

Yes, 2 of my closest friends here in Nashville were LONG TIME friends of his. One of whom works on Charlie's road crew. I spoke to my friend that very evening, just as he was leaving to meet the tour bus. Taz was driving on I-40 to meet the bus as well.

Won't go into details of the accident out of respect for Taz.

Sad times here in Gnashville.

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                        ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                        • Dec 2003

Come on folks...

Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Antman
                          Commando
                          • Jan 2004

New album to be called Perfect Storm? Anyone hear this?
                          When the shit hits the fan, close your mouth and duck.

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Feb 2007

well, now, from you, yes.
                            Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

Originally posted by Antman
                              New album to be called Perfect Storm? Anyone hear this?
                              Not to answer your question with a question, but where did YOU hear it?
                              Originally posted by perilouspete
                              fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

• fryingdutchman
                                Full Member Status

• Feb 2005

For shits and giggles, I Googled "Van Halen Perfect Storm", and the only hits came back to the VHND article from early October...

There were some comments to the article referencing the word "storm", and somebody used the phrase "the perfect storm", but not in relation to an album title.

I love how meaningless shit can grow legs and start to walk around these forums. (Not a slap at you Antman, just a general observation)
                                Originally posted by perilouspete
                                fryingdutchman you pretty much own everyone.....sick comebacks, well put. top class wit.

Comment

Working...