Roth Army will be represented at Cafe Wha? This Thursday !!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • diamondsgirl
    ROTH ARMY SUPREME
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
    Creeping up close to 1000 visitors...
    Congrats on that!
    “Why do people say "grow some balls"? Balls are weak and sensitive. If you wanna be tough, grow a vagina. Those things can take a pounding” ― Betty White

Comment

• sadaist
      TOASTMASTER GENERAL
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Rikk
      Y'know, I'm still skeptical about this. Is that really going to be the title? I guess we'll see. I know it came straight from his mouth, and I can't imagine why he'd lie.

But it sounds a little...mystical? Out there? For a Van Halen title.

Then again, it doesn't kind of have the same vibe as titles like FAIR WARNING or WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST.

I don't know. My initial reaction is....sounds a lot like the Hagar song about love. But then again, I have a lot of faith in Dave. I'm sure it will all make sense when we get to play that album.
      “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• Vinnie Velvet
        Full Member Status

• Feb 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
        I don't know. My initial reaction is....sounds a lot like the Hagar song about love. But then again, I have a lot of faith in Dave. I'm sure it will all make sense when we get to play that album.
        It does sound kinda 'serious', yes.

And we know that VH with Dave was anything but serious.

Let's wait till we hear it.
        =V V=
        ole No.1 The finest
        EAT US AND SMILE

Comment

• mug
          Head Fluffer
          • Mar 2005

Sitting in GB home of the super bowl packers and can not wait for warf to start sending some VH HAMMERING AT CAFE WHA. Bring this on!!!
          Last edited by mug; 01-05-2012, 05:48 PM.

Comment

• Matt White
            • Jun 2004

"A Different Kind of Truth"

as opposed to the "truth" we been fed over the last 2 decades regarding this band..............

I'm hoping this ROCKS like FAIR WARNING..................

no covers....no keyboard bullshit..............

just DROP THE BOMB

Comment

• VHscraps
              Veteran
              • Jul 2009

But then again, maybe it's not serious as it seems - what I was thinking was ... didn't Joe Strummer (an old foe of Dave's) once say that what the Clash gave you was 'three chords and the truth'? And, back then, VH was the anti-Clash (or the Clash were the anti-VH, in terms of attitude and preachiness).

'A different kind of truth' could be unserious, too ... like, truth is whatever you make it, babe. I'd figure that DD would NEVER tell you what the truth was, 'cos that would be too preachy
              THINK LIKE THE WAVES

Comment

• TJMKID
                Veteran
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Va Beach VH Fan
                Well here ya go, the title of the new album from Dave himself, as well as a couple of Madison Square Garden tour dates !!!

Good to see Dave signing autographs ---- although sadly to some Ebay shitheads just out for a dollar

Even better to see Dave leaking info. about album title and tour dates ---- his way of telling the sisters ---- "I'm running the circus now, mudda-fuckas!"

Comment

• Jagermeister
                  Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

I hope all this traffic doesn't crash the board. Not use to this much activity.

Comment

• TJMKID
                    Veteran
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by VHscraps
                    But then again, maybe it's not serious as it seems - what I was thinking was ... didn't Joe Strummer (an old foe of Dave's) once say that what the Clash gave you was 'three chords and the truth'? And, back then, VH was the anti-Clash (or the Clash were the anti-VH, in terms of attitude and preachiness).

'A different kind of truth' could be unserious, too ... like, truth is whatever you make it, babe. I'd figure that DD would NEVER tell you what the truth was, 'cos that would be too preachy

"Different Kind of Truth" ---- sounds like Rick Santorum's GOP campaign slogan!

Comment

• Jagermeister
                      Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Damn news travels fast and chages apprently. I did a search for a differnt kind of truth.

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

Comment

• sadaist
                        TOASTMASTER GENERAL
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by TJMKID
                        Good to see Dave signing autographs ---- although sadly to some Ebay shitheads just out for a dollar

"

Yes, 1st thing I noticed too. They are more interested in filming his hand signing the autographs to 'prove' they were signed by him & get top dollar. I would have kept the camera smack on his face. Then again, I'd probably pee myself if I ever met Dave.
                        “Great losses often bring only a numb shock. To truly plunge a victim into misery, you must overwhelm him with many small sufferings.”

Comment

• jhale667
                          DIAMOND STATUS
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Jagermeister
                          I hope all this traffic doesn't crash the board. Not use to this much activity.
                          I've gotten more than a few "Web Server down or busy" error messages already today, but refreshing the page again seems to work so far...
                          Originally posted by conmee
                          If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                          Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                          I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                          Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                          Originally posted by eddie78
                          I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Jagermeister
                            Full Member Status

• Apr 2010

Originally posted by jhale667
                            I've gotten more than a few "Web Server down or busy" error messages already today, but refreshing the page again seems to work so far...
                            No shit? Fuck I was just joking. I have not had any problems today. For once.

Comment

• jhale667
                              DIAMOND STATUS
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by sadaist
                              Yes, 1st thing I noticed too. They are more interested in filming his hand signing the autographs to 'prove' they were signed by him & get top dollar. I would have kept the camera smack on his face. Then again, I'd probably pee myself if I ever met Dave.
                              No, you wouldn't - he's so cool in person you instantly feel comfortable around him, or at least I did the night I met him...
                              Originally posted by conmee
                              If anyone even thinks about deleting the Muff Thread they are banned.... no questions asked.

That is all.

Icon.
                              Originally posted by GO-SPURS-GO
                              I've seen prominent hypocrite liberal on this site Jhale667

Originally posted by Isaac R.
                              Then it's really true??:eek:

The Muff Thread is really just GONE ???

OMFG...who in their right mind...???
                              Originally posted by eddie78
                              I was wrong about you, brother. You're good.

Comment

• Unchainme
                                ROTH ARMY SUPREME
                                • Apr 2005

to WARF.
                                Still waiting for a relevant Browns Team

Comment

Working...