X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Headly1984
    Head Fluffer
    • Jul 2011

Originally posted by chefcraig
    Umm...what are you talking about? Supposedly, they have brought in two producers to help with the album, John Shanks and Ross Hogarth.
    I was under the impression Shanks was vocals off site of 5150 and the Hogarth was mixing, Ed was self producing .. either way - Rubin has been the man with the golden touch for bands once great & needing inspiration to find themselves ..

I don't care who touches what buttons in the studio so long as Ed brings his A game and plays well with Dave ! great music doesn't come from control freaks with singular visions - with rare exceptions and usually before the breakdown,not after a few lol!

Comment

• Coyote
      ROTH ARMY SUPREME
      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Diamondjimi
      True. But it also could've been the fact that Rubin did his final mixes too loud and didn't leave much headroom for mastering enhancements.
      I'm in the process of mixing my bands latest album. I was reminded (by my mastering guru) to mix to a maximum of -3db in order to leave him
      room to do his magic. Mastering will always add db. to a recording, so you're doing yourself a favour by leaving him room to do his craft.
      I have my suspicion that that was indeed the case with Death Magnetic, coupled with the sad fact that producers are mixing everything louder for
      the inevitable conversion to the inferior MP3 format. (For the mp3 generation)
      That, and the sad fact that music has to compete with ads, in terms of dBs...
      Why settle for something you have, if it's not as good as something you're out to get?

Originally posted by Seshmeister
      It's like putting up a YouTube of Bach and playing Chopstix on your Bontempi...

Comment

• yomaster
        Roadie
        • Feb 2004

Originally posted by binnie
        Well, he's hardly going to say it blows is he?

I'll do my damndest to prevent my expectations from being raised - that way if the end product is good it'll be a nice surprise, and if it's crap I won't be devastated.
        LMAO. My thoughts exactly.

Comment

• yomaster
          Roadie
          • Feb 2004

Originally posted by Nitro Express
          I loved it when Anthony Bourdaine said the job of the chef is to find the best ingreadients and not fuck it up. I've seen people take a perfect rib eye steak and fuck it up to the point of where you thought it wasn't humanly possible to do.
          Dave's vocals better not be mixed low like they were on the 1996 tunes.. That was some fuckin bullshitahhh!

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
            ROTH ARMY ELITE
            • Jan 2004

keep it to yourself

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
              ROTH ARMY ELITE
              • Jan 2004

I don't mean to be cold but personally if you can't get to your point in 2 sentences, I don't care either way, and that's anyone. (maybe my issue)
              And it's worse if you're desperate for credibility for something that ultimately doesn't matter THAT much.

Comment

• Anonymous
                Banned
                • May 2004

Originally posted by bang 2 rites
                Fine. That's all I needed to know. I'm gone.
                OH NOES! WhatEVAH will we do without... huh... that what'sisname.

PLEASE, don't go. You are me sunshine, luv.

We needs you to tell us how rite you are & how wrong everyone else is & we'll throw ourselves at yer feet & worship you as the God of Rightnesseousnessess.

Really, we will.

Cheers! :bottle:

Comment

• ThrillsNSpills
                  ROTH ARMY ELITE
                  • Jan 2004

see, you've got to have those West Wing clips cued up if you're gonna rock the boat.

Somewhere someone's thinking "I'll show them , the song Hurricanes will be on the album. Then they'll be sorry. "

Comment

• PETE'S BROTHER
                    DIAMOND STATUS
                    • Feb 2007

i never realized how sensitive to thread popularity chef was, thanks for showin' us who had some serious jealousy issues here, ban2.
                    Another one of those classic genius posts, sure to generate responses. You log on the next day to see what your witty gem has produced to find no one gets it and 2 knotheads want to stick their dicks in it... Well played, sir!!

Comment

• kwame k
                      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                      • Feb 2008

You motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!

I was almost kinda ready to have the energy to think about flaming that moron and you go and ban him?
                      Originally posted by vandeleur
                      E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• chefcraig
                        DIAMOND STATUS
                        • Apr 2004

Trust me, he's been banned before. By now you'd think he'd be used to it. Save it for the next time he shows up under a different name.

“The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.”
                        ― Stephen Hawking

Comment

• Matt White
                          • Jun 2004

FLUSHED

Next fucktard up to bat???

Comment

• sadaist
                            TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by kwame k
                            You motherfuckers!!!!!!!!!

I was almost kinda ready to have the energy to think about flaming that moron and you go and ban him?

Don't you guys just take out all your aggressions on the skins anyways? Play me the drums from the song '5150'. That oughta burn some of that extra energy.

*yeah, yeah...I said 5150. The drums you idiots...NOT the vocals. The drums RAWK! Sheesh. It's like you guys hate Sammy Hagar for some reason or something.
                            “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• kwame k
                              TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                              • Feb 2008

Originally posted by chefcraig
                              Trust me, he's been banned before. By now you'd think he'd be used to it. Save it for the next time he shows up under a different name.
                              I hear ya but......I was pretty close to almost replying to that jackass!

The dude was a little full of himself, wasn't he

The join and post "insider" info is so 2010.
                              E- Jesus . Playing both sides because he didnt understand the argument in the first place

Comment

• kwame k
                                TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                                • Feb 2008

Originally posted by sadaist
                                Don't you guys just take out all your aggressions on the skins anyways? Play me the drums from the song '5150'. That oughta burn some of that extra energy.

*yeah, yeah...I said 5150. The drums you idiots...NOT the vocals. The drums RAWK! Sheesh. It's like you guys hate Sammy Hagar for some reason or something.
                                In a confessional that'll lose me some street cred.........the drumming on Right Now was interesting and the drums had a great tone, when I used to jam to the radio for a change of pace, played that song every now and then. Like most sane people I just can't stand Spammy's vocals......if they had isolated tracks, like what surface a few years ago with CVH, I might actually listen to the Hagar Years....doubt it but crazy things have happened.

Comment

Working...