Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FORD
    ROTH ARMY MODERATOR

• Jan 2004

Has Mutt done anything since he divorced Shania? It seemed like the only thing he was doing before then was her records, for a while. And considering what happened to both Foreigner and Def Leppard under Mutt's "supervision", he might not be the best example.

Sure he's got some solid albums to his credit. Highway to Hell. Back In Black. High and Dry. Pyromania was even tolerable, I guess. But after that, he really seemed to embrace the cheese factor.
    Eat Us And Smile

Cenk For America 2024!!

Justice Democrats

"If the American people had ever known the truth about what we (the BCE) have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched." - Poppy Bush, 1992

Comment

• chefcraig
      DIAMOND STATUS
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by FORD
      Has Mutt done anything since he divorced Shania? It seemed like the only thing he was doing before then was her records, for a while. And considering what happened to both Foreigner and Def Leppard under Mutt's "supervision", he might not be the best example.
      He did a Nickelback album and the latest Maroon 5 release, but outside of a couple one-off tracks, he hasn't done much of anything since 2008.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
      ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• sadaist
        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by FORD

Sure he's got some solid albums to his credit. Highway to Hell. Back In Black. High and Dry. Pyromania was even tolerable, I guess. But after that, he really seemed to embrace the cheese factor.

Dude...you just described Van Halen perfectly. Had a string of great albums...then embraced cheese. We respect Van Halen for their original string of albums & have hope they can recapture that. I think with the strength of the greats he has done, I'd give Mutt the reins. Just those 4 albums you list are in the top albums of all time. And two of them are top 5. (not gonna argue which 2)

Mutt was drawn to cheese by phenomenal pussy.

Van Halen was drawn to cheese by.......what was it again?
        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Halen High
          Commando
          • Jul 2004

Obviously Andrew is still smarting over being scooped by the VHND. The VHND reported the above weeks ago. Now Melodicrock seem to be suggesting that when the VHND reported that VH would be working with John Shanks AND recording in January it was only rumour until confirmed by Melodicrock. No news here.

Comment

• lesfunk
            Full Member Status

• Jan 2004

Originally posted by sadaist

Mutt was drawn to cheese by phenomenal pussy.

Van Halen was drawn to cheese by.......what was it again?
            A mediocre red pussy
            http://gifsoup.com/imager.php?id=4448212&t=o GIFSoup

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
              Obviously Andrew is still smarting over being scooped by the VHND. The VHND reported the above weeks ago. Now Melodicrock seem to be suggesting that when the VHND reported that VH would be working with John Shanks AND recording in January it was only rumour until confirmed by Melodicrock. No news here.
              Yes, that's exactly what I said earlier. The only way that this could be news would be if melodicrock would care to explain how he confirmed things, instead of merely "decreeing" it as legitimate and inserting himself into the story.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

Yep, he is just repeating/confirming the VHND story. Andrew needs to come up with something we DON'T already know.

I'm feeling pretty good about them this time. There's no way VH would have booked a high profile producer such as Shanks if they were not sure of seeing it through this time. Imagine what he's getting paid for his time?

Comment

• Etienne
                  Commando
                  • Aug 2010

I'll Wait

Comment

• CROWBAR
                    Commando
                    • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Halen High
                    Yep. It was previously mentioned at the newsdesk. I posted about it down in the Ross Hogarth thread the other day. Had to backtrack a bit to find it, but it was there at the newsdesk some time ago.

Originally posted by chefcraig
                    Yes, that's exactly what I said earlier. The only way that this could be news would be if melodicrock would care to explain how he confirmed things, instead of merely "decreeing" it as legitimate and inserting himself into the story.
                    That dickhead is already taking credit for it over the Links too. They all stroke his oversized ego there. Geez, you wouldn't believe all the suckup's and asskissing towards that moron going on.

Comment

• ELVIS
                      Banned
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Etienne
                      I'll Wait
                      Drop Dead Legs

Comment

• diamondsgirl
                        ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                        • Apr 2004

So, was Dave in the studio yesterday or not?? Anyone??
                        “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Feb 2007

yes
                          Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• chefcraig
                            DIAMOND STATUS
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by diamondsgirl
                            So, was Dave in the studio yesterday or not?? Anyone??
                            I am quite confident that I can confirm David Lee Roth was indeed working in the studio Monday afternoon with Van Halen. At this time, I will offer no comment on my earlier statements that the Cincinnati Bengals were a lock to win the Super Bowl this year and that Battlefield Earth would be the biggest grossing movie of all time.
                            Last edited by chefcraig; 01-18-2011, 12:08 PM.

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
                              Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

I just wanna know if "Club Dave" was set up at 5150.
                              =V V=
                              ole No.1 The finest
                              EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Vinnie Velvet
                                I just wanna know if "Club Dave" was set up at 5150.
                                "Roth, what is it with these fuckin' palm trees? What is this fuckin' shit? We are fuckin' forty...err, fuckin' fifty year olds in this band now! We're fuckin' proffessionals! Fuck this!" - Alex Van Halen, January 17, 2011

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...