X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Halen High
    Commando
    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chefcraig
    Just out of curiosity, do you even bother thinking before you post? Look at your above statement, which I'll now quote:

Yep, and to go further, there is this linear thinking...

Dude, I'm not exactly sure what end of the Van Halen argument you are trying to represent. I only realize that I'm pretty much the only one responding to your representation of it.

Crap, for some od reason I'm in the mood for a Hawaiian pizza.
    Huh? Do you bother to read before you reply? My posts are clear. It's not rocket science - I'm just speculating about the progress of the band's recording sessions and what's being reported (or not reported) by the VHND.

Haven't had a pizza for a while - looks good.

Comment

• Halen High
      Commando
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by DavidLeeNatra
      he also claims to have sold 60 million albums with =VH= ...
      I think even some Sammy fans concede he has a tendency to bullshit at times. Would love a journalist to take him to task over some of these statements.

Comment

• Seshmeister
        ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Oct 2003

Originally posted by Halen High
        Same here - I love those songs! Eddie seemed to recapture the fire and Dave delivered with his cool lyrics and cocky swagger. For a brief while, VH sounded like VH again.

I thought they sounded like Van Hagar with Roth singing and writing the melodies.

Much better but not CVH.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
          Head Fluffer
          • Aug 2010

I think we'll get a cd and a tour and that will be that. So what next? Eddie, Al and Dave call it quits? Wolfgang carries on the Van Halen torch with 3 other young guys as VanHalenYouth guided by his dad and uncle? Would ANY of you accept Wolfgang carrying on the Van Halen torch? The kid obviously has inherited his dads genes, maybe not his musical genius but he can play music. Where does he go after being in Van Halen? Anything from him will always be compared to Van Halen so starting his own band and recording/touring as the Dickwads or something would be nigh on impossible for him. Will he just accept that he's a Van Halen and 10 years from now be touring and playing Van Halen tunes and recording as Van Halen? I recall a quote from Gene Simmons saying that Kiss could carry on for years, even without Gene and Paul, just replace them with younger guys. Will Van Halen do this? Or will they give us a kick ass cd and tour to finish off with and let Wolfie go his own way? Or will the cd and tour be so successful that it gives them the hunger to carry on for another 5 to 10 years? Thoughts anyone?

Comment

• AJW
            Head Fluffer
            • Jun 2004

Eddie Trunk Tweets: https://twitter.com/eddietrunk/status/52594477109485569

EddieTrunk: On the rock gossip wire I heard 2 reports today from reliable sources: VH album is close to done and will come out this year. Label TBD

Comment

• Va Beach VH Fan
              ROTH ARMY FOUNDER
              • Dec 2003

Damn, I follow Eddie and totally glossed over that, so thanks....
              Eat Us And Smile - The Originals

"I have a very belligerent enthusiasm or an enthusiastic belligerence. I’m an intellectual slut." - David Lee Roth

"We are part of the, not just the culture, but the geography. Van Halen music goes along with like fries with the burger." - David Lee Roth

Comment

• Halen High
                Commando
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Seshmeister
                I thought they sounded like Van Hagar with Roth singing and writing the melodies.

Much better but not CVH.
                I just love Dave's vocals and lyrics on those tunes - and there's something about working with Dave that fires up Eddie. Maybe not CVH, but pretty good.

Comment

• Halen High
                  Commando
                  • Jul 2004

Wow - that's interesting news from Eddie Trunk. Thanks!
                  Last edited by Halen High; 03-29-2011, 08:34 AM.

Comment

• Halen High
                    Commando
                    • Jul 2004

Originally posted by ToraToraTora
                    I think we'll get a cd and a tour and that will be that. So what next? Eddie, Al and Dave call it quits? Wolfgang carries on the Van Halen torch with 3 other young guys as VanHalenYouth guided by his dad and uncle? Would ANY of you accept Wolfgang carrying on the Van Halen torch? The kid obviously has inherited his dads genes, maybe not his musical genius but he can play music. Where does he go after being in Van Halen? Anything from him will always be compared to Van Halen so starting his own band and recording/touring as the Dickwads or something would be nigh on impossible for him. Will he just accept that he's a Van Halen and 10 years from now be touring and playing Van Halen tunes and recording as Van Halen? I recall a quote from Gene Simmons saying that Kiss could carry on for years, even without Gene and Paul, just replace them with younger guys. Will Van Halen do this? Or will they give us a kick ass cd and tour to finish off with and let Wolfie go his own way? Or will the cd and tour be so successful that it gives them the hunger to carry on for another 5 to 10 years? Thoughts anyone?
                    I would love to get another 2-3 albums and a couple of world tours from VH. When Eddie, Alex and Dave call it quits I think Wolf will do his own thing - not VH.

Comment

• VAiN
                      Use my hand, I won't look
                      ROCKSTAR

• Nov 2006

Originally posted by AJW

EddieTrunk: On the rock gossip wire I heard 2 reports today from reliable sources: VH album is close to done and will come out this year. Label TBD
                      Interesting indeed... hopefully this is the kick-off of 'the album is done' rumors/leaks... we need something new here!
                      Originally posted by wiseguy
                      That shit will welcome you in the morning and pour the milk in your count chocula for ya.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                        Crazy Ass Mofo
                        • May 2010

Originally posted by AJW

Hmmm.

tbd records is an independent record label based in los angeles since 2007.

tbd does not accept unsolicited demos.

Address:

tbd records

9200 W. Sunset Blvd. #1207

West Hollywood, CA 90069

We can be found elsewhere on the web at:

facebook.com/tbdrecords

twitter.com/tbdrecords

INTERNSHIPS

tbd records is always looking for qualified interns with a strong interest in the music industry. Our interns gain first hand experience in both the label and management side of the music industry. All positions are unpaid.
                        Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ToraToraTora
                          Head Fluffer
                          • Aug 2010

TBD = to be determined, i would have thought

Comment

• twonabomber
                            formerly F A T
                            ROTH ARMY WEBMASTER

• Jan 2004

do they need a label to be a Wal-Mart exclusive release?
                            Writing In All Proper Case Takes Extra Time, Is Confusing To Read, And Is Completely Pointless.

Comment

• SunisinuS
                              Crazy Ass Mofo
                              • May 2010

I know I was being literal there...but lol the correct location.
                              Can't Control your Future. Can't Control your Friends. The women start to hike their skirts up. I didn't have a clue. That is when I kinda learned how to smile a lot. One Two Three Fouir fun ter thehr fuur.

Comment

• ELVIS
                                Banned
                                • Dec 2003

Now is the point where they stash the material in the vault with the rest of the unfinished stuff we will never hear and hire some never-has-been wanker to suck dedwads dick...

Comment

Working...