X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vaijuju
    Sniper
    • Jan 2008

he's working for VH since 2006

VAN HALEN Publicist 'Not Denying' Rumors Of 'Rock Star' Talent Search - Feb. 12, 2006

TMZ.com is reporting that VAN HALEN are in the market for a new lead singer, and the marketplace will be the upcoming reality show "Rock Star: The Series".

Last October, VAN HALEN reps vehemently denied the band would use "Rock Star" in a talent search for a new lead singer. The reps are now singing a different tune. VAN HALEN publicist Larry Solters told TMZ.com: "I'm not denying it. I'm not going to answer any questions about it."

Last year, the band INXS used "Rock Star" to find a new lead singer. J.D. Fortune won the competition, and the band is now making a comeback with a hit new album and a sold-out tour.

As for VAN HALEN, the group has had three lead singers since it hit the scene back in 1978: David Lee Roth, who left the band in 1985, Sammy Hagar, who split in 1995, and Gary Cherone, who did just one album and tour with the band in 1998.

The next season of "Rock Star", produced by Mark Burnett for CBS, is scheduled to air during the summer. Neither Burnett nor CBS would comment on the VAN HALEN buzz.
    Last edited by vaijuju; 11-18-2010, 11:23 AM.
    http://vhfrance.activebb.net/ (1 er Site Francophone sur Van Halen)

http://www.youtube.com/user/VHFranceVideos (Our new Channel)

Comment

• Anonymous
      Banned
      • May 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
      Nah, he's still pissed off about how LOST ended...

Poor guy. I never really watched Lost, as I figured they were just making it up as they went along, so I'd just watch the final episode where it would all be revealed & spare myself of continuous retardednesss over the years.

But from what I've gathered in that video, they left virtually everything unexplained.

I'd be pissed off too, if I spent 6 years of my life watching some crappy soap opera bullshit with no real ending when it ended. Twin Peaks was bad enough for me, thank you very much. Even if it was just a season and a half instead of 6. And even if it took me just a couple of months to watch, instead of SIX YEARS.

My sympathies go to Uncle Adolf.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• Anonymous
        Banned
        • May 2004

Oh, I'm sorry, was this thread about yet another non-existent new Van Halen album?

I am SO sorry for derailing it. I'm REALLY heartbroken. Can you guys ever forgive me?

Hey, it was Chef's fault, anyways.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• WACF
          Crazy Ass Mofo
          • Jan 2004

Yup....Lost had one of the worst endings ever.

Sad to say...VH will follow the path of bad endings...

Comment

• sadaist
            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by vaijuju
            INXS used "Rock Star" to find a new lead singer. J.D. Fortune won the competition, and the band is now making a comeback with a hit new album and a sold-out tour.

How's that working out for them nowadays? They still going or what? Haven't heard a peep about them in a long time.
            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• chefcraig
              DIAMOND STATUS
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
              How's that working out for them nowadays? They still going or what? Haven't heard a peep about them in a long time.
              It isn't. J.D. Fortune was fired, rehired, fired an then rehired again by the "band". They've been playing a series of one-off shows for beer money, and their "new" album is nothing more than a handful of cover versions of their earlier hits with a bunch of stiffs (including Fortune on one track only) doing the singing.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
              ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• twonabomber
                formerly F A T
                ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

the Hitler thing is more played out than the term "played out."

i think the denial is a smokescreen. Ed can work on stuff at Howdy Doody Mountain without it being known, and others have posted stuff about Dave being at Henson (or whatever it is now) studios.
                Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Eddy: So Dave you know all that material I said I hade been saving over the years?

Dave: Yes

Eddy: Well here it is.

Dave: Um Ed that's a cassete tape.

Eddy: Yeah I know.

Dave: Ok so you fit how many years of stuff on one cassete tape:

Eddy: Yup 8 years or so. Well the tape's not really full.

Dave: So what do you want me to do with it. We can't come up with a new album if all you have is an old cassete tape that's not full.

Eddy: Sure we can. All we have to do is tune down another 1/2 step after side A and everyone will think it's diferent music.

Dave: Ed we can't keep recording things the way you did with that ass hat Sammy at the wheel. We have to do better than that.

Eddy: Well fuck Dave. I poured my heart and sole into that tape.

Dave: No you didn't you poured a case of beer into that tape. Come on man!

Comment

• chefcraig
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Apr 2004

More like this...

Wolfgang: "Daaad...I'm telling you: 'Monk' is a well written, original show!
                    EVH: And I'm telling you: It's a complete rip-off off 'Columbo'! It's no more original than Roseanne Barr stealing Phyllis Diller's old act!
                    Wolfgang: Is not!
                    EVH: Is too!
                    Wolfgang: Is NOT!
                    EVH: Is TOO!
                    Dave Roth: Guys...
                    Wolfgang and EVH: SHUT-UP, Dave!"

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                    ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• jhale667
                      DIAMOND STATUS
                      • Aug 2004

MelodiCrock getting no respect...

Originally posted by conmee
                      If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                      Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                      I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                      Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                      Originally posted by eddie78
                      I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Seshmeister
                        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

We had the 'Rock Star' talent show VH rumor a few years ago before Roth was back singing with them.

It's an insane idea, too stupid even for Eddie.

Comment

• ashstralia
                          ROTH ARMY ELITE
                          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by jhale667
                          MelodiCrock getting no respect...
                          hey that iheartguitar guy is a reasonably well known guitar dude in oz...

hope you're reading this, pete!

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
                            ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
                            • Dec 2003

"Impeccable"....

Wow, thanks for the laugh so early in the morning.....
                            Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by ashstralia
                              hey that iheartguitar guy is a reasonably well known guitar dude in oz...

hope you're reading this, pete!
                              Wait, he's THAT Pete's brother??
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• chefcraig
                                DIAMOND STATUS
                                • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                                We had the 'Rock Star' talent show VH rumor a few years ago before Roth was back singing with them.

It's an insane idea, too stupid even for Eddie.
                                Not so fast...remember this?

If not, how's about...

Failing that, then certainly there was this recent flash of inspiration...

― Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...